Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n168773 said:
Only pumpers should be allowed to post.

Great idea. Nice knowin' ya, Captain Happy. :rolleyes:

klgator

Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n168765 said:
yes.....has anybody said phuc muschamp yet?

What a nightmare for Coach Mac. I can't think of one coach who in recent history was fired, and instead of taking a year off OR going to another conference, takes a job with a rival and immediately begins recruiting against his former employer. It has to have been hard for Mac to stay professional during all of this.
What athletic director in his right mind allows that to happen? There should have been a non-compete clause in the termination contract. That's just good business sense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n168739 said:
@ClutchLikeMJ: “@_Ryan_82: @ClutchLikeMJ
That duuushbag is far worse than Zach.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n168753 said:
Hard to watch my twitter feed and see Alabama, FSU, UGA, Auburn cleaning up on 4 and 5 star commits like we used to. We're getting everyone's scraps this year.

Yep - just hope we get Ivey and Jefferson to make it respectable

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Jumbo put the screws on DF after Locksley flipped.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n168786 said:
Absolutely not! The pussified gloom and doomers are far more entertaining.

My nomination for the "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" post of the year award....

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
klgator;n168783 said:
What athletic director in his right mind allows that to happen? There should have been a non-compete clause in the termination contract. That's just good business sense.

Unfortunately, the real business world doesn't work that way. An employer who has an employee under a contract and terminates them cannot add in more clauses to their contract once they let them go. Now what would have been smarter, is if Foley put in the original overpaid contract that if terminated, he can't go to a school in our conference, that would have fixed that. To digress, Foley has continued to make a plethora of bad decisions over the last 5 years so this comes as no surprise.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WinterGarden Gator;n168756 said:
Imagine how Miami is feeling today....St. Louis may also leave them. We are trying to pull an Auburn on UM. Just sayin!

Yes but Coach Mac was coaching in Colorado last year. Not Miami. That's the difference. We knew it was gonna happen but it still pisses us off. Auburn is stealing guys out of the state of Florida and away from UF because of the relationships Muschamp has built with them while he was in our employ. He sucked so we had to pay him six million dollars to just go away and he's taken his millions and is still living in our backyard. He's still handing UF losses. Gotta give it to the guy. He's consistent.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From the horses mouth@Deondre_3: I'm beyond blessed, but it's just the beginning 🙏 #NoleNation

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: Deondre Francois sticks with #FSU. Barring a surprise signing, #UF won't have a QB in its 2015 class.

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
Alagator;n168795 said:
Yes but Coach Mac was coaching in Colorado last year. Not Miami. That's the difference. We knew it was gonna happen but it still pisses us off. Auburn is stealing guys out of the state of Florida and away from UF because of the relationships Muschamp has built with them while he was in our employ. He sucked so we had to pay him six million dollars to just go away and he's taken his millions and is still living in our backyard. He's still handing UF losses. Gotta give it to the guy. He's consistent.

Dude, I get it. I have read a post similar to yours maybe 50 times. I'm disappointed too. But I am living in the present looking to the future. UM is freaking out, and we are freaking out. Hopefully we'll land a couple more big dogs today. Go Gators!

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n168775 said:
We are on track to have a class that on paper is way worse than any of the prior 3 coaching change years by far. The rest were all top 20 classes. I know its not on McElwain however and he will probably get a top 5 class next season.

Ok well Spurrier left the program in pretty good shape. Meyer was only a year removed from a 1 loss season. Muschamp has had back to back horrible years, and combine that with several years of refusing to play offense and it is hard to make people want to play at UF. Hard to compare the other coaching changes. When Spurrier left we had Rex, When Zook left we had Leak, and with Meyer we had Brantley (even though that did not turn out well). We don't even know if we have a legit QB on the roster.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Mr2Bits;n168794 said:
Unfortunately, the real business world doesn't work that way. An employer who has an employee under a contract and terminates them cannot add in more clauses to their contract once they let them go. Now what would have been smarter, is if Foley put in the original overpaid contract that if terminated, he can't go to a school in our conference, that would have fixed that. To digress, Foley has continued to make a plethora of bad decisions over the last 5 years so this comes as no surprise.

Then every coach we have should have a new contract with the Muschamp clause. That should say "If you are let go then you cannot take a job in the SEC, FSU, or scUM!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.