Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
NavetG8r;n154619 said:
Yeah, I don't see AU as a program that needs to be changed. UF on the other hand, yeah...we need change. So one must assume he's telling those two to come join him.[/QUOTE, ,,now that's encouraging

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n154628 said:
NavetG8r;n154619 said:
Yeah, I don't see AU as a program that needs to be changed. UF on the other hand, yeah...we need change. So one must assume he's telling those two to come join him.[/QUOTE, ,,now that's encouraging

A smidgen of hope at least.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;154592 said:
J, you think he's sending Holland and Cowart a message? Maybe they're trying to talk him into flipping to AU with them and he's still trying to get them to come to UF with him? Am I reading it right?

Interesting right? I shared that because I thought it was a very cryptic tweet by CeCe. Everybody, it seems, has been really pro AU and then all of a sudden out of the blue, CeCe who has probably more reason to go to Auburn than anybody, puts this tweet out there which seems to really be pro UF.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n154632 said:
Interesting right? I shared that because I thought it was a very cryptic tweet by CeCe. Everybody, it seems, has been really pro AU and then all of a sudden out of the blue, CeCe who has probably more reason to go to Auburn than anybody, puts this tweet out there which seems to really be pro UF.

It's hard to read these kids anymore. I'm at the point where I'm just hoping things work out so we fill our greatest needs and move on. These guys could help get us back on the map in a hurry though.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Changing a program could also be in reference to changing Auburn's lack of defense over the past several years. Week D is the only thing that's holding them back from being... Well, from being really freaking incredible.

Anyway, I'm tired of reading tweets and trying to figure out how a couple of teenagers are feeling. Most of all I'm tired of the doomdayers, naysayers, and whiners around here, complaining about a class BEFORE signing day.

Muschamp is finally gone and we have THE coach and the coaches to right this ship. That's enough for me. We MIGHT take a dive this class, but the before mentioned points make that ok for me.

I'll check back in come signing day. Until then, get a grip and leave the games to the attention hungry tweetin' teens, please.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was odd that the Lewis kid is declining to do interviews any more. Wonder if this is good or bad for us.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I know we need those 3,,but i would like to hear what we're doing on the offensive side of the ball.i actually dont think our defense will suffer at all,short term of course. depth will be an issue but we got some pieces that we will be competitive

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The Original DC;n154626 said:
Good grief, I was speaking metaphorically in the examples you cite. This is a great example of how one snooty a-hole can throw an entire thread off. Look, I'm extremely concerned about our state of recruiting, to the point where I want others aware and concerned. I also don't understand why it's so bad, simply saying we were 4-8 doesn explain it for me. Having said that, I'm as hopeful as anyone that something changes drastically over the next few days, even though nothing is giving us reason to be optimistic. This type of recruiting class, where you bring in hardly anything that improves the team can be devastating. That's all I'm trying to say.
That's fine with me. For all the reason you cited above is why I think there's a big coup being planned where McElwain tells all of his commits to stay silent until NSD. Then NSD become Florida Gator Day on ESPN and everywhere else. We go from 90th ranked to 10 in a day. What better way to get UF back on the front lines and create a buzz around the program?

How do you explain NOBODY committing to us right now? You either have to believe that we are offereing 2 and 3 star recruits and they are passing on us waiting for a better deal. Or, you have to believe McElwain isn't even offering 2 and 3 star guys which would be foolish in his situation. Unless he already has 10-12 silent commits. Which I believe may include CC, Cowart, Ivey, Holland, Francois, Pellage, Cronkite, et.al.

I may be crazy so I'd appreciate it if you'd worry about my mental health as well. But I'm sure as heck going to enjoy the next 3 weeks more than you with the way I'm thinking. If it doesn't happen, then I'll have a meltdown like the rest of you are now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to believe these guys all visited auburn together, made a decision they wanna play together. They also plan on going back on their own dime. But some of you guys think this is a good sign for us? I'm past it myself. We have have some young talent on our defensive line. I worry about offensive linemen. We may be playing walk ons if we don't add any to this class.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n154648 said:
That's fine with me. For all the reason you cited above is why I think there's a big coup being planned where McElwain tells all of his commits to stay silent until NSD. Then NSD become Florida Gator Day on ESPN and everywhere else. We go from 90th ranked to 10 in a day. What better way to get UF back on the front lines and create a buzz around the program?

How do you explain NOBODY committing to us right now? You either have to believe that we are offereing 2 and 3 star recruits and they are passing on us waiting for a better deal. Or, you have to believe McElwain isn't even offering 2 and 3 star guys which would be foolish in his situation. Unless he already has 10-12 silent commits. Which I believe may include CC, Cowart, Ivey, Holland, Francois, Pellage, Cronkite, et.al.

I may be crazy so I'd appreciate it if you'd worry about my mental health as well. But I'm sure as heck going to enjoy the next 3 weeks more than you with the way I'm thinking. If it doesn't happen, then I'll have a meltdown like the rest of you are now.

Gator silent day? I'm going with the obvious choice. Muschump destroyed the UF brand and we are suffering for it. Maybe Coach Mac pulls off a miracle.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law is right on this. If we don't sign a boatload of offensive linemen it won't matter a bit whether we sign Cowart or Jefferson.

The way things stand right now we better hope McElwain wasn't bull****ting when he said he could win with his dog playing because his dog is going to have to play.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n154648 said:

If Mac pulls that scenario off, I'll be extremely impressed and I'll gladly admit that my current worry was completely unfounded.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
T REX;n154655 said:
Gator silent day? I'm going with the obvious choice. Muschump destroyed the UF brand and we are suffering for it. Maybe Coach Mac pulls off a miracle.
You really believe he destroyed it to the point we can't get a single 3 star recruit? Wow, sucks to be you then.

Attachments

• conv_2012.gif
    conv_2012.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 33

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the crux of why people are flipping out. And rightfully so. It's been a long time since we have had a player sign with us/commit to us on signing day. We've had a lot of players break our hearts over the years. And as that process of declaring on signing day has become more and more common with the elite athletes we have been routinely left at the altar.

The meat of a recruiting class is not supposed to be filled with people who are declaring on signing day. We should have 20 to 22 players right now committed. And then be working 3 to 5 people right now. Muschamp completely screwed us this recruiting period. He just did not get anybody to commit.

I mean, right now coach Mac is focusing all is efforts on the signing day players because they're program changers and on other players to flip because we never got anybody to commit and they went to other schools.

Just disastrous.

solarman

Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2014
GatorJ;n154588 said:
@cecejeferson7: In order to change a program,you have to have guys to come in and do it with you @holland_jeffery @ByronHawkStar99 💯

I think this was actually a retweet that Cowarthad made earlier.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The reality is that these kids commit to a school as much as they commit to a coach because they know there's no guarantee that the coach will be there. But to get them to commit to the school the coach has to at least show some interest so that the kids actually take a serious look. And this is where stank cooch failed yet again completely ignoring the offensive side of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator