Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GASPARILLA BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs UCF***

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’m going as long as the tickets I ordered last night through UCF get allocated to me. I’ve got 5 UCF alumni among my kids and their spouses, so I REALLY don’t want us to lose. And I don’t want to be that depressed looking guy the camera finds among the cheering opposition…

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Priority ONE for Napier is to recruit. A bowl win is nice, but nothing other than “above .500” is on the line and this was already a painful season.

Oh, and if we lose? More ammo for Napier to tell the team they are soft and can either climb aboard the Spring Pain Train or accept losing and ride the bench.

Part of our guys’ motivation should be impressing the new coach.

I will be pleasantly surprised if those preparing for the draft stick around and play hard.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CN will see who is playing and who is goofing. For any players expecting to return next year maybe they will be motivated to perform for the new coach

It's the Gaspiralla Bowl... if they have any shot of being in the 2022 draft, they should forgo this. It's just a straight business decision at this point.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When is the last time we played a bowl game before X-mas?

Dec. 20, 1980. The “Run, Lindsey, Run” year. We beat Maryland in the Tangerine.

We lost to Aikman’s UCLA on Christmas Day in the ‘88 All-American.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The odds of me attending or watching that bowl are zero. Players who've made "business" decisions made them a long time ago.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m going as long as the tickets I ordered last night through UCF get allocated to me. I’ve got 5 UCF alumni among my kids and their spouses, so I REALLY don’t want us to lose. And I don’t want to be that depressed looking guy the camera finds among the cheering opposition…
Right there with ya. My cousin is alumni of UCF and put in for tickets for us :lol:

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Dec. 20, 1980. The “Run, Lindsey, Run” year. We beat Maryland in the Tangerine.

We lost to Aikman’s UCLA on Christmas Day in the ‘88 All-American.
That was the 1987 Aloha Bowl. We beat Illinois 14-10 in the '88 All-American Bowl, as I recall.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
When is the last time we played a bowl game before X-mas?

Yeah, but Dec 23 is just like a New Year's Eve bowl but better because it's the New Year's Eve's Eve's Eve's Eve's Eve's....ah, nevermind.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
We've only played a bowl game before Christmas twice, the 1973 and 1980 Tangerine Bowls.
I attended both of them. 73 froze my ass off at Florida Field as we lost to Miami of Ohio. At the Orlando Tangeriine Bowl in 80 after the game my friend and I headed downtown and danced all night with the Gator cheerleaders at some popular bar. Collingsworth had a terrific game that night.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
200.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.