***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

How many yards will Trask pass for against UT?

• 199 or less

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • 200 to 250

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • 251 to 299

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • 300 to 399

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • 400+

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Not sure where else to pose this question, but was Rocky Top played even once during the game?

It was early then once in the 4th quarter just because it was like a set time, and again after the game. They brought a pep band that wasn’t very loud. Nice to shut them up.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
And Copeland...

There were at least 3(?) plays specifically for him. He got wide open deep and dropped the pass, got snuffed by good play by the DB on a bubble screen and the other was equally forgettable. Glad he’s getting opportunities but hope he starts making those plays soon.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This could be our situation :
We are watching the "baby-steps" of the Trask-led Gators. Bigger, better strides coming.
How lucky we are that with Trask we don't have to have a good running game to score. We need the run-game to become a balanced-attack offense, to become a contender program. Right now, it seems Trask's specific abilities will give our OL and RBs time to gel, while Trask keeps us in the game. (How more potent would our offense be, if Trask had Toney to also throw to? Toney to run some sweeps?) Copeland needs a little self-fixin', then he will be a weapon.

Just for well rounded QB skills, I'd like Trask to succeed with "gotcha" planned runs (with slides).
There's a "whole new team" ready for DM to develop, so Dan had better develop a whole new himself and not hold these guys back.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Everything about Trask looked good. Even his interceptions were better. Yes, he threw into double coverage but they were both on the money. That is a huge improvement over his previous interceptions.

Can we stop with the whole put Pierce in over Perine stuff now? Don't even quote that moron announce who was pretty much wrong about everything, as usual, during the game. And don't take that as me bagging on Pierce ... because I love him and think he is a baller. Our OL can't run block crap. Pierce and our running game only improved once UT was dehydrated and late in the 2nd half. Earlier in the game when everyone was still fresh ... Perine and Pierce looked exactly the same ... wrapped up at the LOS.

EJ aint the future.

If I never see a zone read run play again I will have still seen too many. Tired of them.

Pitts is what this O has really been missing. He is a mismatch and that fact was talked about all summer yet Franks never got it to him. It opens up so much when you have a guy like that going over the middle. Im starting to really think Franks just couldn't get the ball to the playmakers. Really makes me scratch my head on what CDM was doing for the past year.

One more week of fun ... then it gets real. Auburn looks really good at times.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
@ netang I think youre on point. I think FF started bc cdm may not have wanted to mess with locker room chemistry. Trask probably didnt distance himself in practice

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Everything about Trask looked good. Even his interceptions were better. Yes, he threw into double coverage but they were both on the money. That is a huge improvement over his previous interceptions.

Pitts is what this O has really been missing. He is a mismatch and that fact was talked about all summer yet Franks never got it to him. It opens up so much when you have a guy like that going over the middle. Im starting to really think Franks just couldn't get the ball to the playmakers. Really makes me scratch my head on what CDM was doing.

Franks was playing for the same reason he got drafted in baseball, and if he pursues it, will be sought after by NFL teams. The potential is there and there are only so many people with the combination of size, arm strength and athleticism. Any OC that sees him will think that they can maximize this strengths and get him to reach his potential. I also think Mullen loved his leadership and the way other players were drawn to him. Trask’s ceiling may be lower. But he still can do great things for this team, and is no less a leader. And yes, even the picks weren’t great decisions but also weren’t boneheaded plays. He was going for the kill, which I like.

Not sure I agree fully on Perine v Pierce. I think DP runs with more authority. It helps that ut was gassed but I generally have not liked the timid nature of LP this season. The OL is part of that, no question.

On Pitts, I was saying at the game(and this has likely been mentioned by someone here) between his play and the 84 jersey, it’s like I’m watching Ben Troupe all over again. Love it.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
At least there were many good things other than just winning in this game. Plenty of mistakes to eliminate and things to improve upon. UT is not a very good team and apparently KY is not as great as some were saying as well. Auburn and LSU will be the real tests, and after ND gave the dogs a run perhaps they are not that great as well. Only time will tell.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In Pruitt’s post game presser when asked about the backup QB he said and I quote “Brain come in and done some good things.”
This guy is a keeper.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Can we stop with the whole put Pierce in over Perine stuff now? Don't even quote that moron announce who was pretty much wrong about everything, as usual, during the game. And don't take that as me bagging on Pierce ... because I love him and think he is a baller. Our OL can't run block crap. Pierce and our running game only improved once UT was dehydrated and late in the 2nd half. Earlier in the game when everyone was still fresh ... Perine and Pierce looked exactly the same ... wrapped up at the LOS.

EJ aint the future.

If I never see a zone read run play again I will have still seen too many. Tired of them.

Pitts is what this O has really been missing. He is a mismatch and that fact was talked about all summer yet Franks never got it to him. It opens up so much when you have a guy like that going over the middle. Im starting to really think Franks just couldn't get the ball to the playmakers. Really makes me scratch my head on what CDM was doing for the past year.

One more week of fun ... then it gets real. Auburn looks really good at times.
IMO it ain't that the o-line can't run block for crap as you say, its that they are running blocking scheme that doesn't fit our players. I think a power blocking scheme with more of a power back (Pierce) will work better for us, at least with Trask taking the snaps.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
In Pruitt’s post game presser when asked about the backup QB he said and I quote “Brain come in and done some good things.”
This guy is a keeper.

My favorite from last year was his “we wasn’t ready” comment. Guy sounds like someone you’d see having a conversation outside a gas station, next to his rusted out truck, sipping a Big Gulp.

I understand he was actually a teacher in Alabama before getting into coaching. I think we’ve identified the problem Alabamans.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Side note from yesterday that may have already been mentioned. We honored the ‘94 team, who happened to beat the vols by 31 that year. Very fitting.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
My favorite from last year was his “we wasn’t ready” comment. Guy sounds like someone you’d see having a conversation outside a gas station, next to his rusted out truck, sipping a Big Gulp.

I understand he was actually a teacher in Alabama before getting into coaching. I think we’ve identified the problem Alabamans.
Actually he and his Dad were pretty famous in Rainesville, Al (NE) and was a really good high school coach. I don't know where he is worst, at the podium addressing the public or the product on the field.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
IMO it ain't that the o-line can't run block for crap as you say, its that they are running blocking scheme that doesn't fit our players. I think a power blocking scheme with more of a power back (Pierce) will work better for us, at least with Trask taking the snaps.
I did like the inclusion of more undercenter/power I concepts. I think we see more of that, especially with DP. I could be wrong but prior to the 4th quarter, we were more successful with that then the RPO runs - especially with Perine. One thing’s for sure - CDM is searching for the answer in the run game. The playbook is about as open as I can remember. Maybe he’ll find it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was at the game & neglected to record it (will get the replay tonight at 8.)

Was the improved running late due entirely to Ut fading/losing heart (it wasn’t that hot) or was there a significant change when Forsyth went to RT vs. LT or other personnel shifts?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Yes. The main problem is that Alabama is almost entirely in Alabama. State motto: “Thank God for Mississippi.”

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I was at the game & neglected to record it (will get the replay tonight at 8.)

Was the improved running late due entirely to Ut fading/losing heart (it wasn’t that hot) or was there a significant change when Forsyth went to RT vs. LT or other personnel shifts?
Good question. Maybe a combo of both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator