Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 60 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Babies? What about all the ppl that were overconfident about UK? Or Mizzou? I’m going to be cautiously optimistic
Exactly. I heard we were going to run U.K. out of town and Mizzou was the perfect bounce back game after UGA. Also heard we were going 0-8 in the SEC (what’s up @Swamp Donkey). This place gets the whole spectrum of fans which makes it so fun.

LetsGoCanes

Aug 19, 2019
How about mid-season when Ga Tech and BC ran all over you guys? Just out of curiosity, what was the 'Canes best win last season? Must be Pitt, right? They were the only team P-5 team you all beat with a winning record. Your only other wins were over P-5 teams who finished with losing records, mid-majors & Savannah State. For all I know you guys had a great defense last year, but who can tell with a schedule like that? The decent offenses you all faced seemed to do pretty well against you.

So is it a good P-5 team or a good offense?

GT runs, well used to run, a triple-option; they ran on every defense. BC has a 240 lbs RB and as I've mentioned in here before, our defense threw their bodies around instead of wrapping up. VT, FAU, and UNC averaged more yards per game than UF and all lost.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The people wringing their hands about this game were the same babies wringing their hands about the FSU game. This team is maybe a hair better than FSU, with equally sh*tty coaching. Just relax, guys.

31-17 good guys

Some of my faves from the U.K. thread. But hey, @Captain Sasquatch says any dissenters are whiners that overreact.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Some of my faves from the U.K. thread. But hey, @Captain Sasquatch says any dissenters are whiners that overreact.
Lighten up, Francis. The best team these guys beat last year is a tie between FIU, Toledo, Virginia Tech, and Pitt. The two best teams they played (LSU & Wisconsin) beat them by a combined score of 68-20. We'll be fine.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Lighten up, Francis. The best team these guys beat last year is a tie between FIU, Toledo, Virginia Tech, and Pitt. The two best teams they played (LSU & Wisconsin) beat them by a combined score of 68-20. We'll be fine.

Think we beat them down. 41-9

34-24, late TD ices it.

Some fun Mizzou quotes. Middle of the road SEC team. Probably has less talent than Miami. Point is, never overlook a talented rival. We should win, probably by 2 TDs or more. Just wouldn’t assume it’ll be easy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Some fun Mizzou quotes. Middle of the road SEC team. Probably has less talent than Miami. Point is, never overlook a talented rival. We should win, probably by 2 TDs or more. Just wouldn’t assume it’ll be easy.
Missouri and Kentucky both would have torched Miami last year. Lighten up, Francis.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
If Joseph had simply known his assignment on that play it's a 7 yard gain at most. It wasn't some all world play by uga or some screwup by Grantham. If was our jeckyl and hyde LB.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So is it a good P-5 team or a good offense?
Well, outside of LSU, you didn't play a "good" P-5 team, so a good offense I suppose.

GT runs, well used to run, a triple-option; they ran on every defense. BC has a 240 lbs RB and as I've mentioned in here before, our defense threw their bodies around instead of wrapping up. VT, FAU, and UNC averaged more yards per game than UF and all lost.
GT did not run well on good defenses. In several of their losses they racked up rushing yards late after the games were out of hand, since they couldn't throw for crap and defenses were trading space for time or 2nd and 3rd stringers were in the game. Though they did run all over inferior teams. As for BC, I had no idea that all one needed to rush for a lot of yards was have a 240 lb RB. I guess Clemson, Syracuse, and defensive powerhouse Purdue did not get that memo since all three of them held him under 60 yards. Hell, even FSU did a decent job on him. He may have run for 116 yards on them, but it took him 37 carries to do it. Almost 60% of his yards came in four games: you guys and the other great defenses of Temple, Wake Forest, and Holy Cross, where he ran for 149, 161, 185, & 149 respectively.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Missouri and Kentucky both would have torched Miami last year. Lighten up, Francis.
Torched? The same Kentucky team that lost to Tennessee and squeaked by Vandy and MTSU? The same Mizzou that lost to Kentucky, South Carolina, and Oklahoma State? You’re probably right that Miami loses but your exaggerations are strong today.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

Try vitamin D. I hear it is good for thin skin.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Buckman home is a house divided. Wife is all about the ewe. I tell her she’s had plenty of Gator in her (for some reason she doesn’t find my sophomoric humor funny). I’ll be sleeping on the couch regardless. Oh well, at least the couch is comfy
This is awsome!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Torched? The same Kentucky team that lost to Tennessee and squeaked by Vandy and MTSU? The same Mizzou that lost to Kentucky, South Carolina, and Oklahoma State? You’re probably right that Miami loses but your exaggerations are strong today.
The same Kentucky that beat us and Penn State, the same Missouri that killed us at home. Yes, Miami would have gotten waxed against both of them last year. They wouldn't have broken 10 points on Kentucky in particular.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
@ltraz - I might not have been clear that first post, I apologize for that. but you gotta be kidding me that we were just as good with RJ or KJ on the field in his place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.