Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Recruiting is very important and I watch it as closely as anyone. But one thing is completely clear. All you have to do is watch college football on a weekly basis and you can see that there is plenty of players for at least 50-60 teams. There is not a lot of difference in those teams talent wise. What has become crystal clear is how important player development is in regards to the vast majority of recruits. It was clear early on that our previous staff was awful at player development. If the new staff can develop players, then the recruiting rankings will rise in the following years. There have been plenty of 1st round NFL draft picks that were not on any colleges first page on college football signing day.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n169009 said:
You do know that's Rod Johnson, not D. Rob, right?

Yeah.. there were conflicting reports on twitter which is why I put that one in.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
a good recruiting class-great, a coach that believes in offense-fantastic, getting rid of the dawg-priceless

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So nervous that Ivey goes to AU

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everything changes including the tone of the day if we land the best OT in the country in a few minutes.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n169001 said:
You call out "realists" and "pumpers" regularly but give negative posters free reign. Seems fairly one-sided to me, but hey, it's your board.

Agreed. Yet we stay for the abuse.... :rotfl:

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
its pretty much as i thought!,,, foley just kept the chump to long. but this thread is theraptic:dubster:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: Time for some good news, #Gators fans. #UF is about to land five-star OT Martez Ivey in about 10 minutes on ESPNU.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatorbreath;n169004 said:
Apparently you missed the words "relentlessly", "little dose of" and "now and again" in my post.

I'm not arguing for mindless, cockeyed and unwarranted constant optimism - and I am just as capable of negativity as the next guy - but c'mon. Sprinkle in a little realism and pragmatism now and again. Instead of seeing the glass half full or half empty, how about just seeing the damned glass for a change?

I think the part that bothers me is this insinuation that Muschamp is winning the day. He is landing kids that he's been cultivating for a long time, and that were in the mix with Aub for some time as well. The guy was sent packing, and is now taking orders as a mere coordinator at a mid-level SEC program. There is nothing "winning" about that, commits or not.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n169017 said:
Ok maybe I should not use the word "pumper". What would be a better word? If there was good news the negativity would be at a minimum. We have mediocre for 4 years. Then we have this coaching contract fiasco that furthers the pain. What do you expect people to be saying. If we clean up we should be ecstatic, but if we bomb, we should be even keeled?

Awesome. Can we move on now? Ivey's announcement is coming up.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n169021 said:
@ZachAbolverdi: Time for some good news, #Gators fans. #UF is about to land five-star OT Martez Ivey in about 10 minutes on ESPNU.

KOD

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WM has done such a great job on the recruiting trail that Foley just gave him another raise and extension. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ATXGator;n169020 said:
This is why!
Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi 19s20 seconds ago
Time for some good news, #Gators fans. #UF is about to land five-star OT Martez Ivey in about 10 minutes on ESPNU.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator