***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Michigan***

What will the outcome be against Michigan?

• Win by less than 10

Votes: 76 42.5%
  • Win by 10+

Votes: 56 31.3%
  • Lose by less than 10

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Lose by 10+

Votes: 19 10.6%

• Total voters

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
After re watching the game, I have to say I am warming to Grantham. I know he stinks like a dawg still but come on, he had our D playing pretty damn good. We need more horses for sure and our secondary is not the best but with the right combo I think we do well. Im no x's and o's guy but I appreciate the aggressive style after living thru Sidehat and Randy.

leogator

May 5, 2018
After re watching the game, I have to say I am warming to Grantham. I know he stinks like a dawg still but come on, he had our D playing pretty damn good. We need more horses for sure and our secondary is not the best but with the right combo I think we do well. Im no x's and o's guy but I appreciate the aggressive style after living thru Sidehat and Randy.
Our defense during the season was only ranked 27. We need to be in the top 10. Of course the #1 rated defense that we shredded, was Michigan's. Marco Wilson's loss really hurt us. Help is on the way. We do need a pass rushing push out of the middle of our defense to help our back field. Another year of Savage's tender loving care ought to help with strength and toughness.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I am hoping that when Mullen gets his horses the offense will shine and Grantham's defense will be good enough. At least until we land the coordinator we want.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see that as a scheme problem as much as a talent problem. Simply put we are trash at safety (can't tackle or cover) and the LBs can't cover. There isn't a scheme I can think of to fix that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am hoping that when Mullen gets his horses the offense will shine and Grantham's defense will be good enough. At least until we land the coordinator we want.
I'm not going to lie, I like the gambling style. I just don't like the dwag smell.

If the offense continues to progress, it will be a nice mesh. Forcing other offenses to gamble, pulling them out of power running games, and giving us opportunities for sacks or ints.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Our LB core this year was very suspect. I love David Reese but he cannot cover at all. Great against the run though. Joseph is so fast he overreacts and gets out of position. It's why I wanted us to run a 3-4 or a 4-3 and not a 4-2-5. I also want us to run Burney at true strong safety/LB hybrid. I think our defense will be better than this year. My only worry for next year is OL although I am sure that Hevesy will coach them up.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'm not going to lie, I like the gambling style. I just don't like the dwag smell.

i live in the ATL area and know a lot of UGA fans. They absolutely hate Grantham. So, operating under the theory of my enemy's enemies are my friends, I am starting to warm up to the guy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.