Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Daniels numbers may be bad but it doesn't matter how elite that defense is, a good QB with a talented team around him will beat them 9 out of 10 times. 10 out of 10 times if they turn the ball over like they did against us. Hurts/Tua did it in 2017 & 2018, Joe Burrow made them look like fools in 2019, and Trask did it to them last year. Bryce Young can definitely beat them but I'm not sure about OSU.

You can play great defense for 60 minutes but if you have 4 or 5 slip ups that is all it takes to get beat. Only way they beat Bama is if Bama beats themselves or if Frodo has the game of his life like Greg McEl**** did against us in 09.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I don’t doubt it.

But as bad as it was, is that UGA team capable of winning a NC? I don’t think so. The QB situation isn’t good. Bennett isn’t good enough to stretch a defense. We haven’t picked off really anyone like we did him snd Daniels’ numbers are worse. If Daniels has more upside then Kirby is making the same mistake he did with Fromm & Fields.

Bama or tOSU look more balanced to me.

I’d like to see AR play 80%+ of snaps the rest of the way so he can make more mistakes & hopefully learn from them in preparation for next year.

Will UGA win it all? I don;t know. Are they good enough to win it all? Yes. When you have a defense like that you don;t need an all world QB. When your defense provides short fields and does not allow a lot of points you don;t need a star QB. Everyone focuses on the QB. Yes Bennett tossed us 2 INT's in the game. I am hesitant to say they were great defensive plays or picks. We certainly did not undercut a wide open receiver etc. Our guys were where they should have been and they were piss poor decisions. Bama won a lot of games with Jacob Coker and Blake Sims. You don;t always need the greatest QB in the world. Georgia is plenty balanced. 50-50 does not mean balance. They run the ball plenty well enough to make enough plays in the passing game to make a dent. Their defense is more than enough to win them big games. When you allow less than 20 a game in this day of football, you could win with me at QB.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Daniels numbers may be bad but it doesn't matter how elite that defense is, a good QB with a talented team around him will beat them 9 out of 10 times. 10 out of 10 times if they turn the ball over like they did against us. Hurts/Tua did it in 2017 & 2018, Joe Burrow made them look like fools in 2019, and Trask did it to them last year. Bryce Young can definitely beat them but I'm not sure about OSU.

You can play great defense for 60 minutes but if you have 4 or 5 slip ups that is all it takes to get beat. Only way they beat Bama is if Bama beats themselves or if Frodo has the game of his life like Greg McEl**** did against us in 09.

Not disagreeing, but they don;t make enough mistakes for someone to drop 30+ on them. They are almost never out of position on all 3 levels. How many balls are they in the throwing lanes on? Quite a few. They are well schooled.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mullens post game presser.

For the love of Gawd Cousin Eddie, you have 13 other coaches in the league begging you to continue hanging onto said Rope. What does that tell you? Well 12 coaches. The guy at LSU found some horse sense and knew to let go of the Rope when the gettin was good.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
You make excellent points and I don't disagree with any of them. But, they will run into a team with equal talent to them in the playoffs or in the SEC championship game if Bama doesn't stumble. Other than the wheel routes, a lot of the times they had or WR blanketed but Trask put it in the only place our guys could catch it. Also, see them vs Bama last year. Frodo was qb and their defense was pretty good last year. Frodo couldn't put points on the board and kept sending the defense back out there and eventually they caved. Might just be me but the days of winning a championship like saban with great defense and subpar offense are LONG GONE.

The ints you mentioned was an early Christmas present from Frodo. Don't give them too much credit.

Guess he never let go of the rope for the bowl game last year either?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

I'm just don't want to see Bama lose to Barn now, because Barn won't have any chance to beat Ugay in the Championship Game, and you can bet that's exactly what Ugay wants to see.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'm just don't want to see Bama lose to Barn now, because Barn won't have any chance to beat Ugay in the Championship Game, and you can bet that's exactly what Ugay wants to see.

Interesting that the Barn fired Goose with seemingly no one person in mind. Seems like half there team left via the portal, with some landing with us. BTW are those Barn transfers making a dent? Asking for a friend? 8 games later Harsin seems to have the Barn improving a little bit each week with none of 'his" guys. Winning or losing they seem to be improving, that is called being a head coach.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
UGA won't win it all because Beetle Bailey has a man crush on Bennett.

I wouldn't be shocked if they lost at UT in a shootout in a few weeks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
UGA won't win it all because Beetle Bailey has a man crush on Bennett.

I wouldn't be shocked if they lost at UT in a shootout in a few weeks.
Settle down.

Tinerc will beat Kinfuchsy but will destroyed by Ugly.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Will UGA win it all? I don;t know. Are they good enough to win it all? Yes. When you have a defense like that you don;t need an all world QB. When your defense provides short fields and does not allow a lot of points you don;t need a star QB. Everyone focuses on the QB. Yes Bennett tossed us 2 INT's in the game. I am hesitant to say they were great defensive plays or picks. We certainly did not undercut a wide open receiver etc. Our guys were where they should have been and they were piss poor decisions. Bama won a lot of games with Jacob Coker and Blake Sims. You don;t always need the greatest QB in the world. Georgia is plenty balanced. 50-50 does not mean balance. They run the ball plenty well enough to make enough plays in the passing game to make a dent. Their defense is more than enough to win them big games. When you allow less than 20 a game in this day of football, you could win with me at QB.
I don't think the UGA offense is talented enough to win it all. Both Ohio State and Oklahoma have more talented defenses than ours. They both have elite WR also. Their downfall will be having freshman QBs against that UGA D. Those are the two teams I could see giving jawja fits.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Fchhhh gorgia...........
the dwag love in here is pathetic. I like the way Homer thinks...........

Maybe you should run down to Gainesville and remind Mullen of that. He's the mother fucher they had quotes of after the game Saturday telling Kirby he was pulling for them to win it all this year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe you should run down to Gainesville and remind Mullen of that. He's the mother fucher they had quotes of after the game Saturday telling Kirby he was pulling for them to win it all this year.
coach approves of this b/c he loves to suck off mullen. mullen can do no wrong.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fchhhh gorgia...........
the dwag love in here is pathetic. I like the way Homer thinks...........

It's not about love at all. I hate uga with every fiber of my being. But that doesn't mean you can just ignore the beast that's in the room, especially when it's one we've helped create. No different than the late 80s or 2004. We were willing to make the hard choices then to correct matters. The question remains whether we're willing to do so again. But anyone not on board with making wholesale changes and just praising things because they may be modestly better than when they were 12, is actually just fueling the uga fire. Those are the people that should be viewed as pathetic.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is just BEGGING to get fired.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
coach approves of this b/c he loves to suck off mullen. mullen can do no wrong.
I got my dream job in 1979. Walked into my new Boss's office and the back wall had dawgshtttt on it. He was a uga grad. Ex marine. I thought "this is gonna be tough" Turned out he was a real decent guy. He would only smile when dooley used up some more luck to beat UF each October. An older black lady (who's husband gave me my first teaching job) said "steve, the sun dont shine on one dog's behind all the time." This was about mid 80s and we were still georgas bchhh. Well in terms of Sunshine I had never seen it since I began watching my team. This is where im going with this. The pendulum swung HARD to us for a long time. I relished those three national titles and all the great players and plays we had. Now it looks like uga is strutting FINALLY to a title. Well maybe but FCKKK THEM and Kirby. He has loads of talent and the best he could do was watch that Hawaiian boy drop a dime on his ass to steal his trophy. THat is my highlight since Urban moved on. I dont get the fellatio fantasy projections about Mullen for you. Just because I dont join the CJ each day with some new way to say mullen is the worst coach on earth doesnt mean Im happy about the this year. It sucks. But Ill be fckkddd if Im gonna wallow in the misery so many in here seem to relish. If you play for the gators Im your fan.If you are the coach Im pulling for you to win until you are not the coach. Spin it anway you want. Btw fckkkk Gorggiiaa and the kirby admiration society we got rolling now..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.