Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The Original DC;n154553 said:
You laying in your deck chair having a pina colada while the ship is sinking won't change anything either. Some of us prefer to grab a bucket and start bailing water.
DC, I appreciate your effort man, but you're bailing virtual buckets in a virtual ship. It's not going to have any effect on what kids the coaches actually get signed. This is a message board. It's not a real committee advising McElwain on how to run the program.

Amazin1

Finally found my way home
Jan 10, 2015
Ok...you threw me off Dub..i was expecting the popcorn...:headscratch:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n154567 said:
What exactly are you going to do besides looking like an imbecile? Are you going to start visiting recruits? Maybe you could offer limo service for coaches traveling on visits. I don't drink pina coladas

Grab my hand! Kum-baya my lord...Kum-baya! Kum-baya my lord...Kum-baya

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n154567 said:
What exactly are you going to do besides looking like an imbecile? Are you going to start visiting recruits? Maybe you could offer limo service for coaches traveling on visits. I don't drink pina coladas

This is a message board, this is a recruiting thread, we express opinions here as fans. We happen to be in the worst position recruiting-wise than any time in our modern history. You may not find that discussion-worthy, but many of us do. Some of us are extremely concerned about it. Apparently you aren't, or you're too sophisticated or nuanced to complain about it. Since you don't think this is a big deal or anything to get worked-up over, butt the **** out and let us continue our discusion. I'm sure there are threads out there somewhere that you deem on par with your level of superior interest.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@cecejeferson7: In order to change a program,you have to have guys to come in and do it with you @holland_jeffery @ByronHawkStar99 💯

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n154576 said:
DC, I appreciate your effort man, but you're bailing virtual buckets in a virtual ship. It's not going to have any effect on what kids the coaches actually get signed. This is a message board. It's not a real committee advising McElwain on how to run the program.

Can't that be said about everything we discuss; it's just a message board. Let's just shut it down and discuss nothing?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, let's all take a deep breath.

It's a message board. We're all here to discuss things about our Gators. This is the thread about our recruiting targets and how we're doing. We're sucking hind teat right now but none of us has any idea what's really going on behind the scenes. We all know our little rants aren't going to change anything but it makes some people feel better to rant. That's kind of what message boards are about. Let's keep this civil.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n154588 said:
@cecejeferson7: In order to change a program,you have to have guys to come in and do it with you @holland_jeffery @ByronHawkStar99 💯

J, you think he's sending Holland and Cowart a message? Maybe they're trying to talk him into flipping to AU with them and he's still trying to get them to come to UF with him? Am I reading it right?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n154510 said:
I am fairly certain that your panic will not effect the outcome. However, your composure will assure everyone that you have matured.

While I don't agree with DC on this subject, why do you feel the need to constantly belittle others with this smug/superior attitude. Go tell your kids or grandkids how much better of a person and fan you are than anyone else in the world.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
NavetG8r;n154592 said:
J, you think he's sending Holland and Cowart a message? Maybe they're trying to talk him into flipping to AU with them and he's still trying to get them to come to UF with him? Am I reading it right?
Certainly looks that way,,he has to be talking about uf,,Auburn was not in the shape we're in last year

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The Original DC;n154590 said:
Can't that be said about everything we discuss; it's just a message board. Let's just shut it down and discuss nothing?
I've got no problem discussing anything. But making statements like "I prefer to make a little noise about it while there's still time" and "Some of us prefer to grab a bucket and start bailing water" leads us to believe you think what you're typing on GCMB is having some greater effect on the team than us pina colada sippers.

I'm only concerned for your mental health here.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Gator98MD;n154551 said:
I'm curious what the pollyanas will say if we sign an epically bad class? How will this be rationalized ?
I'll say, WOW! This class sucks! Only difference between me and you will be that I'll say it when it actually happens instead of 3 weeks before.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Colorado State probably would have beat UF this had we played them. Even if we take the field with what amounts to a bunch of Jacob Kurtz type players for the next couple of years, I think Coach Mac's system will win us as many games as Will managed to average per year in wins.

This class might suck, but we did pretty good this year with a bunch of freshmen on the field and we will get by next year. And it can't get any worse than 2013. I like knowing we made a change in an attempt to get better rather than letting that Dawg testicle run us in to the ground.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n154600 said:
While I don't agree with DC on this subject, why do you feel the need to constantly belittle others with this smug/superior attitude. Go tell your kids or grandkids how much better of a person and fan you are than anyone else in the world.

Just trying to coach em up so they will quit squealing like 2nd graders. Other fans look at this board and revel in the panic and turmoil. As a Gator fan it is as embarrassing. Why add to the embarrassment of two terrible seasons and dark years of Muschamp by whining and crying?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n154602 said:
Certainly looks that way,,he has to be talking about uf,,Auburn was not in the shape we're in last year

Yeah, I don't see AU as a program that needs to be changed. UF on the other hand, yeah...we need change. So one must assume he's telling those two to come join him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n154617 said:
Just trying to coach em up so they will quit squealing like 2nd graders. Other fans look at this board and revel in the panic and turmoil. As a Gator fan it is as embarrassing. Why add to the embarrassment of two terrible seasons and dark years of Muschamp by whining and crying?

It's called a message board. Welcome to the Internet.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n154611 said:
I've got no problem discussing anything. But making statements like "I prefer to make a little noise about it while there's still time" and "Some of us prefer to grab a bucket and start bailing water" leads us to believe you think what you're typing on GCMB is having some great effect on the team than us pina colada sippers.

I'm only concerned for your mental health here.

Good grief, I was speaking metaphorically in the examples you cite. This is a great example of how one snooty a-hole can throw an entire thread off. Look, I'm extremely concerned about our state of recruiting, to the point where I want others aware and concerned. I also don't understand why it's so bad, simply saying we were 4-8 doesn explain it for me. Having said that, I'm as hopeful as anyone that something changes drastically over the next few days, even though nothing is giving us reason to be optimistic. This type of recruiting class, where you bring in hardly anything that improves the team can be devastating. That's all I'm trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.