Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not triggered we won. I’m pointing out I was right and this wouldn’t be a cakewalk as everyone else said it would be.
How were you right? If you had said UF would win in a close one you would have been right. Only you could say you picked a team to win a game, they lost, and yet you were right. :crazy:

Good Lord, at least I picked the winner. All your actions, even during the game in the chat box, point to you seeming to be pleased they were leading or the score was close. Wouldn't you have preferred a blowout?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Pretty good performance by the Gator fans yesterday, but when it comes to crowd noise we're not quite back to what we once were yet.

In that clip above, do you hear how the noise level went up a bunch more decibels when Burney got that pick? I didn't like that. In a situation like that everybody should've BEEN yelling that loud already.

Tell me you weren't at the South Carolina game in '06 without telling me you weren't at the South Carolina game in '06...

It's a different decibel level to scream for noise than to scream for joy. Ask your mom to explain the difference. :grin:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
@UteManX
Look man, I'm sure you were trolling--but you damn well know the Swamp was a great experience and easily louder than any stadium you guys play in.

As mentioned before, I was hosting 2 Ute grads this weekend and both of them were astounded by the noise level and said the Swamp was one of a kind. Better than Autzen or Huskie Stadium (the two they compared it to as far as Pac 12 atmospheres go).

I'll give the Utes credit: they were disciplined for the most part (though the refs gave you several breaks in terms of holding and at least one free time-out, plus a catch that shouldn't have counted); but you guys had less false-starts than Bama did last year or Auburn or LSU the last few years. That's a testament to your preparation; at least give us the crowd atmosphere, which we all know is unique.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Tell me you weren't at the South Carolina game in '06 without telling me you weren't at the South Carolina game in '06...

It's a different decibel level to scream for noise than to scream for joy. Ask your mom to explain the difference. :grin:
With the game on the line like that, and the other team right down by the end zone with the ball, everyone in the stadium should be trying to be as loud as they possibly can. There should be no room left for turning up the volume.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How were you right? If you had said UF would win in a close one you would have been right. Only you could say you picked a team to win a game, they lost, and yet you were right. :crazy:

Good Lord, at least I picked the winner. All your actions, even during the game in the chat box, point to you seeming to be pleased they were leading or the score was close. Wouldn't you have preferred a blowout?
I’m not going to argue that you emphatically had Florida blowing out Utah when I said it would an incredibly close game if not a loss. You know it and I know it.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
@UteManX
Look man, I'm sure you were trolling--but you damn well know the Swamp was a great experience and easily louder than any stadium you guys play in.

As mentioned before, I was hosting 2 Ute grads this weekend and both of them were astounded by the noise level and said the Swamp was one of a kind. Better than Autzen or Huskie Stadium (the two they compared it to as far as Pac 12 atmospheres go).

I'll give the Utes credit: they were disciplined for the most part (though the refs gave you several breaks in terms of holding and at least one free time-out, plus a catch that shouldn't have counted); but you guys had less false-starts than Bama did last year or Auburn or LSU the last few years. That's a testament to your preparation; at least give us the crowd atmosphere, which we all know is unique.
Yeah man it was fun. The breweries here are damn fun too. Go UTES

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
With the game on the line like that, and the other team right down by the end zone with the ball, everyone in the stadium should be trying to be as loud as they possibly can. There should be no room left for turning up the volume.

Tell me if you hear a difference before & after the kick...

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Yeah man it was fun. The breweries here are damn fun too. Go UTES

Hope you checked out some of the recommendations.

I'll be there again next year (as part of the arrangement with my Ute buddies).

Good luck the rest of the way! Want you to bring up our SOS and all...:moon2:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Tell me if you hear a difference before & after the kick...

Wow, you really will argue about literally anything.

That's a video of a field goal attempt. It's not as important to yell loud during a kick as it is during a play involving the QB. The idea is to try to interfere with the team's communication. Noise doesn't affect the kicker and field goal unit as much as the QB and regular offense.

But with that said, that crowd could've been yelling louder the whole time, too.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Wow, you really will argue about literally anything.

That's a video of a field goal attempt. It's not as important to yell loud during a kick as it is during a play involving the QB. The idea is to try to interfere with the team's communication. Noise doesn't affect the kicker and field goal unit as much as the QB and regular offense.

But with that said, that crowd could've been yelling louder the whole time, too.

Dude, it's clear as day the difference in volume between one second before the kick and one second after; stop acting like an utter fuchwad and just admit it.

I completely agree that it's important to yell during the huddle and during the moments before a snap to disrupt communication. I have a hoarse voice today as a result of such efforts.

But yelling changes tone and pitch when one is excited in the heat of the moment. Again, ask your mom if you want...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator