Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs FSU***

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Why didn't Peirce get more touches this season? I mean, I really like Davis and Wright and all our RBs to be honest but why the heck didnt Peirce get more touches? Its mind boggling. The only thing I can think of is Davis is better catching the ball? I thought Davis had a bad game today but he kept getting put in there. He had the Toney'itist of dancing around too much instead of just getting downfield. I really like Davis, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't seeing the holes today. But every time Peirce is in the game he runs over people and jukes people for 5+ yard carries.

WTF?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The best part of winning this game is fsu will be at home and not getting the much needed 15 extra bowl practices whereas we will get them and they will do us no good. As soon as the bowl is over, the coaches are history.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why didn't Peirce get more touches this season? I mean, I really like Davis and Wright and all our RBs to be honest but why the heck didnt Peirce get more touches? Its mind boggling. The only thing I can think of is Davis is better catching the ball? I thought Davis had a bad game today but he kept getting put in there. He had the Toney'itist of dancing around too much instead of just getting downfield. I really like Davis, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't seeing the holes today. But every time Peirce is in the game he runs over people and jukes people for 5+ yard carries.

WTF?
Wright does absolutely nothing that the other two don't.
Davis goes down when someone breathes on him.

Pierce is an SEC back.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Wright does absolutely nothing that the other two don't.
Davis goes down when someone breathes on him.

Pierce is an SEC back.

I really like Davis. I really do think he has a lot of talent and disagree that he goes down when he is breathed on. He is very shifty and when he is decisive he breaks opponents knees with his cuts. But today he was just cutting to cut and needed to sit.

Wright, definitely our 3rd best back. I think there is a big gap between Davis and Peirce to Wright.

But Peirce is just a bowling ball.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
goodbye EJ it was nice knowing you and the best of luck to you in your future endeavors. also will not be disappointed by many other departures such as Elam and Cox, etc. etc. etc.
Elam? He is ALL SEC caliber if he doesn't actually win it straight up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t care about the practices so much as I think these kids deserve to play another game if they want to. They were failed by the previous staff and could end up improving any draft stock with a good performance(Carter, Elam, Pierce mostly).

But you know who won’t have to worry about this debate? A group of nole Srs who never made a single bowl game in their entire careers.
upload_2021-11-27_20-8-17.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Elam? He is ALL SEC caliber if he doesn't actually win it straight up.

I am sorry but we must see 2 different players when we watch. I see a guy who has terrible technique and has more than his share of holding penalties. The reason they are holding penalties and not PI's is b/c he gets beat so early he grabs before the ball is thrown. If that quality of play this season is all SEC, then the SEC blows at CB. No thanks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I They were failed by the previous staff and could end up improving any draft stock with a good performance(Carter, Elam, Pierce mostly).
Carter is going to do fine and have a long career if he manages to avoid injury.

Elam too.

Pierce needs to land in the right spot and actually get a chance.

Im not sure that a game against some other 6-6 is going to change anything. Im also not sure that Knox, who hasnt wanted to play Pierce the last 4 years, is going to change his mind at some shtthole bowl game.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can't believe The Gators finally played someone with worst special teams.

The wiff on the onsides was priceless
It was reminiscent of Middle school football where the coach found himself in need but realized they’d never practiced an on side kick. He would then quickly draw up a formation and explain each player’s responsibility. As he told the kicker how to aim 12 yards down the sideline and kick the ball on the top stripe just hard enough so it won’t fly out of bounds, the poor kid nodded “yeah” which translated as “WTF?” Two offsides later, the ball was finally kicked over the field fencing. Game over.

Too bad Norvell chose the only kid on the roster with strabismus to try and pull it off. Couldn’t happen to a better bunch. Can’t wait for all the talk of “moral victories” at church tomorrow. Mullen’s available; maybe they should give him a try.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am sorry but we must see 2 different players when we watch. I see a guy who has terrible technique and has more than his share of holding penalties. The reason they are holding penalties and not PI's is b/c he gets beat so early he grabs before the ball is thrown. If that quality of play this season is all SEC, then the SEC blows at CB. No thanks.
You're not that bright. You guys think every time a safety fuchs up it is the corner's fault.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Carter is going to do fine and have a long career if he manages to avoid injury.

Elam too.

Pierce needs to land in the right spot and actually get a chance.

Im not sure that a game against some other 6-6 is going to change anything. Im also not sure that Knox, who hasnt wanted to play Pierce the last 4 years, is going to change his mind at some shtthole bowl game.

That was a long winded way of pointing out the fact that fsu isn’t going to a bowl for the 4th year straight. Like 60 bowls a year and they haven’t made on in 240 tries. Don’t ruin it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator