Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
FireFoley;n169012 said:
Recruiting is very important and I watch it as closely as anyone. But one thing is completely clear. All you have to do is watch college football on a weekly basis and you can see that there is plenty of players for at least 50-60 teams. There is not a lot of difference in those teams talent wise. What has become crystal clear is how important player development is in regards to the vast majority of recruits. It was clear early on that our previous staff was awful at player development. If the new staff can develop players, then the recruiting rankings will rise in the following years. There have been plenty of 1st round NFL draft picks that were not on any colleges first page on college football signing day.
your avi,, is money!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n169023 said:
I think the part that bothers me is this insinuation that Muschamp is winning the day. He is landing kids that he's been cultivating for a long time, and that were in the mix with Aub for some time as well. The guy was sent packing, and is now taking orders as a mere coordinator at a mid-level SEC program. There is nothing "winning" about that, commits or not.

I agree with you. And, when we win on the field - which is the friggin object of all of this, after all - then none of the matters at all.

Is recruiting important? Hell yes. Is coaching and winning on the field the endgame? Absolutely. We have a staff that will do that now. Coach, develop kids and win ballgames. And this time next year, our recruiting fortunes will be far better.

Like others have said, the previous asshat had his share of recruiting highlights - but was beyond woeful in player development and actually coaching. I suspect with Mac, we have a coach that will excel at both.

Let the previous wanker have a few minutes in the sun today. I'm sure even he knows what a loser he is.

And yes, this post somehow devolved into optimism...

:lol:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n169037 said:
Kiss of death from crucial
Zach was right about Ivey, Cowart and Calloway.....missed on Davis and Francois

Status
Not open for further replies.