Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Duke Dawson, Quincy Wilson and JC Jackson are on the roster already. Or take Spurrier's method of signing a bunch of WRs and put the ones that can't catch at CB. We have plenty of WRs that can't catch.

More we've had freshmen come in and dominate at CB almost every year in the last decade. WR and CB are two of the easiest positions for a freshman to play.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n158710 said:
The other thing is that there has been this big buildup to this 1PM announcement. The same thing happened with the WR coach. Don't they understand the way the game is played? Underpromise and over deliver. If this year is going to be a recruiting bust, then just say nothing and then everybody will be pleasantly surprised if we get somebody.

Sales 101

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Gatoravatara;n158710 said:
The other thing is that there has been this big buildup to this 1PM announcement. The same thing happened with the WR coach. Don't they understand the way the game is played? Underpromise and over deliver. If this year is going to be a recruiting bust, then just say nothing and then everybody will be pleasantly surprised if we get somebody.
So there was no major announcement?

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n158705 said:
Without naming names, the reason why you want a homerun hire is for 2 reasons 1) Usually there is instant buy-in, and 2) if things don't work out, everyone will say "We hired a homerun, but it turned out to be a bust". Nobody will blame you, because everybody was on board. The problem is that homerun hires are not cheap, so that immediately rules them out for us.

Thanks but I kinda, sorta understand the "concept" of a home run hire. I was more interested in naming names, as in actual home run hires that Law would have considered legitimate options for the UF coaching vacancy.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ClutchLikeMJ: “@PhilFretwell: @ClutchLikeMJ who else are you anticipating committing today?” One is doing signing day the other tomorrow we get 2 tomorrow

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Atlgator12;n158713 said:
That was shareef miller

Not ideal.

I honestly saw him as a McCallister type that would need time to fill out and grow into being an SEC caliber player. But the issue for me is that we're losing these types of battles.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
When I see someone commit to UCF or PSU I think here's someone who does not want to compete at the highest level or I can go here and no one will expect anything from me!!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n158719 said:
@ClutchLikeMJ: “@PhilFretwell: @ClutchLikeMJ who else are you anticipating committing today?” One is doing signing day the other tomorrow we get 2 tomorrow

Don't get this at all. I understand wanting the spotlight. But especially if it's a bigger name that might create some momentum, we need it sooner than that. I'm just surprised that we can't get more of these kids to understand that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n158716 said:
So there was no major announcement?
The major announcement went like this:

Tap tap tap. Is this thing on? As for the major announcement today at 1:00pm, nevermind.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
5* recruits know that if they have a sure school decision, then early announcement would help attract more top
players to join their school team and make their own college careers more successful, more fun. These kids aren't sold.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I find it hard to believe that some of you are buying into this "We'll have 12-15 NSD decisions or flips" theory.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n158720 said:
Not ideal.

I honestly saw him as a McCallister type that would need time to fill out and grow into being an SEC caliber player. But the issue for me is that we're losing these types of battles.

If this 2-star interior o-lineman, Clark, southern boy from Alabama, chooses Syrcause over UF tomorrow, we're done. There would be no spinning that.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
This could be the single worst class in recruiting history for a major D 1 school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.