Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;161780 said:
I expected it. I think we'll end up with Ryan Davis,he's probably better and we don't need 2 5'10" qbs converted to slot receiver in this class. It's no different than us making last minute pushes on locals around here.

I like Ryan Davis, but Dillon is special with the ball in his hands.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In line with Law. We all never take off our orange & blue glasses. These high ranked recruits look through glasses
differently neutral. Thus they delve into noticing what Law notes about the UF program and it is scary towards their
CFB career national notice (TV), towards their collection of highlight films for NFL notice & draft ranking, etc. Then
there are the joys of being in a championship run, and clobbering most opponents - there's some fun.

After Tebow graduated, UF failed, again & again. Sorry to say.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n161882 said:
We've had zero offense for 6 years. Before that we only had QB up the middle 80% of the time. It's been a decade (Zook era) since we had a 1000 yard receiver.

None of these kids even remember a time when we ran an offense that might attract offensive recruits. Hell, many of our fans don't even remember when we had an offense.

Nailed it!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n161624 said:
Let me unstump you:
Johnathan Bullard, Alex McCallister, Joey Ivie, Brian Cox, Jaynard Bostwick, Caleb Brantley, Thomas Holley, Jordan Sherit, Taven Bryan and Jabari Zuniga. We have plenty of depth on the DL. If Gerald Willis can get his head on straight, there is another 4+ star guy who has already shown flashes of greatness.

Here's why OL is the only thing that matters:
Nick Davis, Matt Fuchs, and Zach Shinn.* Never heard of them? They are walkons that are on the two deep. Navy thinks they are evidence that we are fine on the OL. Gatorzone says Fuchs weighs 248 lbs and Davis weighs 251. http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bi...er_by=position They are about the right size to play FB.

If we swing and miss at DE, we sign more next year. If we swing and miss at OL AGAIN (3 classes of only 2 OL in the last 5 years), then we have no spring game in 2016. No spring game in 2015 is a given. I'm not even sure how you run practices with 7 OL. I guess the first five stay out there for every single snap.

Too many Muskskank Jrs around here think that offense is optional. Just because Muskskank thought two DEs were our top targets doesn't mean they are our biggest needs.

And I can't stop saying bruh, bruh.

*I appreciate every one who sweats and bleeds for us. No insult to those guys is meant. They are very important to the program, and most of internet dorks here would loved to have been talented enough to even be a walkon at a lower divison college. However, I think it's obvious that we aren't winning SEC games with walkons.

Bottom line is that Ivey is way more important than any of the Big 3... I think that is the point Law is trying to make. We can be successful without the Big 3, but we need the OL.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n161854 said:
Maybe the reality is that our "brand" is not that good right now.

This is 100% true. Muschamp damaged our image and brand. He cost far more than his millions in salary. We will feel the effects of his ineptness for years.

3800 posts and 1 freaking commit? Jesus

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;n161624 said:
Let me unstump you:
Johnathan Bullard, Alex McCallister, Joey Ivie, Brian Cox, Jaynard Bostwick, Caleb Brantley, Thomas Holley, Jordan Sherit, Taven Bryan and Jabari Zuniga. We have plenty of depth on the DL. If Gerald Willis can get his head on straight, there is another 4+ star guy who has already shown flashes of greatness.

Here's why OL is the only thing that matters:
Nick Davis, Matt Fuchs, and Zach Shinn.* Never heard of them? They are walkons that are on the two deep. Navy thinks they are evidence that we are fine on the OL. Gatorzone says Fuchs weighs 248 lbs and Davis weighs 251. http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bi...er_by=position They are about the right size to play FB.

If we swing and miss at DE, we sign more next year. If we swing and miss at OL AGAIN (3 classes of only 2 OL in the last 5 years), then we have no spring game in 2016. No spring game in 2015 is a given. I'm not even sure how you run practices with 7 OL. I guess the first five stay out there for every single snap.

Too many Muskskank Jrs around here think that offense is optional. Just because Muskskank thought two DEs were our top targets doesn't mean they are our biggest needs.

And I can't stop saying bruh, bruh.

*I appreciate every one who sweats and bleeds for us. No insult to those guys is meant. They are very important to the program, and most of internet dorks here would loved to have been talented enough to even be a walkon at a lower divison college. However, I think it's obvious that we aren't winning SEC games with walkons.
Can you share your info on our LB situation too? That is why "the Big 3" are important. As I have stated, I do not think all three play at the same school, unless it is UF. However, I do feel like Cowart and Holland will be a package deal. Of all the DL you named, I do not see an elite pass rusher there, which Cowart is. The biggest thing, to me, is getting a LB that doesn't suck or stay cipple on our team. So missing on these three means zero to our program's future? That is ridiculous. I do understand we need OL, but that had nothing to do with this. We have some 15 or so spots to fill and I think we can make room for three guys that would make an immediate impact on our defense while still landing Ivey and plenty of OL. If we had three spots left, then yes, you take three linemen and let the others go. But again, we have plenty of room for all of them.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DerekTysonESPN: 3-star OL/DL Steven Clark will announce his decision tonight around 7:30 between #Gators and #Syracuse

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Suck it Auburn. @GGRobinson85: Rumors of me canceling Florida visit to go to AU are false. Auburn offered too late for me. I'm still going to UF on Friday

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n161921 said:
Can you share your info on our LB situation too? That is why "the Big 3" are important. As I have stated, I do not think all three play at the same school, unless it is UF. However, I do feel like Cowart and Holland will be a package deal. Of all the DL you named, I do not see an elite pass rusher there, which Cowart is. The biggest thing, to me, is getting a LB that doesn't suck or stay cipple on our team. So missing on these three means zero to our program's future? That is ridiculous. I do understand we need OL, but that had nothing to do with this. We have some 15 or so spots to fill and I think we can make room for three guys that would make an immediate impact on our defense while still landing Ivey and plenty of OL. If we had three spots left, then yes, you take three linemen and let the others go. But again, we have plenty of room for all of them.

I agree that LB is a big need, but the reality is that it seems like Holland is the least likely to commit to UF of all of them. I haven't heard any details on his visit yesterday and how it went, but from what I see on twitter and websites, it certainly seems like Cowart and Holland are going to Auburn and we have a shot at Cece.

I think what Law is trying to say is that if we lose Ivey... then we all start drinking heavily regardless of getting the Big 3.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n161934 said:
Suck it Auburn. @GGRobinson85: Rumors of me canceling Florida visit to go to AU are false. Auburn offered too late for me. I'm still going to UF on Friday

Just gonna throw this out there. It's bad enough that we, as adults, follow these kids' every move and report everything they say. But the people who actively and deliberately make up rumors or circulate misinformation about these recruits have to be the absolute bottom of the barrel people. Seriously, they should probably do the world a favor and off themselves.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
fetch

Somebody cut off WM's arms for stealing cutlery?

Law98gator;n161640 said:
Again, I didn't say we don't want him, I said I don't care if he ends up going elsewhere.

There is some merit to having them on your roster, to see if they can perform better than the encumbents and if not they can have development time on the second string before they become starters. This is a better choice than having them on an opponents team and having to play against them (I know we don't face Auburn for several years). I'm not going to use the argument that a strong defensive squad getting stronger only helps the team overall and can help cover the offense in it's growing pains this year - again there is merit, but it will sound too much like a Muschamp echo. We absolutely have to improve on offense, but it doesn't have to be done at the cost of improved defense. I can already hear your counter argument that the list offers we seem to be making is sacrificing OL for more DEs....I have no answer to that.

-THE DUDE-;n161756 said:
I think im in the Cece = Fowler camp on this in which you have to watch what they do and not what they say and he has visited UF a ton. Nobody thought Fowler was going to flip to UF but he visited UF more than the noles and he was committed to them.

I think you hit it on the head in watching actions, not words. The other thing that occured to me is that as much attention whoring these guys are doing with their visits, I have to wonder if future generations start to flip commitments on a daily basis to generate more "look at me". Really, they are playing that game now in terms of official visits and in homes from various schools, and nobody knows for sure where they are truly committed - it is a natural progression to flip that crystal ball image and still be as committed as they are today, but with more fans losing their minds and ranting on message boards. Tweets are faster and just as fickle, I'm surprised they aren't playing it up on crystal balls as well.

Gatoravatara;n161950 said:
If their is a signing day bonanza, then this would have been the biggest coupe in college football. But based upon how the WR coach situation played out, I am not holding my breathe.

Maybe our WR coach is going to be announced on NSD? Lol.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n161968 said:
Lol. We want to recruit elite WRs, but we won't tell them who their coach is until he has signed with another school.

There is only so much one man can do. I think Mac had a guy (probably the Oregon guy) and then that fell through for whatever reason. So now he is focused on recruiting and my guess is that he will hire a WR coach after NSD and focus on trying to get kids to sign with us an salvage this class.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n161965 said:
Just gonna throw this out there. It's bad enough that we, as adults, follow these kids' every move and report everything they say. But the people who actively and deliberately make up rumors or circulate misinformation about these recruits have to be the absolute bottom of the barrel people. Seriously, they should probably do the world a favor and off themselves.
There would be a lot of dead people on the interwebs. :lol:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
williston_gator;n161933 said:
@DerekTysonESPN: 3-star OL/DL Steven Clark will announce his decision tonight around 7:30 between #Gators and #Syracuse
I think Clark's decision will tell me if these coaches are good recruiters or not. If not I'll pray that they are better coaches and developers of talent than recruiters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator