Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who can forget this gem!!!!! Would love to see it for a TD. How bout we put him in on short yardage and get him the TD!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Who can forget this gem!!!!! Would love to see it for a TD. How bout we put him in on short yardage and get him the TD!

That might spark the team! Save it for UGly. We definitely need to get Dez more involved on offense.

This video has me :lmao: every damn time.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
To summarize what I’ve heard on previews, SC is weak and thin up front on both sides of the ball. It sounds like they lost key players to the portal that really gutted their depth and no mention of replacements. They can’t run and can’t stop the run. Rattler can make all the throws, but he’s often under a lot of pressure.

I expect the off week gave them time to game plan some gadgets and strategies around those issues, including ST, but it’s rough depending on that stuff.

If we show up and play well, big if, it would take a stellar performance by Rattler to beat us. If we get shell-shocked by the crowd, we’ll struggle. But we should be able to run and Mertz can play his short game enough to win on the road.

Rattler’s numbers likely reflect on their being behind so much and unable to run - like Mertz v. Utah. He’s good and can play great. But we’ll contain him.

I look/hope for 31-20 Gator win

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
To summarize what I’ve heard on previews, SC is weak and thin up front on both sides of the ball. It sounds like they lost key players to the portal that really gutted their depth and no mention of replacements. They can’t run and can’t stop the run. Rattler can make all the throws, but he’s often under a lot of pressure.

I expect the off week gave them time to game plan some gadgets and strategies around those issues, including ST, but it’s rough depending on that stuff.

If we show up and play well, big if, it would take a stellar performance by Rattler to beat us. If we get shell-shocked by the crowd, we’ll struggle. But we should be able to run and Mertz can play his short game enough to win on the road.

Rattler’s numbers likely reflect on their being behind so much and unable to run - like Mertz v. Utah. He’s good and can play great. But we’ll contain him.

We have looked weak and thin up front at times too so who knows what happens. We also look weak on the road.

Front four has to get pressure and secondary needs to keep everything in front of them. Rattler is very good at punishing blitzes with long TDs but when teams sit back and get pressure with four, he chucks INTs.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I would suspect and thinking Sandlot will try go with 4-5 man rush similar to the TOOTHLESS game. Many are saying that we should be able to get enough of a rush without bringing the kitchen sink. That will allow us to sit back and make Rattler throw. Hopefully he will throw some picks. I caught David Waters on Gators Breakdown yesterday and he had the local Columbia sports radio guy on. If UF does not get shell shocked, they should be able to run the ball and most of all stop their run game.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

The issue is that our road problems are not just possibly showing up too late, or other scheduling issues. It is symptomatic of the plan to win. We want conservative, grind it out drives. And we will likely get a couple and perhaps a short field on a turnover. But, on the road, false starts, holding, or crowd noise impacting a 3rd and 5 running play followed by a 4th and 2, or allowing a DE to get off the line a bit quicker for a sack, are more likely. That is why our non-home losses are not a coincidence. The style to win requires the impossible - perfection each drive. How many times can we be told how a 5 yard penalty kills an entire drive?

I predicted a win for us, but it is this pattern that has me hoping it more than having confidence in that pick.

Oh well.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The issue is that our road problems are not just possibly showing up too late, or other scheduling issues. It is symptomatic of the plan to win. We want conservative, grind it out drives. And we will likely get a couple and perhaps a short field on a turnover. But, on the road, false starts, holding, or crowd noise impacting a 3rd and 5 running play followed by a 4th and 2, or allowing a DE to get off the line a bit quicker for a sack, are more likely. That is why our non-home losses are not a coincidence. The style to win requires the impossible - perfection each drive. How many times can we be told how a 5 yard penalty kills an entire drive?

I predicted a win for us, but it is this pattern that has me hoping it more than having confidence in that pick.

Oh well.
Good point. Definitely need to hit some deeper passes to get upfield and loosen the defense. Could also get some big chunk running plays.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s just become a habit with Homer to post a name in the form of a question. I think this makes the 14th time he’s done it. Maybe superstition. Could be hard drugs. Too soon to tell.
No Jean in the depth chart.

The ??? Was questioning where was he.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ETN will be key for this game. SC is #73 against the run. What is significant is that we rushed better against Tennessee #35 and we all know how that went. I truly believe that SC will try to sell out to stop the run for what they can BUT, with the putrid pass defense have, they will be feast or famine. This is where the intermediate routes with EW3, RP, and Boardingham will be crucial due to our ability to hit the long routes. Maybe we have a bit of success on that tomorrow. Also, RB in the flat/short routes will be key as well. I said in another post, if there was ever a time that UF breaks out and hits some longer routes, Saturday is the opportunity to do it. Now it's just time to see it on the field.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I would suspect and thinking Sandlot will try go with 4-5 man rush similar to the TOOTHLESS game. Many are saying that we should be able to get enough of a rush without bringing the kitchen sink. That will allow us to sit back and make Rattler throw. Hopefully he will throw some picks. I caught David Waters on Gators Breakdown yesterday and he had the local Columbia sports radio guy on. If UF does not get shell shocked, they should be able to run the ball and most of all stop their run game.
OK, who is Sandlot?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK, who is Sandlot?
the sandlot killing me smalls GIF

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Sjsu Theres A Chance GIF by San Jose State Spartans

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator