***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Georgia***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This stat essentially says it all. Thanks for sharing, cause I avoid espn unless necessary.
I was assured by @Swamp Donkey and @ltraz (mostly Donk, though) that those guys had minimal impact on rush defense. Weird. Maybe those stats are too advanced for Donk :scratchhead::scratchchin::box::grin:

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
I saw this response coming from a mile away. And is somewhat warranted. But not to the extent that those numbers dictate.
Sack yardage is essential in stopping the run as well. The more sacks the more passing downs they force. -38 rushing yards due to sacks does not create the disparity in 1.63 to 4.79. If it were half a yard difference I’d take your side.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
What’s the argument here? Sack yardage taken in to total rushing yards means they are rushing yards. Sacks influence that yardage. Whether it’s a handoff or not it doesn’t make a difference. A sack also dictates future downs and play calls. In turn those sacks have the ability to stop the run by forcing the other team to not run. With them we get more sacks. They get less yards. I’m not sure what your argument is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dan says Toney is full go, and his teammates say he's doing great work in practice. That being said, the way the other WRs have stepped up, he now becomes just another weapon, but one the Puppies will have to keep their eye on.
Full go means three touches. It isn't that big of a deal.

I hope they are homeruns but everyone knows he's getting the ball when he runs on the field.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Full go means three touches. It isn't that big of a deal.

I hope they are homeruns but everyone knows he's getting the ball when he runs on the field.

He's also good for at least one "WTF is he doing!?!?!" play per every three or four touches.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
For what it's worth; Jesse Palmer just picked UF during the Thursday night game halftime show..... (so did Joey Galloway).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I know you like advanced stats - that was for Donk. And sacks probably make up a decent portion of that yds/rush stat as Miami was a crazy game for sacks and that was probably a good amount of the snaps they both played together. Still, 3.16 yard/play is a large statistical difference and I think its a stretch to assume they don’t affect the plays much.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
My argument has NEVER been who’s more responsible for run stopping. Its always been that we are more effective with Greenard (specifically) and Zuniga (to an extent) than without. Donk has consistently stated that the difference is minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.