Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Texas A&M***

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some day we'll know how much dialing back the playbook for AR impacted the selection.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If AtM had all their players, I don't think we win.

But, I love beating jumbo.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Remember people, this was a bad, flu bitten TAMU team.

Though I'm pleased and see progress, this will be a long journey with an impatient Gator Nation.

We need 1 more for a bowl.

But it's clear Napier's players are clearly better than Eddie's

And aren't you glad Jimbo ain't our coach.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna enjoy this win. Maybe Billy is seeing something changing with these guys. Defense played much better and Cox was not involved, hmmmmmmm. But they have a loooooooooong way to go for improvement. But it was a step. Offensively, AR has to run more. Plain and simple.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Remember people, this was a bad, flu bitten TAMU team.

Though I'm pleased and see progress, this will be a long journey with an impatient Gator Nation.

We need 1 more for a bowl.

But it's clear Napier's players are clearly better than Eddie's

And aren't you glad Jimbo ain't our coach.
Don’t be such a buzz kill. So they were missing some players. All part of the game. It was a quality in conference road win. Focus on the positive only.

It’s ok to review the game with orange and blue glasses in the immediate aftermath of a win.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I don’t care how depleted their squad was, that never mattered in the past and we would lose. I don’t care if they have the worst offense in the SEC, that never mattered in the past and we would lose.

It’s a step in the right direction and a win to boot.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Pretty good game to watch. D when dialing up pressure thru blitzs was effective and it even appeared the DB's were playing much tighter in second half. Hope they keep it up next week. Offense in first half with AR actually keeping the ball on the option instead of handing it off every time resulted in 14 points. Yet, never did it in second half. Bizzare. Nice punt return helped too! Second best win of the year.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
It will be interesting to watch GNFP and see what, if anything, changed in the second half that accounted for the second half shutout.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
It will be interesting to watch GNFP and see what, if anything, changed in the second half that accounted for the second half shutout.
I’m betting bringing more than 4 to pressure the QB is the main thing. Didn’t really notice but did we play more man in the second half? If we did we need to keep doing it

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Don’t be such a buzz kill. So they were missing some players. All part of the game. It was a quality in conference road win. Focus on the positive only.

It’s ok to review the game with orange and blue glasses in the immediate aftermath of a win.

Y'all acuse me of O&B glasses.

I'm a realist. This was a BAD TAMU but again it was not USF.

I like these young guys. And the playback looked expand but I saw some questionable calls and alignments.

That said, I'm feeling better. All I'm wanting is a bowl...A win over Clown College would be lagniappe

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I don’t care how depleted their squad was, that never mattered in the past and we would lose. I don’t care if they have the worst offense in the SEC, that never mattered in the past and we would lose.

It’s a step in the right direction and a win to boot.

SpongeBob bringing the knowledge.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I’m betting bringing more than 4 to pressure the QB is the main thing. Didn’t really notice but did we play more man in the second half? If we did we need to keep doing it
It was certainly the pressure that changed the course of the game, plus it did look like more man coverage in the secondary which was also effective. I hope we dial it up the entire game against USCe. Their QB is better than the one we faced today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator