***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

How many passing yards with UF have in Week 2?

• 199 or less

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • 200 - 299

Votes: 89 76.1%
  • 300+

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not so much looking at the opponent just past them, but more subconsciously assuming this is a W since it's been over 3 decades since they lost this matchup. They could get caught mentally marking it off as a W and thinking a little about UToothless or MSU.

Hopefully they are fully focused and put the beatdown on the pussycats which will really propel our momentum going forward. A loss pretty much sh*tcans the whole season and puts Mullen into a category of fail that even The Zooker, Chump, and Stain avoided.

I think being the first SEC game of the year they will be very focused.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think being the first SEC game of the year they will be very focused.

Reasons to get reved up:
1) 1st SEC game
2) Game starts unblemished our SEC W-L record
3) To continue to uphold "we're back" proclamation
4) To defend the UF over UK win streak
5) To stay unbeaten as 2-0
6) To please coach Mullen
7) to prove to each other players' bond to each & to the Gator goal
8) ? what else ?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
This could be a tough game. UK's opponent, Central Mich is a real Div one team with better players than CSU by a long shot so they got a better challenge in their tuneup.

UK played sloppy in the first half with multiple turnovers which kept it close, but seemed to knock off the rust and played a lot better in the second half with their play-makers stepping up.

They rushed for around 300 yards in this game and had good production and 2 rushing TD's from Benny Snell as expected, (even though he was reportedly ill before the game). But the surprise was RS Frosh AJ Rose was as productive having a big game going over 100 yards and also 2 rushing TDs so they look to have a legitimate 1-2 punch that is going to challenge our line and LB's. Run support is going to be critical for our DB and we can't afford the 2 hand touch tackle techniques we saw last year.

UK seems a little unsettled at QB with starter Terry Wilson getting a minor injury in the first half giving backup Gunnar Hoak a chance to lead the Cats to a TD at the end of the 2nd Q taking the lead before half. Hoak got more time in the second half even though Wilson was ready. Wilson finished the game and neither did a whole lot, but Hoak probably played better overall. Freshman Wideout David Bouvier was the most effective receiver scoring the only TD of the passing game and returned punts effectively and looks pretty dangerous in that role.

Their defense actually played well but were put in a bad place with the offense turning the ball over repeatedly on their side of the field. There was also a helmet to helmet call that gave CMU a very short field. This is pretty much the same defense that pushed our O-Line around all day long last year and they are are expected to be better this year with another year of experience and training.

I expect we win, but this could easily be an even game in the 4th Q and I doubt some of your score predictions are realistic, but I hope you are right. This defense will put a lot more pressure on our O-Line and FF, and this running game is one of the better we will face this year so our D better be ready.

Ohh, they also averaged 50 yds a punt and didn't attempt any FG's.

We will learn a lot more from this game. If it is close I don't think that is going to be a condemnation of our team but rather this is a decent SEC team we are going to face and if we make enough mistakes they are good enough to capitalize and break the streak.

UF 37-UK-28
If we give up 28 points to KY, we are in deep shyt when any team with a balanced, smoothly running offense comes to town. KY has neither one of those things and if they do score 4 TDs on us we are looking at a disastrous season in the making. Anything more than 17 offensive points from the Mildcats spells big trouble down the road. Just sayin.'

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If we give up 28 points to KY, we are in deep shyt when any team with a balanced, smoothly running offense comes to town. KY has neither one of those things and if they do score 4 TDs on us we are looking at a disastrous season in the making. Anything more than 17 offensive points from the Mildcats spells big trouble down the road. Just sayin.'
Yeah, I'll probably change my prediction in the official score prediction thread. But UK has a very good running game. If we give them short fields they are more than capable of scoring. If we can avoid turnovers that's going to be the key.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we win this game we will be in a tie for the 3rd longest consecutive winning streak in history.

Gatormb

Jul 26, 2018
I was pretty quiet at the game. I think Sonny's BBQ on Archer Rd poisoned me before the game and I was afraid if I stood up and cheered I would chit my pants.

Try Krystal on Newberry this week and you will, but it will be worth it!

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
It's called an "Oops". Had a friend have it happen to him at the Masters. Thought he was only farting and ended up wearing his sweater tied around his waist all day.:cool:
Here I stand
So broken hearted
Tried to fart
And %^*!ing sharted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member