OSU crushes Michigan like bugs, ending playoff hopes

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

I'll be rooting heavily for catastrophic ground collapse.
giphy.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Florida’s last two division winning coaches go head to head in a winner-take-all fight to the death. Could there be a more intriguing game?

3445801-the-cable-guy-medieval-fight-scene-o.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I appreciate the success and titles he brought to our program, I really do...and I don’t despise him the way many on this board do. However, that was a decade ago & his BS. and disingenuous nature are tiresome. The more I see about him & his program, the more apparent it is that he is a total dirtbag. I just think it’s time for CFB to move forward w/o Urban on a sideline. It also wouldn’t hurt our recruiting were he to retire.

Urban is an accept or reject in my opinion. In other words, you can't say you appreciate what he did for us and then criticize him for conducting himself in a similar fashion at Ohio State. You're either onboard or not.

The man is terminally flawed. Probably not the only high-profile coach that way.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Urban is an accept or reject in my opinion. In other words, you can't say you appreciate what he did for us and then criticize him for conducting himself in a similar fashion at Ohio State. You're either onboard or not.

The man is terminally flawed. Probably not the only high-profile coach that way.

I can b/c I’m living in a moment in time 10+ years ago when I didn’t know about things like Zach Smith, Hernandez, etc. and the BS I’m referring to is more than having an alleged wife beater on OSU’s staff...it’s also things like the recent revelations of his supposed brain tumor, the timing of the announcement which was suspect, IMO.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can b/c I’m living in a moment in time 10+ years ago when I didn’t know about things like Zach Smith, Hernandez, etc. and the BS I’m referring to is more than having an alleged wife beater on OSU’s staff...it’s also things like the recent revelations of his supposed brain tumor, the timing of the announcement which was suspect, IMO.

But you just said a few posts ago that you appreciate what he did. I'm confused.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What the fvkk is this thread? Ox forgot he isnt on the Crackumbus forum.

Ox thing that there is really a sizable Crackumbus fan goup on this site?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
But you just said a few posts ago that you appreciate what he did. I'm confused.

I do. But then he bailed out like a chump using the heart attack excuse, which was fabricated and now he’s setting up a similar scenario with the headaches at OSU. Add in the OSU “n word” incident and the Zach Smith incident, both of which never came up when he was our coach and I see that he’s got serious issues...which is why I want to see him get beat by Harbaugh and then retire.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What the fvkk is this thread? Ox forgot he isnt on the Crackumbus forum.

Ox thing that there is really a sizable Crackumbus fan goup on this site?
Come up with something pertaining to the topic or get the hell out of the thread. We discuss other games on this forum all the time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But then he bailed out like a chump using the heart attack excuse, which was fabricated and now he’s setting up a similar scenario with the headaches at OSU.
Saying it's "fabricated" is nothing but your opinion and certainly has no basis in fact. Did you ever consider the guy actually had/has real medical issues?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do. But then he bailed out like a chump using the heart attack excuse, which was fabricated and now he’s setting up a similar scenario with the headaches at OSU. Add in the OSU “n word” incident and the Zach Smith incident, both of which never came up when he was our coach and I see that he’s got serious issues...which is why I want to see him get beat by Harbaugh and then retire.

When you say you appreciate what he did here, I assume you've taken into account the ENTIRE body of work, faults included.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan is the far better football team, but it's in Columbus and Harbaugh has a propensity for choking against OSU. I still think Michigan wins.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Saying it's "fabricated" is nothing but your opinion and certainly has no basis in fact. Did you ever consider the guy actually had/has real medical issues?

Okay, you’re correct that I don’t have any concrete proof that it was fabricated. A better choice of words may have been “exaggerated”. When you announce that you’re stepping down for health reasons (that it apparently turns out were similar to acid reflux) & to spend more time with the family but you jump into another job at ESPN a short time later and then take the OSU job 10 months after resigning from UF, it makes the medical issues reason seem exaggerated and embellished IMO.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yawn. We can't have a single sports discussion about this team without the stupid comments and cracks. I'm not in the mood for it today, I hate everyone.

How about commenting on Ohio State and Michigan, without having to bring up Meyer's tenure here a decade ago, or my supposed allegiance to OSU. Do you think OSU can beat Michigan or not? Why or why not?

Next crack about me gets a 3-day vacation, just like MattM got.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
When you say you appreciate what he did here, I assume you've taken into account the ENTIRE body of work, faults included.

I do take into account his entire body of work at UF, faults and all. I didn’t know at the time about the Zach Smith allegations at UF nor the issue with Hernandez allegedly shooting those guys in the car. I also don’t know what Meyer knew or didn’t know at that time about those incidents and as it’s been 10+ years I really have no motivation to do the research. I’ve seen & heard enough from his time at OSU, coupled with how he left UF, to see him for what he is. Again, no hate towards the guy but seeing him get beat by Michigan and hang it up would be fine with me. Does that make sense?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I do take into account his entire body of work at UF, faults and all. I didn’t know at the time about the Zach Smith allegations at UF nor the issue with Hernandez allegedly shooting those guys in the car. I also don’t know what Meyer knew or didn’t know at that time about those incidents and as it’s been 10+ years I really have no motivation to do the research. I’ve seen & heard enough from his time at OSU, coupled with how he left UF, to see him for what he is. Again, no hate towards the guy but seeing him get beat by Michigan and hang it up would be fine with me. Does that make sense?
Do you honestly think Meyer is going to just walk away from football? Even if he resigns from OSU, he'll be back within a year for someone else. He's not going anywhere.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yawn. We can't have a single sports discussion about this team without the stupid comments and cracks. I'm not in the mood for it today, I hate everyone.

How about commenting on Ohio State and Michigan, without having to bring up Meyer's tenure here a decade ago, or my supposed allegiance to OSU. Do you think OSU can beat Michigan or not? Why or why not?

Next crack about me gets a 3-day vacation, just like MattM got.

Yes OSU can win; it’s at home and it’s a rivalry game so crazy stuff happens...but they need to figure out the problem with their defense. I’m baffled as to how they’ve been gouged as badly as they’ve been by Purdue and Maryland. I know Bosa was a great player but did he really mean that much to them? If Michigan can score 31 points I think they win.

Last edited:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I tuned into the last minute of the postgame call in show with Steve Russell and he said he didn't receive one call after the game a blowout win, but you believe we somehow want to talk about Urbs and osu. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.