Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Fck foley!, that is all.you may go back to complaining how we're fcked this year in recruiting

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n154510 said:
I am fairly certain that your panic will not effect the outcome. However, your composure will assure everyone that you have matured.

Okay, Dad. Thanks for the post.

This isn't about remaining calm and mature and being the most high-browed poster, it's about explaining and educating those who care that we are in an unprecedented spot in terms of recruiting.

You go ahead and be Mr Composure, I prefer to make a little noise about it while there's still time.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
The Original DC;n154533 said:

This isn't about remaining calm and mature and being the most high-browed poster, it's about explaining and educating those who care that we are in an unprecedented spot in terms of recruiting.

You go ahead and be Mr Composure, I prefer to make a little noise about it while there's still time.
:popcorn:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Original DC;n154533 said:

rattle all the pots and pans you want to and it won't change anything but it will leave you looking like a weirdo standing on the corner preaching that the end of the world is near

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n154515 said:
Sorry but adding two DEs when what you need is 10-12 offensive linemen (w jucos and transfers) and basically every position except DE and DBs wouldnt make it HUGE.

Honestly I can imagine any way to fvkk up a program if you deliberately tried. The fact that all the offensive recruits say Dawgshiit never even contacted them says it all.

Law, we can sign 25 kids, follow me on the math. I'll give you your 12 o-linemen. We can add two 5-star DE's, and that raises it to 14. Then you can add 11 more at whatever position you choose. We will always need a couple game-changing DE's. Do you think Saban and Meyer sit back and say "hmmm, forget about the two best pass rushing DE's in America, we're gonna only bring in o-linemen!" The goal is to get them all!

But back to your point, can you explain why we don't already have ten o-linemen committed, even if it means plucking 2-star guys from FIU, Florida Atlantic and freaking Georgia State? I can't.

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
The Original DC;n154513 said:
My beef isn't just that we may miss the big three or four, it's that we aren't even finding and bringing in the marginal type 3-star guys who can be developed. Hell, give me a class full of McCallister's and Trip Thurman's who may not be ready now, but will become solid players over time. Did none of these coaches have coattails with recruits? Shannon? Collins? Nussmeir? McElwain himself? We're reading about all these studs following Muschamp, and we've got an entire staff of new guys who evidently didn't have ANYONE willing to follow them.

This is a VERY good point. I think we'll be surprised (pleasantly) by maybe Shannon...he's got to have someone in the bag.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n154538 said:
rattle all the pots and pans you want to and it won't change anything but it will leave you looking like a weirdo standing on the corner preaching that the end of the world is near

Youre a strange cat Bull

But I do agree we should all chill

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I'm curious what the pollyanas will say if we sign an epically bad class? How will this be rationalized ?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n154538 said:

You laying in your deck chair having a pina colada while the ship is sinking won't change anything either. Some of us prefer to grab a bucket and start bailing water.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator98MD;n154551 said:
I'm curious what the pollyanas will say if we sign an epically bad class? How will this be rationalized ?
The excuse will be it's transitional because of the coaching change

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
One of you guys already nailed it but the numbers we may end up with or the likes of a program on MAJOR probation. I have never seen anything like this in my life. I really do believe getting rid of Champ was the right thing but my goodness this is insane.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n154551 said:

Ill say it sucks and McElwain has his work cut out for him.

I still trust mcelwain with far less talent that douchechamp with 5 stars.

All im saying is wait until NSD to freak out, right now it's pointless

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
T REX;n154492 said:
I've resigned myself to the fact that this is going to be the worst class in probably 30+ years(probably since they started ranking the classes). Is it really that much of a surprise after a 4-8 season? This is the culmination of a lot of bad coaching from Will Muschamp. He was probably the worst coach in our history. Foley hired one of the best and one of the worst. Weird.
There is no "Probably" to it, chump is the worst!

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gator98MD;n154551 said:

I am not predicting a good class, just in case you were referring to me

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am also on the side of being patient and letting things work themselves out. We have no control over this and do not what is actually going on...just speculative reports and cryptic tweets...

Seems the 2006 class coming off the Zooker experiment was pretty good. I think there are some fine players out there who will seriously look at Florida as a chance to get on the field and a chance to be part of building back a winning program. And remember, no ones is committed until their signature is on the paper and the school has accepted them.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Original DC;n154553 said:
You laying in your deck chair having a pina colada while the ship is sinking won't change anything either. Some of us prefer to grab a bucket and start bailing water.

What exactly are you going to do besides looking like an imbecile? Are you going to start visiting recruits? Maybe you could offer limo service for coaches traveling on visits. I don't drink pina coladas

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n154515 said:
Sorry but adding two DEs when what you need is 10-12 offensive linemen (w jucos and transfers) and basically every position except DE and DBs wouldnt make it HUGE.

Honestly I can imagine any way to fvkk up a program if you deliberately tried. The fact that all the offensive recruits say Dawgshiit never even contacted them says it all.
Law98gator;n154515 said:

^^^^ This!

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Bullag8r;n154567 said:
What exactly are you going to do besides looking like an imbecile? Are you going to start visiting recruits? Maybe you could offer limo service for coaches traveling on visits. I don't drink pina coladas
:burn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.