***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just be on guard against their initial home team hyper-activity; hey, lets take advantage via some misdirection schemes. ?? right off.
No way can UK match these speedsters= Cleveland, Swain, Grimes, Copeland, ... who else outside?
So DM get Franks' QB-thinking on the best trajectory. Long arching, short & crisp, and please some unstoppable line-drive torpedoes.
I will be glad if Kentucky performs as a solid SEC team that we meet & beat by 20+ points. Want our good men to have mastery over their good men. Head to head conquering will do wonders for our boys' development. Hope to see this team create such a tight weave of camaraderie that will make us a gang-tackling reptile-pile. Concurrently, got to see a superior Offense surgically slice open the UK Defense to make them bleed points. Just give us a "start-to-finish" Top-6 team overpowering performance. 36 hours and closing.
Rev 'em up coach Dan, 'cause we're all watching.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Echoes of last year when Donk assured us of 0-8 SEC after the Kentucky loss.

Sure if we lose Saturday it could go south fast.....or not. Gotta play them out.

Our last 2 trips up there were extremely close wins. Granted those were Buttered, we won there EVEN in 2017, and in 2015 with Grier making his first road start, but there were only 3 other close games up there dating back to “Doering’s got a touchdown” in 1993.

Fair to say Kentucky is a much improved program. Their OL is clearly more established than ours. Our skill players are clearly better. I’m holding to my prediction but this is not a pushover and if we aren’t prepared, focused, aggressive and sharp we’ll get beaten.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"The past is the past," running back Malik Davis said. "It's not revenge. We are treating it like any other game."

Coach Dan Mullen and several players expressed a similar sentiment.

Seems odd. I'm all about revenge. Kick their ass!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like the uniform combo, too. I know a lot of people like the all white uniforms on the road, but I do not. Seems like we wore this combo back in the HBC’s day quite a bit and did all right with it.

But we primarily started the all white during Meyers tenure...specifically 08 and 09 and did pretty good those years

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our last 2 trips up there were extremely close wins. Granted those were Buttered, we won there EVEN in 2017, and in 2015 with Grier making his first road start, but there were only 3 other close games up there dating back to “Doering’s got a touchdown” in 1993.

Fair to say Kentucky is a much improved program. Their OL is clearly more established than ours. Our skill players are clearly better. I’m holding to my prediction but this is not a pushover and if we aren’t prepared, focused, aggressive and sharp we’ll get beaten.

Yep watched the replay of that 2017 game and they were kicking our butts until the long pass trick play by Toney with about 10 minutes left and then they decided not to cover a receiver of ours for a 2nd time in that game costing them the game.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

I believe when you say 'He' in that last sentence you are referring to me? If I am wrong, ignore this. If I am right, I think you missed my point. I was referencing our OL vs their DL ... not our OL star rating to their OL star rating or same for DL to DL. UK DL is somewhere between scUM and UTM DLs but probably much closer to scUM DL. UTM DL was very undersized and we still didn't run block.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
"The past is the past," running back Malik Davis said. "It's not revenge. We are treating it like any other game."

Coach Dan Mullen and several players expressed a similar sentiment.

Seems odd. I'm all about revenge. Kick their ass!

I can see it that way as well. But the thing I've loved about this week is the fact that we're not talking a bunch at all and making it more than it needs to be. It truly is just another game, and one we should win. Talk about revenge in the locker room like uga 2008, and then show your conviction on the field.

Of all the things Mullen has said, what I respected more than anything else is after last year's game. Paraphrasing he said even if we'd hit the hail mary at the end, it still wouldn't have changed anything in terms of the flaws we had and how we'd played up to that point. Similar(though opposite) of 2017, when we got bailed out and acted as if we'd won it all. Not surprisingly, we sucked thereafter. Final score is everything, but how we played was/is critical. I think this game has Mullen's attention. He's just not going to make a big deal of it or allow the team to make a big spectacle of things.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
As long as we take care of the ball and tackle, we should be fine in this game. I expect the usual slow start like many others. I'll be interested to see how many times Copeland sees the ball. I wish we would try the long ball a few times early to see if we can hit a homerun. I expect a tight game that we pull away in the late 3rd or early 4th. I see us winning something like 27-14 or so.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For this game especially, we need a new surprise 'em hero = Copeland. He's looked like he can do more. Copeland slashing & bashing ? Just set plays up for him and insist that he must do it, time for him to just play football. Coaches, show & tell the blockers on his plays how this guy will "rocket" by them. Even a few times should allow Perrine, Pierce, & Davis to increase YPCs. But mostly, let's find out what we've got in Copeland? I think we've got a weapon with the safety on. But if Copeland gets 3-4 yards then go elsewhere? Clement kept his legs strongly churning - ran 25+ yards on a plugged up play. Leg's go Dan, get the good guys all churning. Make it rain.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its going to be interesting to see what @Gator Fever is scared of against UT. He’s never seen an opponent he doesn’t like!

:lol: I think KY has a better O line than us right now and on Defense they can stop the run pretty good. We are better rushing the passer - that is why I said they might be better in the trenches overall. They outplayed us in the trenches for most of the 2017 game and in 2018.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
:lol: I think KY has a better O line than us right now and on Defense they can stop the run pretty good. We are better rushing the passer - that is why I said they might be better in the trenches overall. They outplayed us in the trenches for most of the 2017 game and in 2018.
Fair take. I’m not sure we’ll try running it “traditionally” much. I could see a bunch of short passes out wide to cover for the OL until they figure out how to run block.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
During halftime of the WSU-Houston games last night they were hyping Kentucky’s win streak against us.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
During halftime of the WSU-Houston games last night they were hyping Kentucky’s win streak against us.
Gators need to take care of business tonight. A bunch of the sports talking heads seem to think UK is a sexy pick. A good old fashioned curb stomping would show CDM has gotten the ship heading in the right direction.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dumbasses don’t understand that one game does not constitute a streak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator