Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Wish we were playing this week instead of the week after. I like the momentum we have after the SC game.

The week off bothers me because we seem to come out a little flat after success.
We definitely cannot come out flat against Ga.

I do expect Ga to be sky high and ready to play fast and physical.
I expected the same thing at SC. We matched them, and were ready to go.
That first drive was amazing.

Looking for the same thing in Jacksonville.
Start fast, get the juices flowing, get into the intensity and physicality. Bust them in the mouth early and often.

Looking forward to it already.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are 20 point underdogs. I’ve picked us to win every game thus far.

Not this one though. We’re just too inconsistent. OL is too inconsistent and our defense is too inconsistent.

But it will be a good measuring stick of where we are as a program.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Not this one though. We’re just too inconsistent. OL is too inconsistent and our defense is too inconsistent.

Sounds like someone needs a stint in my mind camp.

Crappy Auburn had this UGA team beaten down every which way, and blew it at the end because Bowers took over (I know because I was forced to watch the entire game). They ain't gonna have Bowers (and if they do, he'll be hobbling), and are a rudderless ship throwing the ball without him.

Easy win.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I’m with ya. Don’t think we can last 4 quarters with them, but it’s why we play the games.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wish we were playing this week instead of the week after. I like the momentum we have after the SC game.

The week off bothers me because we seem to come out a little flat after success.
I get that we don't always bring the energy on the road, but we are playing the #1 team in the country at a neutral site and there will be plenty of Gator fans there to help give them some fire.

We aren't coming out flat.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I get that we don't always bring the energy on the road, but we are playing the #1 team in the country at a neutral site and there will be plenty of Gator fans there to help give them some fire.

We aren't coming out flat.
Damn have you come a long way! :headbang:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Saw this stat line on the 247 board.

Drake Maye went for 269 vs USCe(2TDs, 2 Ints)
Carson Beck went for 269 vs USCe(0TDs)
Will Rogers went for 489 vs USCe(1TD, 1 Int)

Florida and Graham Mertz went for 423 and 3 TDs and 0 Ints.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Sounds like someone needs a stint in my mind camp.

Crappy Auburn had this UGA team beaten down every which way, and blew it at the end because Bowers took over (I know because I was forced to watch the entire game). They ain't gonna have Bowers (and if they do, he'll be hobbling), and are a rudderless ship throwing the ball without him.

Easy win.

3o1yto.jpg

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

John Cena Omg GIF

Edit: Just to be clear, this isn’t me celebrating the injury, just commenting on the impact it could have on the game. Don’t like that this will give them an excuse when we win

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

I do expect Ga to be sky high and ready to play fast and physical.
I expected the same thing at SC. We matched them, and were ready to go.
That first drive was amazing.

Looking for the same thing in Jacksonville.
Start fast, get the juices flowing, get into the intensity and physicality. Bust them in the mouth early and often.

Looking forward to it already.
Help me with the logic here... is that because you would just leave the 4 new holes you punched in the wall during the first 51 minutes of the SC game unrepaired until after next Saturday when you'd have 11 new holes instead of having to leave the 4 new holes as reminders for almost 2 weeks as to why you don't quit on a team until it's over? :scratchhead: Help a brother out here! :dunno: :lol:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Help me with the logic here... is that because you would just leave the 4 new holes you punched in the wall during the first 51 minutes of the SC game unrepaired until after next Saturday when you'd have 11 new holes instead of having to leave the 4 new holes as reminders for almost 2 weeks as to why you don't quit on a team until it's over? :scratchhead: Help a brother out here! :dunno: :lol:
The hole punches don't begin until after a loss to a lesser team. Besides, My expectations have gotten so low the last few years, I'm mostly apathetic.
Well, I was apathetic, until we started rolling on SC. :lol2: :lol2:

Let's say we can easily label the next "Hole punch" game on the schedule. Which is Arkansas., then Mizzou and of course, fsu.
I don't expect to beat ga or lsu this year.
So not hole punch games.

:lol2::lol2:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Well, On the one hand, that's good for the Gators.
On the other hand, They will utilize McCorkle more and plug in another guy we haven't seen film on.

Still, Bowers is a game changer, Probably worth 10 point s a game for them.
Thats a huge loss for ga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.