Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Agreed, AR is a freak athlete however his performance over the season is a net negative since he hasn’t used his strengths on the regular. Billy should have fixed this already via play calls, QB change, or both. Time to to move on with a less athletic and more capable passer (and legit OC?) to run the offense.
So I just looked at ULL stats for the 4 years Sling Blade was there. He said he is not big on running his QB and this seems true at ULL. 2018-2021 here are the # of ruushing attempts for his starting QB. 56, 69, 55, 100. Now some of those rushing attempts will be sacks, will be scrambles and will be designed or read QB runs. Whatever it is, Sling Blade runs an offense that requires a running QB. If AR is your QB, not counting scrambles, AR should have a minimum of 10-15 runs per game against our typical opponent.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AR has had some good moments this season but throwing the ball 10 yards past the end zone on the last play is just incomprehensible. Run it. Throw it short. Anything beats throwing a totally uncatchable ball with time expiring.
While true I don’t know why why we even got that play given that Shorter was in bounds the play before . A complete waste by the way . That ball had to go in the end zone

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
So I have been hearing how bad ass our Oline is. They couldnt open a lane against Vandy to save their lives. Anyone want to school me?
You don't open lanes when there are seven in the box. There are plays to combat that by going outside and running your QB, we just didn't run them.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I hate to say it, but this isn’t an “I told you so” because I fully expected the team to continue its progress. I predicted a 2-TD win.

But between the drops, penalties and boneheaded decisions they were clearly unfocused. Whether that was from looking ahead to f$u or feeling too good after the last 2 wins or not taking Vandy seriously, I don’t know.

And the game plan offensively was absurd. Others will break that down but why change what was working?

AR is NOT ready for the nfl. At this point he’s a long term project. He could have pulled the ball and ran for huge chunk plays repeatedly in the first half, which would have opened the rest of the playmakers. Really poor judgment.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So our coach doesnt see that and make adjustments? SOS would attack the crap out of that.
Very frustrating. We did, but how many drops did we have? A whole lot didn’t work today, most of it focus-related.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So apparently Theo saw us opening up running lanes all day. Thats why we racked up all the rushing yards.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
So apparently Theo saw us opening up running lanes all day. Thats why we racked up all the rushing yards.
We did, for AR. Too bad he handed it off.
8,9,10 in the box. Where do we run?

And apparently we are too slow to get to the edge before the running back

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Vandy is better than us and so is their O play calling. Let that one sink in.
They beat UK who beat us.

Vandy did not beat us...we beat us: flags, drops, and missed assignments.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
They beat UK who beat us.

Vandy did not beat us...we beat us: flags, drops, and missed assignments.
You can't do anything about the talent level, just ask Vandy. You can, eleven games into the season. bring an offense that runs smooth and fluid, have a defense that isn't out of position and tackles well, have players that aren't mouthy, gets stupid flags and have special teams that don't screw up and cost you games ( two missed gimme field goals, dropped punts and missed extra points at crucial times in the last two games). We played better in game one and THAT is bullschit!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.