Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Texas A&M***

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice road win!

I celebrate for a few days but............

I'm not sold on a change of fortune based on one game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Don’t be such a buzz kill. So they were missing some players. All part of the game. It was a quality in conference road win. Focus on the positive only.

It’s ok to review the game with orange and blue glasses in the immediate aftermath of a win.
It is okay to focus on the mistakes and poor game managment, but I agree with you totally about the players on the opposite side. You play against those that are in uniform. That is not within your control.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The biggest thing I hope both Napier and AR learn from today is that teams will respect his passing ability whenA) he’s accurate, and B) he’s a threat to run the ball. That long run changed everything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I always eat my crow on here when I’m wrong so no need to be shocked. Of course I’m sure you didn’t have anything negative to say about the team during the entire game.
I had plenty of negative to say about the defense in the first half. If you had told me they would shut out the opposition (ANY opposition) in the second half I would have laughed in your face.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Fortunately, I will be working a fundraiser for needy kids all day. I say fortunately because I have tried everything from what I drink to how I dress to change the outcome of our games. The only thing I haven't tried is not watching the game!!!! So here goes.

I guess I'm relegated to not watching our games!

Last edited:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember people, this was a bad, flu bitten TAMU team.

Though I'm pleased and see progress, this will be a long journey with an impatient Gator Nation.

We need 1 more for a bowl.

But it's clear Napier's players are clearly better than Eddie's

And aren't you glad Jimbo ain't our coach.
You know damn well if the roles were reversed we would ridicule any poster that used the flu as an excuse. We won an SEC game on the road against a talented team (including a shut out in the second half). Enjoy the win.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Yeah, let's drop the flu/injury schit. We have injuries and the "Gainesville Plague" swept our campus this week (daughter had it) but our players were fine. I remember when we used to always use flu and injury excuses, it was pathetic.

Update: FFS... Michigan State suspended 8 players for today and beat 7-1 Bert.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like in the 2nd half we saw a lot of player we haven't seen before on defense. I like to hope that Napier had seen enough and put in younger players without playing time. It seemed to work and the defense looked more like a working unit than before. Flashes of good stuff but by no means am I saying one half of football portends a complete change in our fortunes for the rest of the year. BTW, AR had his best game so far. He looked confident and sure of himself. Nice to see Jimbo F*** get bent over.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope AR knows it was him running all over the place that opened up everything else. If he stays aggressive with his feet, we are going to win out.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, let's drop the flu/injury schit. We have injuries and the "Gainesville Plague" swept our campus this week (daughter had it)
So, it was an elite flu?
:dunno:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope AR knows it was him running all over the place that opened up everything else. If he stays aggressive with his feet, we are going to win out.
Ive been really frustrated with the anti-AR crowd. He reads the field so much better than anyone gives him credit for and is not some Felipe 2.0. If he’s running more regularly then it makes his reads infinitely easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator