Votes: 61 48.4%
  • Below Average

Votes: 31 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
8827810.jpg

Florida is statistically better in just about everything. And by wide margins. From this alone we should dominate. They haven’t been competitive with any team who is competently coached.
Great stuff - thanks for the very informative posts.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks YTD Stats:
2,030 passing yards, 230 yards rushing, 26 TDs(6 rushing), 6 INTs so far with 2 games left into the season.

Mullen has found a way to make Franks a useable QB in his system. We can only hope Franks protects the ball Saturday. His numbers could be tremendous compared to last season and comparable to QBs back in the Meyer era.

I think he has just starved the RBs near the goal line some to boost Franks's numbers (as far as some of the passing TDs anyway against the easier competition) and hopefully his confidence. He has done a good job of getting Franks to limit the turnovers though I think Franks will never be a decent passer when the ball goes pass the line of scrimmage. It was pretty striking how bad Franks passing is when you take out the swing passes etc.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I think he has just starved the RBs near the goal line some to boost Franks's numbers (as far as some of the passing TDs anyway against the easier competition) and hopefully his confidence. He has done a good job of getting Franks to limit the turnovers though I think Franks will never be a decent passer when the ball goes pass the line of scrimmage. It was pretty striking how bad Franks passing is when you take out the swing passes etc.

Good points. I agree that his passing accuracy seems to be limited to within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. His stats look better because of YAC.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This FSU team is mentally fragile. Control the LOS on both sides and frustrate them, and especially jump ahead with a decent lead, and we will see a victory.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
8827810.jpg

Florida is statistically better in just about everything. And by wide margins. From this alone we should dominate. They haven’t been competitive with any team who is competently coached.

That’s all true.

My concern for Saturday is that the Noles do have excellent recruits. They have been tentative and unfocused most of the year, but managed to beat a decent BC team Saturday. They won on a big play, but exactly the kind of play our defense has surrendered all year. And in a rivalry game???

Our front 7 should be able to dominate their OL. We need to.

And our guys cannot take the bait on cheap shots, trash talk, etc. Take care of bidness, end a streak and cap a good first year with a satisfying win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They asked Willie how much he thinks winning this rivalry game affects the recruiting in the state and he basically said it can't be that easy or FSU would have all the top recruits now.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
For me, this Gator team has already exceeded my expectations for this year. All I have truly cared about all season and for the last 5 years was beating the Noles.

Biggest game of the season by far. Get Pumped.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For me, this Gator team has already exceeded my expectations for this year. All I have truly cared about all season and for the last 5 years was beating the Noles.

Biggest game of the season by far. Get Pumped.

Yep it will really take all the good feelings about this season and Mullen away if we were to blow this game with how bad FSU has looked.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
That’s all true.

My concern for Saturday is that the Noles do have excellent recruits. They have been tentative and unfocused most of the year, but managed to beat a decent BC team Saturday. They won on a big play, but exactly the kind of play our defense has surrendered all year. And in a rivalry game???

Our front 7 should be able to dominate their OL. We need to.

And our guys cannot take the bait on cheap shots, trash talk, etc. Take care of bidness, end a streak and cap a good first year with a satisfying win.
We shouldn’t be in position to lose on a last play. We should move the ball consistently and score. They aren’t conditioned well, they aren’t developed well, they go out and wing it. Any competent coach has shut them down. I expect the same Saturday

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They asked Willie how much he thinks winning this rivalry game affects the recruiting in the state and he basically said it can't be that easy or FSU would have all the top recruits now.

hA54D1359

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
FSU is a terrible team. Taggart and his backpack are a joke. No way can you lose to this version of FSU. It just can't happen.
Make fun of their phanny pack or whatever. It’s truly worthy of ridicule. But If FFS syndrome rears its ugly head, Franks might be wearing that backpack on his way to Transfer Town.

No pressure or anything, son. Just Protect the ball. Keep that backpack stuffed underneath the bench. Beat them Noles silly.

Last edited:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Addressing the obviously deluded "Noes"...
With no common opponents based solely on this tool's observations. Ugh.

Here are some facts about the team who took you to the wire last weekend, clowns:
Average composite team ranking over last 5 years...65.4 (yours, 5.4)
Average player score over the last 5 years...82.85 (yours, 91.28)
TOTAL blue chip players signed over the last 5 years...ONE (you a$$hats, 73)

With THAT kind of talent advantage y'all still think WT>DM?

BTW, we booked 46 BC players, and though we're a little behind you in the talent rankings I'll take our DL, RBs, WRs, and secondary over BC's any day of the week.

Sheesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.