*******Official Orange and Blue Game Thread**********

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Grier looks miles ahead of the other quarterbacks. I think Treon has a form grasp on the backup spot. That is just based on what I have watched here. I don't know how they have looked in practice. Harkless has struggled at RT which bothers me. I was hoping he would look good. Against the speed rush, Harkless is in concrete. It is awful.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n207640 said:
Grier looks miles ahead of the other quarterbacks. I think Treon has a form grasp on the backup spot. That is just based on what I have watched here. I don't know how they have looked in practice. Harkless has struggled at RT which bothers me. I was hoping he would look good. Against the speed rush, Harkless is in concrete. It is awful.

Not imo. Skyler and Harris had the scrub line early and no time at all. Once Harris went to the starting line he did alright.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
30-6, 30 points! We need to wear orange jerseys every game! so our offense kicks azz

:bananadance:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n207646 said:
Not imo. Skyler and Harris had the scrub line early and no time at all. Once Harris went to the starting line he did alright.

You are waaaaaay too invested in Treon starting. He's the better runner, Grier is the better passer. Doesn't matter either way because our offense is going to suck regardless with our oline.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n207654 said:
You are waaaaaay too invested in Treon starting. He's the better runner, Grier is the better passer. Doesn't matter either way because our offense is going to suck regardless with our oline.

No I am not. Just saying what I saw. But you are right with teams bringing heat it will be tough and the Spring game doesnt even show you what will happen when that is the case.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, receivers were ok, TE's definitely stepped up. RB's, hard to judge due to the oline, but KT did some nice things. QB's seems to be improving and getting the idea of what Mac wants.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n207654 said:
This is the reason Harris played last year, so we might be in the same situation. Harris being the better runner, with an Oline constantly breaking down, we might need the scrabbling QB

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not as down about the way our o looked. I thought we completed some passes down field. Not saying we're going to contend but it's not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. Our first team offense obliterated our scout team d and the scout team o got worked by the first team .

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The orange team was 1's vs 2's. Still, they moved the ball, which is refreshing change from the past.

Harris and Guy were pitted with the 2's against 1's on D. I thought Guy did ok at times against them. Harris looked better once put on the orange team. I hope Grier can distance himself from the pack, cause Guy and Harris would be solid back ups.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n207661 said:
I'm not as down about the way our o looked. I thought we completed some passes down field. Not saying we're going to contend but it's not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. Our first team offense obliterated our scout team d and the scout team o got worked by the first team .

Was that who the O line was going against when they looked good on that one drive Taylor scored on? I hope it wasn't because it gave me a little hope.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n207660 said:
This is the reason Harris played last year, so we might be in the same situation. Harris being the better runner, with an Oline constantly breaking down, we might need the scrabbling QB
We need the guy who can get rid of it quicker

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n207666 said:
We need the guy who can get rid of it quicker

I have a feeling both will end up playing early no matter who starts. It wouldn't surprise me when we start SEC play if the QB isn't getting pounded like Brantley did those years.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: Mac alludes that Johnson's injury is serious. Asked if it could be career-ending, "every injury can." Mac's demeanor is worried.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sucks, we need every body possible for the Oline. It looks like we made it through the O&B game with no injuries! that might be the best thing coming out of the day.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
williston_gator;n207671 said:
@NickdelaTorreGC: Mac alludes that Johnson's injury is serious. Asked if it could be career-ending, "every injury can." Mac's demeanor is worried.
Neck injuries are always serious and that's what Johnson had. I completely crushed C5,C6,and C7 in 2000 which left me paralyzed for 4 yrs. Thankfully I regained feeling in everything and was able to recover.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My brother had a similar football injury. Tingling or numbness to the arms but with no neurological deficit below. It was central cord syndrome and it resolved in a few weeks.

I expect big Rod back in the fall. I don't expect Thurman. If neither plays, having them back 2016 (TT as a 6th year SR) will be helpful. I expect Rod to go early if he plays this year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n207665 said:
Was that who the O line was going against when they looked good on that one drive Taylor scored on? I hope it wasn't because it gave me a little hope.

Yep, but our scout team D is pretty darn good in it's own right (minus the depth at LB).

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gator Fever;n207646 said:

Harris got jumpy at times and took off even with a good pocket. He isn't anywhere near the passer Grier is. When Treon got into the redzone he became inaccurate. Grier didn't have good protection either. None of the QBs did. Grier made quicker decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator