*******Official Orange and Blue Game Thread**********

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n207701 said:
Harris got jumpy at times and took off even with a good pocket. He isn't anywhere near the passer Grier is. When Treon got into the redzone he became inaccurate. Grier didn't have good protection either. None of the QBs did. Grier made quicker decisions.

Well we all have our opinions but I didn't see much difference myself with the starters. Grier just seemed to have a few more of those quick passes called early than Harris.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Neck injuries are always serious and that's what Johnson had. I completely crushed C5,C6,and C7 in 2000 which left me paralyzed for 4 yrs. Thankfully I regained feeling in everything and was able to recover.

God dang son! How did you get injured?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n207726 said:
My thread reached 100 responses!
:dance2:
Congrats!!

Now all we need is a poll .. how we would rank the O&B game, how we would rank Mac's progress, how would we rank this thread in our list of favorites. you make one up

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n207704 said:
Well we all have our opinions but I didn't see much difference myself with the starters. Grier just seemed to have a few more of those quick passes called early than Harris.

Looked night and day to me, but at least Treon is more than capable as a backup. Chances are very good that both are going to have to play this coming season anyway.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n207733 said:
Congrats!!

Now all we need is a poll .. how we would rank the O&B game, how we would rank Mac's progress, how would we rank this thread in our list of favorites. you make one up

Wait.....what were we talking about?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier went 7-9 for 130 yards. One of those incompletions was a drop. I like what I saw from our starting qb. Heck our 4th string slot receiver didn't look too bad under center towards end either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n207762 said:
I'll see your muschamp sucks and raise you a muschamp sucks balls...
Not the ball thread.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n207782 said:
Grier was the best QB by far
I agree. But in Harris's defense grier got more reps with the starters. I'm wondering if that means grier is leading the race

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;207789 said:
I agree. But in Harris's defense grier got more reps with the starters. I'm wondering if that means grier is leading the race

There was no Oline with either team. And there was a couple of great grabs on both teams by the WRs. Grier throws a beautiful deep and accurate ball. And checks down nicely.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n207797 said:
There was no Oline with either team. And there was a couple of great grabs on both teams by the WRs. Grier throws a beautiful deep and accurate ball. And checks down nicely.
I agree. I like what I saw out of him today. I expect him to win the job

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The main thing that worried me about this practice game was it appeared a talented team stacking the box would shut it down the offense just like we were getting shut down in 2012 except our line probably won't be as good this season. If our defense was allowed to blitz etc. I bet some of those drives would have been disasters. Well we still have the Fall I guess to fix stuff.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n207802 said:
The main thing that worried me about this practice game was it appeared a talented team stacking the box would shut it down the offense just like we were getting shut down in 2012 except our line probably won't be as good this season. If our defense was allowed to blitz etc. I bet some of those drives would have been disasters. Well we still have the Fall I guess to fix stuff.
The o line may not be as good but it's definitely better coached than it was then. When that goofy basterd that was coaching the o-line before summers was in charge, players constantly ran free untouched because nobody knew who to pick up.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n207804 said:
The o line may not be as good but it's definitely better coached than it was then. When that goofy basterd that was coaching the o-line before summers was in charge, players constantly ran free untouched because nobody knew who to pick up.

I agree about the coaching but its going to be tough this first season with what was left on offense. Unless our defense is 2012 good or even better pulling an 8-4 record would be a huge accomplishment for McElwain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.