Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GASPARILLA BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs UCF***

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Yes. Usually once they place you in a particular bowl game, it’s pretty much final that it’s the one you’re gonna be in.
Normally when UF plays a bowl game in Florida the crowd is 65 35 pro Gators. I think it will be flipped to favor UCF in this one. They see it as an opportunity to kick the big dog while its down and gain cred for their program.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Normally when UF plays a bowl game in Florida the crowd is 65 35 pro Gators. I think it will be flipped to favor UCF in this one. They see it as an opportunity to kick the big dog while its down and gain cred for their program.
They aren't that good either though, even by their standards.

We do have 1 common opponent this year though.
USF
We beat them 42-20 (when AR was allowed to leave the bench)
They beat them 17-13 (end of November)

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
They aren't that good either though, even by their standards.

We do have 1 common opponent this year though.
USF
We beat them 42-20 (when AR was allowed to leave the bench)
They beat them 17-13 (end of November)
Yeah I hear ya! It hurts to even be discussing UCF as competitive with UF, hope it's short lived enthusiasm on their part.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With all the turmoil surrounding our program and all these players leaving us and recruits jumping ship, I don't see any way that we win this game. UCF is going to come in SKY HIGH to prove that they belong with the big name teams and will look to ROUT us to the tune of something like 36-17. Our guys gave up weeks ago and our guys will probably sleep walk through this game like the Okla game last season.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah I hear ya! It hurts to even be discussing UCF as competitive with UF, hope it's short lived enthusiasm on their part.
We hope. They will be playing with inspiration. We have a QB almost guaranteed to throw two INTs. We have no idea if our roster has enough pride left to want to win. They are so used to losing that, well, who knows? It will not be an excuse that UF was in between coaches and Dan Mullen had sabotaged the program for two seasons and..... It will not matter.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
With all the turmoil surrounding our program and all these players leaving us and recruits jumping ship, I don't see any way that we win this game. UCF is going to come in SKY HIGH to prove that they belong with the big name teams and will look to ROUT us to the tune of something like 36-17. Our guys gave up weeks ago and our guys will probably sleep walk through this game like the Okla game last season.
There’s just as good a chance it goes the other way. Not that many guys have left, and I think the younger players will view this as an audition for the new staff (and the cynical ones for if they later enter the transfer portal). I’m optimistic we see some great effort.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
They're ALL auditioning
Younger guys for new staff
Older guys hoping to get drafted
Portal guys for other teams
Existing coaches for jobs

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
They’ll probably put up a state champions 2021 banner in their stadium, build a statue, have a parade, and airbrush a cop car. The Sentinel will publish story after story of how how the Knights have become the premier program in Florida. This is UCF. Delusion is what they do.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
They’ll probably put up a state champions 2021 banner in their stadium, build a statue, have a parade, and airbrush a cop car. The Sentinel will publish story after story of how how the Knights have become the premier program in Florida. This is UCF. Delusion is what they do.

They should enjoy it while they can. The way things are shaping up in Gainesville (and yes, there’s a LOT for CBN to prove), it will likely be short lived.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
img_3154.jpg

Donkey isn't around so have to make due in his absence.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I would too if I were him

Yeah, he's given enough. Could've bounced last year and chose to return for what he obviously thought would a better year than it turned out to be. And was still playing hard well after the season was a loss. No issue with him skipping a meaningless game. Hope he does well at the next level.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

The brainiac is no longer on the sidelines.... that's a win.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator