Gator Baseball ***OFFICIAL NC SERIES THREAD: UF vs LSU***

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Why did Sully the idiot go with Cags on the mound? It’s the final game of the CWS. You don’t go with your 3rd or 4th best pitcher…you start your best guy.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So the first pitch of the game by Cags was trying to tell us the story. Unfortunately Cags then looked like Randy Johnson for the remainder of that inning. They fooled us on the plot.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Why did Sully the idiot go with Cags on the mound? It’s the final game of the CWS. You don’t go with your 3rd or 4th best pitcher…you start your best guy.
In fairness he was our best guy. He is and has been our 3rd starter all year. Our best 2 starters were not available. Problem is Cags tonight was the same Cags all season. We never found or tried to find a steady 3rd starter.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah whether we want to admit it or not, Sully has to have 3 or 4 bad seasons in a row to even be discussed on the hot seat….he’s the best BB coach in UF history…
Right. It would probably be possible, even easy, to find a better game manager or strategist. But can he recruit and manage the program at such a high level? Sometimes it seems easy to replace a person’s weaknesses but harder to do that with someone that retains the former coach’s strengths.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Right. It would probably be possible, even easy, to find a better game manager or strategist. But can he recruit and manage the program at such a high level? Sometimes it seems easy to replace a person’s weaknesses but harder to do that with someone that retains the former coach’s strengths.

Yeah it's not as easy as it sounds just to fire someone and bring someone in at equal or better caliber.....Sully averages what? 47/48 wins a year? Best winning percentage in the SEC....gets to Omaha on average every other year....gets to the natty every 6 years...consistent top 3 recruiting classes...who would we get that's remotely close to that?

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Great seasons Gators. You men made us proud and tremendous accomplishment this year. Unfortunately only one team can win it all but I enjoyed watching you all BATTLE this year. Thanks for providing much joy in my life over this season! One day I’ll make it the Gville for a baseball game.

Good luck to the men turning pro, amazing season! GO GATORS

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Inexcusable

Explosion Reaction GIF

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well, that was ugly. Offense was Ohio instead of Omaha after Cags gave up 6 in the 1st. Sully waved the white flag by leaving Cags and Purnell in well past their expiration date. They surrendered 6 runs each.
It was a good season with a disappointing end. It is just my opinion that we have a winning coach based on his recruiting but we are still shy of having a championship coach. It's been 16 years and he is not going to change. I doubt he is willing.

Too soon?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
As I’m driving south out of Omaha tomorrow at daybreak, I’ll be extremely disappointed if I don’t see Sully walking along a backroad with cornrows in the background, his bag slung over his shoulder hobo-style, with his left thumb out and his right hand holding a cardboard sign saying “Gainesville”, hitching a ride home.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bummer......... I was expecting a Championship worthy Game......

Still.... Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.