Votes: 60 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Love Primanti Bros!
My wife is from the Pittsburgh area and we eat there every time we go back to visit her family. Back in June we went to the original location on The Strip and I had the 'Founders Favorite' (Joe, Dick and Stanley), capicola, turkey, roast beef and provolone. I ate the whole thing while knocking back of couple of Two Hearted Ales (from Founders). :fistbump:
Dd02bL0VQAANqB7.jpg

We headed to the airport after that and were looking to get some food for the long plane ride back to Seattle, and lo and behold, they have a Primanti Bros. in the airport too! We didn't get anymore sandwiches, but we did enjoy a couple of beers before our flight.
One of Mrs. G’s best friends from UF lives in Pittsburgh and she and her husband took us there the first time we visited. Heart attack specials to be sure, but sinfully delicious.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This may have been mentioned in here, but Zion Nelson will be the starting LT for scUM. He is a true freshman that has put on 50 pounds since arriving on campus. That is a lot for a player to adjust to. Manny Navarro, the canes writer for The Athletic said this,

By the way, I asked a few of our other college beat writers at The Athletic for instances when a true freshman has come in and started right away at left tackle at a Power 5 school.

There are a few recent examples, but all of those guys were studs coming out of high school:

— Tennessee’s Trey Smith, a five-star recruit, last year became the first freshman in over 30 years to start all 12 games at left tackle for the Volunteers. He earned himself freshman All-American honors.

— Alabama’s Cam Robinson, a former five-star recruit and the nation’s top high school left tackle, did the same in 2014. He gave up just three sacks in 861 snaps.

— Clemson’s Mitch Hyatt, another former five-star recruit, did the same in 2015 and started 57 games at left tackle for the Tigers before shockingly going undrafted this year.

The last true freshman offensive lineman to start immediately at Miami was Ereck Flowers. He started the first four games of the 2012 season at right tackle. Last season, DJ Scaife started the final seven games at right tackle as a true freshman.

So, what Nelson could accomplish here is noteworthy.

This is a huge, huge edge in our favor. Based on Dane Brugler's draft rankings for 2020, this kid will be going against nfl guys. Zuniga is being listed as a potential 1st-2nd round pick.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This may have been mentioned in here, but Zion Nelson will be the starting LT for scUM. He is a true freshman that has put on 50 pounds since arriving on campus. That is a lot for a player to adjust to. Manny Navarro, the canes writer for The Athletic said this,

By the way, I asked a few of our other college beat writers at The Athletic for instances when a true freshman has come in and started right away at left tackle at a Power 5 school.

There are a few recent examples, but all of those guys were studs coming out of high school:

— Tennessee’s Trey Smith, a five-star recruit, last year became the first freshman in over 30 years to start all 12 games at left tackle for the Volunteers. He earned himself freshman All-American honors.

— Alabama’s Cam Robinson, a former five-star recruit and the nation’s top high school left tackle, did the same in 2014. He gave up just three sacks in 861 snaps.

— Clemson’s Mitch Hyatt, another former five-star recruit, did the same in 2015 and started 57 games at left tackle for the Tigers before shockingly going undrafted this year.

The last true freshman offensive lineman to start immediately at Miami was Ereck Flowers. He started the first four games of the 2012 season at right tackle. Last season, DJ Scaife started the final seven games at right tackle as a true freshman.

So, what Nelson could accomplish here is noteworthy.

This is a huge, huge edge in our favor. Based on Dane Brugler's draft rankings for 2020, this kid will be going against nfl guys. Zuniga is being listed as a potential 1st-2nd round pick.

He had to have juiced as he was like 235 in January when he got there and is almost 290 now and its pretty solid. Not sure how he will be but he was just a Rivals 2 star due to his weight only being like 235.

I cant remember if he was LT or not but I think he was but that Bama O lineman that went high in the draft was pretty dominant as a true freshman and was handling NFL picks with no problem.

No one was after Zion except App State besides Miami but maybe he is better than people think and the weight made them not invite him to camps etc.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He had to have juiced as he was like 235 in January when he got there and is almost 290 now and its pretty solid. Not sure how he will be but he was just a Rivals 2 star due to his weight only being like 235.

I cant remember if he was LT or not but I think he was but that Bama O lineman that went high in the draft was pretty dominant as a true freshman and was handling NFL picks with no problem.

No one was after Zion except App State besides Miami but maybe he is better than people think and the weight made them not invite him to camps etc.
How does one go from 235 to 290 ( and looks sold) in 8 months w/o using PEDs? Is this possible? I’m with @maheo30, Zuniga should beat this guy like a rented mule.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Fever, I thought you were going far with the incessant references to our new OT’s not getting to the second level blocks (even though that was not a large part of our system last year - OG’s did t far more) and the childhood nightmare like discussion of Enos’s mastery of the TE and RB, but damn, worrying about 2 star, 235 lb true freshmen by comparing them to first round draft picks is a bit much.

Is your wife a CoCaine? What’s up?

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I think scUM is seriously outmatched here. The talent is all Florida kids basically on both sides. But we clearly have better and deeper talent. The place that scUM is going to get worked is their O-line. If they're starting a true freshman LT against Zuniga or Carter or Greenard, they're in even bigger trouble than I thought. It's bordering on me feeling bad for them and their fanbase. I know what it's like after the last ten years to want your team to be good so badly that you might start getting delusional about the talent. Miami has a long way to go.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

Whoa how did you make that leap? This scUM LT is comparable to Bama true freshman o lineman how? Because they were both true freshman?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whoa how did you make that leap? This scUM LT is comparable to Bama true freshman o lineman how? Because they were both true freshman?

What leap? I made no comparison and was responding to his whole post saying that O lineman Bama had drafted this year was handling NFL D linemen as a true freshman.

I have no idea how Zion will do at LT as a true freshman but I guess Miami's coaches feel he is a better option than their other deficient options. You would think he would get killed there going up against Zuniga probably on most plays on passing downs at least but you never know how someone will play until they actually play.

We will have an NFL 1st or 2nd rounder going against a true freshman Rivals 2 star that Miami had to beat out App State for - on most passing plays apparently.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
By the way, Navarro still leans towards Martell winning the job. If he is the guy, he expects to see more of a shotgun offense as Martell has not looked good when operating under center.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Has UM v UF ever been a debacle for either team? Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment if we win by 10?
I sure hope we win as big as y'all say. Have we ever faced a more exciting 1st game? - a captivated 1st TV CFB audience ? Go Gators !

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator