Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This brings me to point that I've been wanting to mention. When we hire Napier, key words we kept hearing was "organizational skills" relationships" "attention to detail " CEO" . This is war. We need a general that can recruit soldiers. We don't need a business man.
But none of that was true. That's why I'm upset. He's none of those things.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That cat's all the way out of the bag.

You got me to click on a Matt Baker article
angry the office GIF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I know we all don't care for Paul but the guy he interviewed was on point. I've never heard of this Podcaster but this exactly how I feel after watching that game. Everyone should watch this

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The only positive I see is we won the second half.
Let’s hope our season started a half late.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The only positive I see is we won the second half.
Let’s hope our season started a half late.
A large reason we "won" the second half (by one point on the scoreboard and yardage) is because Utah's coach decided to give his third string quarterback extended minutes under center. It was an unwise, disrespectful move that kept us in the game and that should have led to 2 turnovers (interception and fumble). But we didn't make them pay for it like we should have.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The game was never in question in the second half . I keep seeing folks say the defense played well. We didn’t force a turnover, have a single sack , zero pressure on the QB and maybe 1-2 TFL. When we needed a 3 and out immediately after scoring the defense failed to do so.The Searcy kid looks like a player and Shemar is good. But these solid individual plays hardly mean we played good team defense . Outside of Vandy and the two non conf Sally’s coming up that will be the least talented offense we play all season . Especially given the key injuries they had, and still whipped our ass all damn night.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The game was never in question in the second half . I keep seeing folks say the defense played well. We didn’t force a turnover, have a single sack , zero pressure on the QB and maybe 1-2 TFL. When we needed a 3 and out immediately after scoring the defense failed to do so.The Searcy kid looks like a player and Shemar is good. But these solid individual plays hardly mean we played good team defense . Outside of Vandy and the two non conf Sally’s coming up that will be the least talented offense we play all season . Especially given the key injuries they had, and still whipped our ass all damn night.
It's almost like you don't think this team is very good. It's unusual to get such negativity from you. You aren't an annoying, insufferable, one-trick pony at all.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ppl saying the defense played well are the same ones who said we are winning 9 games, the oline will be better, and mertz will be a stud. It's just wishful conjecture.

We were muschamp 2.0 Thursday night, and as such, the opponent treated us like muschamp 2.0 in the second half - lots of subs and super vanilla plays bc there's zero reason to do otherwise. We will see lots of "we won the second half" comments by pumpers this season while the final score is a double digit loss.

I was hoping we were past moral victory U and life champion status but it's clearly alive and well.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder why we can’t use our 3rd string QB like they used their 4th string guy as a running threat? Why can’t Max Brown have a package like that?

Good analysis:
Do you think the admin allows more than 20 hrs per week?

Do you think we should try to be fancy abiding the rules?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, he's correct.
I know you're sensitive about my take here, but it really seems like part of you is enjoying all of this. There's a lot of people on here that seem to be having the time of their lives after that game, just as I suspected there would be. There isn't a single question in my mind that people like @Gatorbait25 are happier with the outcome than they would have been with a victory. His feeling of some kind of vindication is high.

There are people on here that would be secretly (possibly even openly) disappointed if our Gators beat Tennessee in two weeks. We have become addicted to misery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator