Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
soflagator;n151515 said:
It's unbelievable. He creates a disaster and then uses it to recruit against us. Anyone who even remotely defends this pos should be banned for life.
His nuthuggers should be ashamed of themselves

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
soflagator;n151515 said:
It's unbelievable. He creates a disaster and then uses it to recruit against us. Anyone who even remotely defends this pos should be banned for life.

I give him Two years at Auburn. He will not be there the next time we play Auburn. Just wait and see.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n151515 said:

I take back everything nice I ever said about him

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n151515 said:

It's a short list, but I could provide it if needed. :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;151441 said:
I can remember all the comments when people said they were really worried in Aug/Sept/Oct and even Nov. Comments like "I didn't know today was national signing day" and other rude remarks.

Damn.

Yep. And many people kept saying that recruiting wasn't that important. The kids who want to be Gators will come.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think the important thing is that the recruits know it and admit it. Muschamp might shoot himself in the foot if he's not careful. He's probably coming off as a butt-hurt turd to some of these kids.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n151498 said:
You're underestimating the damage caused by the previous staff and the past couple of years. You don't just magically rebound in the mind of a recruit. And I'm not singling you out, because I too probably down played it a bit. Yes, we're the University of Florida, but that has been more of a negative than a positive for most of the past 4 years. The reason Meyer was able to step right in, create excitement, and pull out a pretty good 2005 class, is that we hadn't let Zook--and by extension UF--bottom out. We were UF, and just needed a fresh face. Not the case this time. I'd venture to say 75% of the bigger names essentially wrote us off after 2013, and were only willing to reconsider if it turned out to be a fluke year and we rebounded this past fall. That didn't happen. That's why we're losing New Smyrna kids to Arkansas. They were basically lost a year ago. And that's not even factoring in that the coach who some had developed a relationship with is now actively recruiting against us--swell guy that he is.

Only thing we can do now is hope some chips fall our way, and make do with what we have. JM, kind of like Spurrier in '90, is going to have turn our players into winners, and UF back into a place kid want to play.

The thing that confounds me about what you are describing, is the fact that we've seen other catastrophic coaching firings and losing seasons at other programs, yet those programs never struggled to the extent we currently are in recruiting. As effed-up as Muschamp and the last two seasons have been, Tennessee's stretch of the Kiffin disaster, followed by the Dooley disaster, followed by a long, embarrassing search where they were publicly turned down by several, including Muschamp, Strong and Cutcliffe, then a "best of what's left" hiring in Butch Jones, yet even in the middle of all that, they had respectable recruiting classes during those years, 20th, 17th and 10th if I recall. We're 95th! And there are other examples.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n151515 said:
That sounds familiar.

There are still people here slobbing on Chimp knob.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n151534 said:
I think the important thing is that the recruits know it and admit it. Muschamp might shoot himself in the foot if he's not careful. He's probably coming off as a butt-hurt turd to some of these kids.

Perhaps his aim is as bad as his coaching ability, in which case, we can put this matter to rest.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n151508 said:
IAKOW Recruiting ‏@IAKOWRecruiting 4m4 minutes ago
I've spoken with three recruits, two of whom are committed to UF. All three said Will Muschamp negatively recruits against Florida

To any normal human being paying attention, as in parents of recruits, this has to be an instant turn off to Muschamp. Makes me sick just thinking about it. It's an instant glimpse into his character and I hope recruits are seeing through it. I'd respond with "weren't you in charge for the last 4 years?!"

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
The ONLY logical option really does seem to be the mega commitathon Signing day extravaganza route. Otherwise it flat out doesn't make sense.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The Original DC;n151536 said:
The thing that confounds me about what you are describing, is the fact that we've seen other catastrophic coaching firings and losing seasons at other programs, yet those programs never struggled to the extent we currently are in recruiting. As effed-up as Muschamp and the last two seasons have been, Tennessee's stretch of the Kiffin disaster, followed by the Dooley disaster, followed by a long, embarrassing search where they were publicly turned down by several, including Muschamp, Strong and Cutcliffe, then a "best of what's left" hiring in Butch Jones, yet even in the middle of all that, they had respectable recruiting classes during those years, 20th, 17th and 10th if I recall. We're 95th! And there are other examples.
Also, we have huge lists of official and unofficial visits the next 3 weekends. If our brand is so damaged why are we garnering so much attention? And if you were thinking about coming here but hadn't committed yet, I'm sure seeing all those recruits coming in would make you a little nervous.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Original DC;n151536 said:

Well, to be honest, Kiffin was 9-4(I think) in his first campaign and had a ton of EEs's that were locked in by the time he left. So Dooley inherited a solid class and simply had to keep a few in the fold, while grabbing a few new names. With the success that they'd had in 2009(beating uga, almost upsetting us and Alabama) they were actually trending up. Now you could make a case about his first class, but I think he just got a handful of players to commit or flip and then things launched from there. He's a solid recruiter.

But again, they weren't 4-8, losing to GSU. I mean Wyoming was bad, but even they aren't GSU bad. And to their credit, that was the final straw for Fulmer. That was the only point where they flirted with or 2013 debacle. Otherwise, they kept some measure of respectability. We waited, when all logic said we shouldn't. It's biting us.

And as I said, I think we can still get into the 20s, even if only based on volume with fillers. I just don't see much beyond that.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n151464 said:
So I'm guessing there was never a clause in WM's contract saying he can't pursue our recruits
There is a clause but it is negated if Auburn was recruiting the player before Chump was fired.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also Meatchicken is 97th right now. So if you want a comparison. There we go.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n151550 said:
Well, to be honest, Kiffin was 9-4(I think) in his first campaign and had a ton of EEs's that were locked in by the time he left. So Dooley inherited a solid class and simply had to keep a few in the fold, while grabbing a few new names. With the success that they'd had in 2009(beating uga, almost upsetting us and Alabama) they were actually trending up. Now you could make a case about his first class, but I think he just got a handful of players to commit or flip and then things launched from there. He's a solid recruiter.

But again, they weren't 4-8, losing to GSU. I mean Wyoming was bad, but even they aren't GSU bad. And to their credit, that was the final straw for Fulmer. That was the only point where they flirted with or 2013 debacle. Otherwise, they kept some measure of respectability. We waited, when all logic said we shouldn't. It's biting us.

And as I said, I think we can still get into the 20s, even if only based on volume with fillers. I just don't see much beyond that.

Kiffin was 7-6 and his departure from UT was awful timing for the program. Then they had three straight seasons of 6-7, 5-7 and 5-7. 4-8 was bad, but not near as bad as a four-year stretch of 20-29.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
Just read some not good news on GC from Spivey about Cowart....by looks of that article it looks like we are no longer in the picture? What tha heck just happened?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.