• UF wins by 1 or more

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I could see him walking away if he wins it all this year w/ an undefeated team. But it's not likely. He doesn't seem ready to retire. He's still recruiting like it was his first day on the job. With the right QB they don't skip a beat.
Plus I’m pretty sure he has zero outside interests.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sniffin Kiffin hung 48 on Bama. Why can't the Gators. Our best hope is for such a shoot-out. It could happen.
Go Gators!!!
and they lost bigly bc they had no defense... Sensing a pattern here...

Let's not mention the fact that bama was as off as we have seen them in recent years the first few games of the season, but are absolutely steam rolling now.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Work with me here Durty.
I know the odds don't look good. Bama is a complete team that most likely will win it all this year.
Just saying I think our best shot is a high scoring shoot-out. You gotta have some hope for a miracle.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just say Kyle Trask has the opportunity be an absolute legend at UF with this game. Perhaps he'll have the game of his life.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Work with me here Durty.
I know the odds don't look good. Bama is a complete team that most likely will win it all this year.
Just saying I think our best shot is a high scoring shoot-out. You gotta have some hope for a miracle.

It is our only shot. We can't run against air. Passes to the backs (not wheel routes) but check downs and dump passes over the middle will have to be our "run" game. what won;t work is having 2-3 receivers 3 feet from each other as we seem to have at the end of some passes. Those will be swiped by a competent opponent.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How about longer drives with short passes as substitutes for running the football? Long drives keeping the Bama offense off the field should be a focus.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Is there a reason why Dabo would leave Clemson for Bama? He has everything he needs there.

He played there, maybe it's his dream job. Bama would gauge his interest, he may tell them to stick it and get a huge raise from Clemson. In the event Saban does retire, Bama ain't going looking at some mid-major school for their next coach. They surely won't go get some coach in waiting dumbass, they'll want a proven winner. You got Urban still out of coaching and you got Dabo who went to Bama. I'm sure Bama at least contacts those 2 first before moving on. Then again, I don't know if either one would want to follow Saban and that bar he has set there, though I'm sure both would be successful there.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
How about longer drives with short passes as substitutes for running the football? Long drives keeping the Bama offense off the field should be a focus.

Sure if you can convert those short passes into first downs. But Cousin Eddie seems to prefer sideways flairs to the backs as our running game which I do not think will work against a team like Bama. We tend to go no huddle and do not always use a lot of the play clock, even when I think we should but I saw something last nite in the Clem-VT game in the 1st half. VT huddled and would break the huddle with like 10 seconds on the play clock, line up hurriedly, thus giving Clemson no time to possibly show a defensive look before changing last second, which Venables loves to do. Seemed to have Clem off balance for a bit, so it was an interesting strategy.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

We used that strategy against LSU last year masterfully and Grantham still couldn't be counted on to provide any kind of defensive stops. I think it's a good offensive strategy to use in this game as well, but unless Bama gives us some breaks with some turnovers. We'll lose this one by 2 TD's like we did against Lsu last year.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

Slants outs wheel routes and short posts would be the same thing...that’s a great game plan...Danny, Timmy, SOS, and Kyle...I like it

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We dont need longer drives. The problem with longer drives is you have to be perfect for longer. Danny has been trying to slow the offense to make his special ed Dwag look better. The results are always much less points.

Pass medium, pass long until the drop back and then draws or flats passes to Rbs.

Or basically SOS 101.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
We dont need longer drives. The problem with longer drives is you have to be perfect for longer. Danny has been trying to slow the offense to make his special ed Dwag look better. The results are always much less points.

Pass medium, pass long until the drop back and then draws or flats passes to Rbs.

Or basicially SOS 101.

He ran a lot of draw plays too...I wish we had a line to make that successful...that and the stretch handoff were some of my favorite plays once the teams backed off of the line

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is if we go for 75 yards in two minutes like we did a couple of times at UT it's just going to lead to our gassed defense back out on the field giving up their OWN 75 yard drives in 2 minutes.

We may be simply praying for turnovers.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
The problem is if we go for 75 yards in two minutes like we did a couple of times at UT it's just going to lead to our gassed defense back out on the field giving up their OWN 75 yard drives in 2 minutes.

Can Kaiir or anyone run with Smith? That’s a serious concern

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can Kaiir or anyone run with Smith? That’s a serious concern
Smith had 200 freaking yards at HALFTIME last week.....he's a nightmare for a great secondary, and ours is hideous. He may have 300 yards receiving.

Part of me thinks they should just mug him every play and take the 15 yard penalty.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Grantham isnt going to stop them regardless. We have to do what gives us the most chance to score ourselves.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
... and make Saban want to retire.

... without a Saban = easy path to the NC.

The SEC would be us in the East and a rotation of LSU auburn Bama and A&M...so back to normal

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smith had 200 freaking yards at HALFTIME last week.....he's a nightmare for a great secondary, and ours is hideous. He may have 300 yards receiving.
This is concerning.

They are going to destroy Grantham.

Hopefully Vatech will hire Grantham after Corndogs and not watch the SECG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.