• Neither

Votes: 60 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
1. I didn't know they were so small at receiver. 5'9 and 5'10? Yikes!

2. That is a very young o-line with a 2 star true freshman starting at LT.

3. They are tiny at the CB opposite Blades. I'd line up Grimes against him and throw deep as much as I could.

4. While their LBs are good, they are undersized except for Shaq. We'll be able to take advantage of that.

I watched them a little. That WR Thomas will blow past people if you don't account for him. Miami's QB usually threw a bad pass or was under pressure so he didn't get many long ones last season but he did have a few nice catches against LSU.

That CB Bandy showed up on film also. He is pretty aggressive for a corner and seemed to be in on a lot of plays for them.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Isn’t Mullen one of those guys who motivates with praise? For instance, if his QB is doing well, he’ll be hyper critical. If his qb is struggling - especially mentally - he’ll drop some nice compliments to the media to pump the kid back up.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Isn’t Mullen one of those guys who motivates with praise? For instance, if his QB is doing well, he’ll be hyper critical. If his qb is struggling - especially mentally - he’ll drop some nice compliments to the media to pump the kid back up.

I haven’t listened to him enough to know his tendencies in that area. I’ll defer to the beat writer on this one. He’s at every press conference.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Jacquie Franciulli (@JacquieFran_) tweeted at 2:09 PM on Mon, Aug 19, 2019:
#Gators head coach Dan Mullen says he expects everybody to play on Saturday- apart from those that have season-ending injury: David Reese (the younger reese) and CJ McWilliams.
()

Mullens actual words were "injury wise he expects everyone to play" there will still be suspensions and smokebreaks. I'm hoping less than four for a change.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mullens actual words were "injury wise he expects everyone to play" there will still be suspensions and smokebreaks. I'm hoping less than four for a change.

Correct.

I just hope this is the last time we schedule one of these bigger opponent openers. Our players smoke weed, and have for as long as I can remember. I don't condone their flouting of the rules, but it's reality. And that's not even factoring in the possible ways an 18-21 year old can do something to earn a game suspensions over the course of the entire offseason. So why ever schedule a critical game where we know for a fact we'll have at least some suspensions? We don't need the exposure of a special kickoff game. We don't need the SOS. And if we do, there's always week 2 to schedule a game like this, allowing a cupcake to absorb the suspension. It just isn't necessary and really makes no sense.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If the previous rumors are true then Stewart and Slaton will be sitting this one out. Haven't really heard much about Slaton since that rumor so maybe its false possibly.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
If the previous rumors are true then Stewart and Slaton will be sitting this one out. Haven't really heard much about Slaton since that rumor so maybe its false possibly.

They are both listed on the depth chart as 2nd or 3rd stringers so I wouldn't think he'd have them there if they were suspended.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Correct.

I just hope this is the last time we schedule one of these bigger opponent openers. Our players smoke weed, and have for as long as I can remember. I don't condone their flouting of the rules, but it's reality. And that's not even factoring in the possible ways an 18-21 year old can do something to earn a game suspensions over the course of the entire offseason. So why ever schedule a critical game where we know for a fact we'll have at least some suspensions? We don't need the exposure of a special kickoff game. We don't need the SOS. And if we do, there's always week 2 to schedule a game like this, allowing a cupcake to absorb the suspension. It just isn't necessary and really makes no sense.
And yet, we schedule a home and home with Miami. There's no doubt it will be the first game of the season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
See I want to believe this because Mullen doesn't usually say that kind of thing

But it's still the offseason and this type of crap gets said all the time. Didn't Butters hype the o-line before the season like 2 years ago? We all know how that went

Very truly troublesome, "LatMo". The longer honored Tradition is : play a small school that direly deserves the revenue boost. Ease guys into shape. Hold out naggingly injured guys. Just settle-in first week to see what/who needs adjusting.

On the druther-hand :
1) our players get a stronger challenge to gain pride-confidence
2) coaches get better feedback on players' abilities, on positions strengths, on skill players use, etc.
3) winning says something
4) we got more publicity for UF
5) the best recruits will see UF
6) UF gets more money and can start those better facilities right away

After this season, unless UF v UM captures week-0 every year, I'd prefer we open with a cupcake.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They are both listed on the depth chart as 2nd or 3rd stringers so I wouldn't think he'd have them there if they were suspended.

Well Stewart wouldn't be a 2nd stringer if he was playing I think. The rumor was 3 games for him. Not sure if coaches play head games with those charts in regards to opening game suspensions not wanting the other team to know for sure.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
“They like to run Feleipe Franks a lot, especially in the red zone,” Hill said of UF. “I watched them a little bit in the summer time, watched the spring game - really wasn’t that impressed with the O-Line, but I respect all my opponents. I’m ready to get out there and play these boys and see what they’re about.”

And his prediction for how the game is going to go

“We’re going to see when we get out on that field, ain’t going to be much talking right now.”
----------

Not sure where this came from but this is that VT transfer getting a little arrogant.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Edgar Thompson (@osgators) tweeted at 8:12 PM on Mon, Aug 19, 2019:
#Gators legend Tim Tebow at Monday night’s practice. Plans to speak to team Saturday before the Miami game.
()

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.