Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
1696039670372.gif

But he’s off to a hell of a start.

Also, is it me or does it look like Leia is about to…I mean is there an alternative ending to ESB that I’ve not seen?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Fu** Kentucky.
200.gif

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I posted this, almost verbatim, in the Kentucky prediction thread and I'm posting again here. I hope I'm wrong but here goes.

We looked great against Tennessee for about 2 & 1/2 quarters and then we ran out the clock to seal the W. I'm actually okay with how the second half of that game went because we were never in jeopardy of losing. We did so well in that game that I decided to give Sun Belt Billy the rest of that Saturday off from being called Sun Belt Billy. We then follow that up with a really crappy performance against Charlotte, so he's back to Sun Belt Billy again. As much as I hate to say it, I think we lose this game. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sold on this team yet and I'm certainly not yet sold on our head coach, our offensive coordinator nor our special teams coordinator. I think all 3 of those coaches have quite a few things to improve upon. My guess is this will be something like KY 24- UF 17. The good news is Sun Belt Billy has a chance to earn his way out of the name calling doghouse for the rest of tomorrow if he and the team perform at a really high level and win the game.

With that being said, I'll still say "Go Gators, prove GIG wrong!"

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I posted this, almost verbatim, in the Kentucky prediction thread and I'm posting again here. I hope I'm wrong but here goes.

We looked great against Tennessee for about 2 & 1/2 quarters and then we ran out the clock to seal the W. I'm actually okay with how the second half of that game went because we were never in jeopardy of losing. We did so well in that game that I decided to give Sun Belt Billy the rest of that Saturday off from being called Sun Belt Billy. We then follow that up with a really crappy performance against Charlotte, so he's back to Sun Belt Billy again. As much as I hate to say it, I think we lose this game. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sold on this team yet and I'm certainly not yet sold on our head coach, our offensive coordinator nor our special teams coordinator. I think all 3 of those coaches have quite a few things to improve upon. My guess is this will be something like KY 24- UF 17. The good news is Sun Belt Billy has a chance to earn his way out of the name calling doghouse for the rest of tomorrow if he and the team perform at a really high level and win the game.

I hear you. Staff has done some really good things, recruiting well especially. But it’s just not easy to trust them yet to have the team prepared. Last season’s eggs and the Charlotte game are cause for pause. They have to be ready, can’t look stumped, can’t run plays for down and distance that leave us wondering. Hope we win.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
27-20 Gators win this one. We'll run the ball well and Mertz will be efficient. That's just my wild guess. Payback time.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think the difference will be our DL. Did Kentucky do more to fix their leaky OL or did we upgrade our DL more? Stop the run and pressure Leary into a couple of INTs.

Leary is a fine passer so I expect he’ll be trouble if/when we don’t pressure. Safeties have a lot to manage.

Field position matters a lot to this offense, so don’t screw up while fielding punts or choosing to run back a KO. And please, help our defense, Jeremy Crawshank.

Smack: DO NOT give them a chance to return a KO. Today is not the day to blow your touchback streak.

Take a step forward. Billy has said errors are fixable. Are they fixed? I’m thinking yes, at least enough for this test.

Gators 27-21

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He just misses at times and gives an unintended rating. It’s been discussed here several times.
Drunk is between WTF and Loony - not sure you can say you were poking at a Like or a Funny and blame a shaky finger on this one.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

It was bad and embarrassing enough posted once - please don't post cringe-worthy takes multiple times.

I'm sorry that the last two Gator wins have been so traumatizing for you. The way some of you guys handle winning these days, I would imagine you'd have to be on suicide watch if this team actually lost the game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Leary is a fine passer so I expect he’ll be trouble if/when we don’t pressure. Safeties have a lot to manage.
Vanderbilt's elite defense shut him down and forced him into multiple turnovers. I'm terrified.

Leary also threw a pick in each of the first 3 games, to powerhouses Ball State, Akron, and Eastern Kentucky. I smell a pick-6 today.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's Gameday!

Like I've said all week, it's going to be about the D. I'm not sure where (Marty - SEC Nation) is getting this Mildcat team having such a tough schedule except for being in the SEC. We all know about UF's and who they've played.

Vanderbilt's elite defense shut him down and forced him into multiple turnovers. I'm terrified.

Leary also threw a pick in each of the first 3 games, to powerhouses Ball State, Akron, and Eastern Kentucky. I smell a pick-6 today.

It's like @oxrageous said, such a powerhouse schedule thus far. Scooby, Princely, and Co. are going to be up close and personal with Leary today. Probably the best unit he's face and definitely the best this year.

With this young of a team, we'll be winning ugly at times. But last I checked no style points for a W. Most of all as this team grows, matures, and gets experience, the comfortable wins will come.

I say again Fuchs, Kinfuchee.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It was bad and embarrassing enough posted once - please don't post cringe-worthy takes multiple times.

I'm sorry that the last two Gator wins have been so traumatizing for you. The way some of you guys handle winning these days, I would imagine you'd have to be on suicide watch if this team actually lost the game.

It’s also posted a third time in the Lounge “Car Care” thread.

I don’t know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator