Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs McNeese State***

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
After a visit from a couple of Ox's lovely ladies, I have seen the light. I now believe we can beat UT.

sxDQNC2ZqdWw.jpeg

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be surprised if the score gets gaudy, but it would be fun. It's about get young and new players reps and getting execution better, which we must have.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Given our slow, methodical pace of offense, all the youngsters on the field, and our history of screwing up special teams....I'm expecting something like 35 - 17 win for us.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We are a young team.
On offense and ST we have freshmen and sophomores in 20 of the 30 2-deep spots.

We have freshman or sophomores starting in 9 of the 14 positions.
I guess my excitement for the upcoming season overlooked this somewhat. Yes, we are definitely young and raw. Deep down we did know this and discussed during the offseason, therefore many stating don't worry about '23 that '24 will be the tell. I would rather play the best players and the younger guys if it pays dividends in the long run. A rebuild, SOS, young team, and so on. Would love to see them catch a break.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We are a young team.

On offense and ST we have freshmen and sophomores in 20 of the 30 2-deep spots.

We have freshman or sophomores starting in 9 of the 14 positions.
I guess my excitement for the upcoming season overlooked this somewhat. Yes, we are definitely young and raw. Deep down we did know this and discussed during the offseason, therefore many stating don't worry about '23 that '24 will be the tell. I would rather play the best players and the younger guys if it pays dividends in the long run. A rebuild, SOS, young team, and so on. Would love to see them catch a break.
Like it or not, this year is a wash. We aren't just a young and inexperienced team, BN is a young coach and his staff is young.

Its only been one game but (imo) the defensive scheme and playcalling seem better and the defensive effort is there.

Tune in again in 2024.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Don’t know where to put this but I thought it was good

What he says is exactly what I say all the time. College football comes at you quickly. By not making that move after his first season, he’s now staring at his third season at the earliest, which is probably too late. You just can’t do dumb things. And you certainly can’t hang on to a losing position.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What he says is exactly what I say all the time. College football comes at you quickly. By not making that move after his first season, he’s now staring at his third season at the earliest, which is probably too late. You just can’t do dumb things. And you certainly can’t hang on to a losing position.

Yeah gonna look like Muschamp going through a new OC every season not realizing the issue is him.

Always said though that Muschamp would have been deadly if we just let him get to his 6th OC

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Yeah gonna look like Muschamp going through a new OC every season not realizing the issue is him.

Always said though that Muschamp would have been deadly if we just let him get to his 6th OC
Many pumpers wanted him to get another year lol they are like those japanese ww2 soldiers that kept fighting until the late 70s or even early 80s

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like it or not, this year is a wash. We aren't just a young and inexperienced team, BN is a young coach and his staff is young.

Its only been one game but (imo) the defensive scheme and playcalling seem better and the defensive effort is there.

Tune in again in 2024.
I was just listening to Shane Matthews’ podcast. They said that 70% of the roster is freshman and sophomores.

Going back to the earlier post on the last page, Napier said we only have 13 starts between all the starters on the OL. Assuming he’s counting last game, that means they had only 8 starts between all of them before going on the road against a top 15 team.

Tells you how bad Mullen was. No upper classmen or experience on this team!

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I was just listening to Shane Matthews’ podcast. They said that 70% of the roster is freshman and sophomores.

Going back to the earlier post on the last page, Napier said we only have 13 starts between all the starters on the OL. Assuming he’s counting last game, that means they had only 8 starts between all of them before going on the road against a top 15 team.

We also lost or dismissed alot of what would have been upper classmen.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Look, I’m all for hating on Vacationing Dan, but at some point, the blame for shytty performances falls on the current head coach.

He had to know that Utah would be bringing pressure knowing that the oline was inexperienced and playing together for the first time. The lack of quick game has hurt this team for 14 games now.

We don’t have a generational athlete playing qb anymore who can bail us out of offensive line issues, so you have to scheme to what you have.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fairly sure they schemed the game. Appeared to me, when crunch time came they didn't execute.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Youth. Inexperience. Some key injuries. And local voices placing blame on the lack upperclassmen instead of the staff, despite numerous players being either dismissed or allowed to leave. You know, I was beginning to worry that this was starting to feel like 2013 all over again.

1694109408919.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I’m all for hating on Vacationing Dan, but at some point, the blame for shytty performances falls on the current head coach.

He had to know that Utah would be bringing pressure knowing that the oline was inexperienced and playing together for the first time. The lack of quick game has hurt this team for 14 games now.

We don’t have a generational athlete playing qb anymore who can bail us out of offensive line issues, so you have to scheme to what you have.
I agree. He’s responsible for the product on the field. He could’ve brought in upperclassman in the portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator