Gator Basketball ***Official Offseason Thread BBALL*** Top 50 Overall Guard Alex Lloyd Commits

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

GIF by Zack Kantor

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023

This would be an amazing get IMO. 6'11.5", 245 lbs with 7'8" wingspan. Averaged 5 PTS 5 RBS 1.3 BLKS in only 14 MPG.

Just a sophomore who has been playing basketball for less than 5 years with huge upside. On a team with Handlogten, Condon, and Alexis, could develop into statistically the best rebounder.

Broke WSU Freshman Block Total at 40 Blks in only 14 MPG. Elite lateral quickness and rim protection would be a great upgrade defensively.

Offensive game is still raw, but the physical attributes and statistical production jump off the page. Has multiple years of eligibility vs a one and done.

He supposedly visited Gainesville last weekend, can anyone confirm if he made it?

1. Chinyelu 2. Elite true PG 3. 3 and D SF would be an A finish to the transfer window for me.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Kid is a scorer. He is a career 40% from three. Kugel had all that talent but wasn't a good shooter in high school and continued that in college. Evil crossover. He can get his own shot. The kid is perfect for Golden Boy's system. I tried to find highlights, but the videos out there don't show much so I didn't bother posting them.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
"He’s a high IQ kid, on and off the floor. The game where he went for 27, 5, 5, and 4 assists vs. McEachern and Ace Bailey was the eye opener for me on his passing. Kid works his rear off, too." ~ Florida Basketball Hour commenting on Alex Lloyd

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I'll add some positives to our side.

1. They grew up in Florida. Their dad lives in Florida. Attending UF means they are closer to family.

2. Their dad has maintained he does not care at all where they choose to go. He isn't a Deion who said he'd never let his kids play at UF.

3. They are good friends with Alex Lloyd.

4. They have Florida, Fsu, and scUM on their final list. Meaning, staying in state is a huge appeal to them.

5. Don't underestimate the value of Golden's offense this past year. It is a huge selling point.

From everything I've read, it is down to us and Duke. But, Duke is not the automatic everyone seems to think it is. Legacy kids are unpredictable. Some want nothing to do with their parents' school. Others, like Kelvin Taylor or Myles Graham, are all about playing for their parents' school. If they are the latter, nothing we do will convince them.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Here is his highlight video. Unlike Handlogten, this kid has something to work with on offense.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Here is his highlight video. Unlike Handlogten, this kid has something to work with on offense.

If he were wearing orange and blue, at least half of the points he scored in that video would've been waved off by SEC refs. On a side note, with the disintegration of the PAC-12 and the fact that no doubt those refs are now looking for work, is there any chance would could convince the folks in Birmingham to give them a shot? Reminds me of old school basketball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator