OL Rod Johnson Career Over

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n205115 said:
If we are playing freshmen or walkons, and I think we will be, then we will be fighting Vandy for last place.

Not as long as Mason is coaching them...He makes Derek Dooley look like a coaching god.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n205134 said:

tumblr_inline_n7ztcojNhd1r56f4s.jpg

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n205115 said:
If we are playing freshmen or walkons, and I think we will be, then we will be fighting Vandy for last place.
If that happens we'll take our lumps this year with the growing pains, but we'll be awesome in 2 years.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I still don't understand why UF is not having a Spring game. I recall UF had only five healthy offensive linemen one year when Urban Meyer was in charge. He seemed to think that a real game situation, as real as you can get, with thousands of fans was one of the best ways to evaluate how a player will perform. I think Meyer has shown that he is a pretty fair coach. It's next man up, and you don't need to play guys that you know are ready, like a Hargreaves. I just think it's a bad decision by McElwain, especially since he doesn't know how the players react in a game situation since he's never been at UF when one occurred. It's going to be another disaster like two years ago when UF held something, but I don't know what you'd call it.
As for Johnson, who knows? His career could be over, it's not like UF hasn't lost offensive linemen to medical disqualifications the past couple of years. It sounds like something that may be cumulative, there's a limit to how many hits a body can take. I recall him taking a vicious hit on the pick six at FSU last year. Jalen Ramsey first put Harris on the ground, and then proceeded to clean Johnson's clock on a violent, but clean hit. Those kind of hits add up. We'll see, but it's not looking good for the offensive line right now. The return of trip Thurman is dicey at best, and now Johnson's return is up in the air. That leaves Sharpe as the veteran, and he hardly played last year. Offensive line is about chemistry as much as talent, and it's hard to develop with a whole group of rookies.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n205849 said:
I still don't understand why UF is not having a Spring game. I recall UF had only five healthy offensive linemen one year when Urban Meyer was in charge. He seemed to think that a real game situation, as real as you can get, with thousands of fans was one of the best ways to evaluate how a player will perform. I think Meyer has shown that he is a pretty fair coach. It's next man up, and you don't need to play guys that you know are ready, like a Hargreaves. I just think it's a bad decision by McElwain, especially since he doesn't know how the players react in a game situation since he's never been at UF when one occurred. It's going to be another disaster like two years ago when UF held something, but I don't know what you'd call it.
As for Johnson, who knows? His career could be over, it's not like UF hasn't lost offensive linemen to medical disqualifications the past couple of years. It sounds like something that may be cumulative, there's a limit to how many hits a body can take. I recall him taking a vicious hit on the pick six at FSU last year. Jalen Ramsey first put Harris on the ground, and then proceeded to clean Johnson's clock on a violent, but clean hit. Those kind of hits add up. We'll see, but it's not looking good for the offensive line right now. The return of trip Thurman is dicey at best, and now Johnson's return is up in the air. That leaves Sharpe as the veteran, and he hardly played last year. Offensive line is about chemistry as much as talent, and it's hard to develop with a whole group of rookies.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n205849 said:

Thanks for all the sunshine. :pumper:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I just saw the update about Johnson's career possibly being over.
I...Quit...Life. :cry2:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Starting to see shades of 2013 without the season even being here yet. Unbelievable

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n207803 said:
Starting to see shades of 2013 without the season even being here yet. Unbelievable

don't you put that on me Ricky Bobby!!!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n207803 said:

Yep, that started with Chaz Green and Debose going down before the season began. smh

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n207852 said:
Yep, that started with Chaz Green and Debose going down before the season began. smh

Yes, losing all that Debose brings to an offense was a big part of the problem. :whistle:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n207806 said:
don't you put that on me Ricky Bobby!!!

put-that-evil-on-me.gif

RIP KCGator. Died way too young. At least you got to bang Shelley a bunch.

1377725_o.gif

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n207879 said:
Yes, losing all that Debose brings to an offense was a big part of the problem. :whistle:

LOL. I really didn't needn't include him, but he went down first if I remember correctly. Losing Green was huge though. I don't recall a season where any team I follow got hit like the 2013 team.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n207849 said:
We are f#cking cursed.....
Every since our trip to the Sugar Bowl in 12 we haven't been able to keep anyone on our team healthy. I told a friend of mine in 13 that I think one of those freaks in New Orleans cursed our whole damn program! Lol

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2-3 losses in the spring and again in the fall are normal. Less than half are season ending. It's what happens when 300 pounders hit each other at full speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.