Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs FSU***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
God, we have to win this game so we don't go into the offseason with thoughts of shooting ourselves. If we lose, we might end up with 10 or 15 less regulars by next season, victims of a gun fired into their mouths.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I started following the Gators when Pell left Clemson for UF. (1979). Went to UF in 84.

My hate is with the Buttsniffers. No other hate comes close.

I dislike FSU, but, in my mind, they are, and always will be, a girls school. Pfft. Not in our conference.
I understand, but the bite of Gator football in Gainesville in the 90s was some serious sh!t , and F$U was our biggest rival.
I grew up a Gator fan in Florida and yes, i hate Ugly almost as much, but i hate the noles more.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The love’s only coming when the wins start happening. Right now, Billy’s record as Gator HBC stands at 11-13 to date as he nears the end of year two. He’s 0-2 vs UGA, UK, Mizzou, lost to Vandy in year 1, lost to F$U year 1, blown out in the bowl game last year. Big wins were Utah last year, Tennessee this year. Everybody with a brain knew he had a young roster and there would be struggles. Nobody dreamed the defense last year and especially this year would be absolutely incapable of slowing down the opposition, much less stopping them. If he’s going to turn things around, it’s got to start this Saturday, but even with a win, it’ll likely be more of a sigh of relief than a shower of love. The only way for the love to flow is for Billy and staff to do a complete 180 with this team, especially the defense, and start playing hard-nosed, disciplined, and mistake-free. I’d love nothing more than to see that, but at this point I remain skeptical that it will change until it does and then repeats itself.

I concluded last game’s “Bits & Pieces” with one game remaining so there’s a glimmer of hope to finish 6-6 with a guaranteed bowl appearance. “Hope” isn’t a great plan, but it’s all we’ve got. The biggest problem is that Billy and staff and players have consistently made the same mistakes over and again. At some point, doubling down and getting your teeth kicked in should be a wake up call. Maybe this is the week? If so, it’s about time. If not, don’t expect the love anytime soon. Only winning will bring that and right now, the hole that Billy started in has only gotten deeper, much of it by his own making.

I wish I could be more optimistic, but right now, the best I’ve got is to be pleasantly surprised, if only momentarily, by Billy pulling a rabbit out of the hat Saturday. But I’ll gladly take that at this point and worry about next year when we see what can be made from the portal, recruiting, and potential staff changes/upgrades/additions. Failing any or all of that, we’re likely looking at the next coaching search upcoming.
Preach it Cover! Open there eyes to the truth!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
God, we have to win this game so we don't go into the offseason with thoughts of shooting ourselves. If we lose, we might end up with 10 or 15 less regulars by next season, victims of a gun fired into their mouths.
You now have 5 days to get $$$ from them.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I started following the Gators when Pell left Clemson for UF. (1979). Went to UF in 84.

My hate is with the Buttsniffers. No other hate comes close.

I dislike FSU, but, in my mind, they are, and always will be, a girls school. Pfft. Not in our conference.
To me, FSU will always be the "hit the Gator's QB until 1 second after that last echo of the whistle fades" team.

They have tried to deliberately injure more Gators than all other teams combined, since I arrived in Gvl in 1970.

I dislike Georgia.

I HATE FSU, and that can never be undone.

(Charlie Ward earned a pass for his post-college good deeds.)

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
Isn't Max the guy the Ball Coach said he really liked as he was able to move the ball up the field? I am looking forward to see what he can do! Trust the Ball Coach!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't Max the guy the Ball Coach said he really liked as he was able to move the ball up the field? I am looking forward to see what he can do! Trust the Ball Coach!
No. That was actually the kid that transferred here from uconn

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes, I believe he is.

And since we're talking about coaches' perceptions of our QBs, and I know reading CBN's emotions is akin to the t-shirt with tiles of stormtroopers (or the lesbian Kristen something from the werewolf/vampire movie) showing all the different emotions like happy, mad, amazed, etc. but it's the same picture tile, but it seems like CBN gushes when asked about Mertz yet he seemed reluctantly happy to have to brag about Max. This was in the Monday presser, post the Mizzou loss. CBN just doesn't gush as much. Odd.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Micah Leon is who singled out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.