Ox, now that the season is over.....

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n126348 said:
As far as bigger goals? I simply want to be the premier message board for Gator sports. In other words, when someone wants to join or just view a forum about the Gators, this is the one they check out first. That's going to take a lot of time, years really. Forums like Swamp Gas have a 15 year head start and a lot more capital than I do.

Maybe so, but if you keep lining up big time advertisers like TSS and their 33 foot minimal flex pole you'll be fartin' through silk in no time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n126445 said:
Maybe so, but if you keep lining up big time advertisers like TSS and their 33 foot minimal flex pole you'll be fartin' through silk in no time.
I had no problem taking his money. :lol:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n126503 said:
Here is an idea. Out bball team is good this year and will go far. Is there a way to leverage that? Having hot woman wearing gattorchatter t-shirts sitting in seats that cameras focus on? Just brainstorming. If I lived in Gainesville, I bet I could bring some new blood in.

By bball I hope you mean baseball. Sadly, our basketball team is headed nowhere fast.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;126444 said:
Yeah, I think a weekly smack talk challenge with other boards would be far more interesting than look-a-like threads.

That's a real cool idea.
I signed up for the Tide board, but I can't post until I'm approved by a mod.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The GSMB has become a joke. The posters there have no sense, common or not. The only reason I go back there is that I believe I have 3 posts until I make 3,000, and when I hit that mark, I will just become a lurker over there.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
I joined the GSMB (sp?) and started lurking there just to get a sense of how Gator fans are feeling like I am. Then that board got shut down and I had no where to go or read the opinons of gator fans besides twitter and alligator army. When that board got resurrected and it was dead and saw the free publicity of Gator Chatter I checked out and joined immediately. At first I just lurked and did the same thing as the other board, but I really took a liking to this place. Then I started posting on gamethreads and I just keep gradually coming on more. Now I check this place before anything when it comes to Florida and I'm appreciative for that!

Hope this board continues to grow because even though we have differing opinions... It's still 100 times better than most message boards I've ever been on.

Sorry for the rant but let's just say I'm glad I saw you guys post it on the new gsmb board when it was resurrected:chomp:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n126348 said:
Believe it or not, a message board I strive for (traffic-wise) is VolNation. During games, they have six to eight thousand people online. Six to eight thousand. And about 3,000 on at every other time. As a matter of fact, I just went over there now. Here at 10 AM on a Saturday morning on a day the Vols aren't playing, there are 2,624 members online.

And that's just Alvin's very immediate family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator