divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n125977 said:
They were bleeding capital.

Hmmmm..... bleeding capital. Is that anything like an oozing chancre?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've never publicly disclosed the details of how the GSMB went down. From what I was told, a higher-up at Halifax, possibly the CEO, apparently had a Google alert set up to email him any time the company name was mentioned on the internet. That's how he was pointed to the infamous "hamster" thread on the GSMB in the first place. I guess he was outraged, and the rest is history.

A Google alert is why Gatorchatter exists today.

Will he get an alert about this thread? :fear:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n126089 said:
I've never publicly disclosed the details of how the GSMB went down. From what I was told, a higher-up at Halifax, possibly the CEO, apparently had a Google alert set up to email him any time the company name was mentioned on the internet. That's how he was pointed to the infamous "hamster" thread on the GSMB in the first place. I guess he was outraged, and the rest is history.

hapssh.gif

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n126089 said:

I think he just did.
CihVLLr.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n126073 said:
Hmmmm..... bleeding capital. Is that anything like an oozing chancre?
Obviously, you HAVE been to Singapore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n126089 said:

I hope so.

Fvkk Halifax Media.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Gator98MD;n124456 said:
I did not know this board existed until GSMB came back online and someone on there mentioned gator chatter. How did others know about the inception and existence of this board initially? true story, my wife was ecstatic when GSMB went down, not so much when I found gator chatter
You didn't get the memo?

Impressive job on both the format/structure of the board, and on the posting volume and entertainment value by the old regulars and new blood.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n124456 said:
I did not know this board existed until GSMB came back online and someone on there mentioned gator chatter. How did others know about the inception and existence of this board initially? true story, my wife was ecstatic when GSMB went down, not so much when I found gator chatter
I used the complicated strategy of googling Oxrageous and a few others.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n126271 said:
I used the complicated strategy of googling Oxrageous and a few others.
Did you Google t-gator?

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
I d like to say something here, I ve seen several Gator boards come and go. the stayers had good sponsers and were regulated with moderation, and advertising helped. Ox has a chance here to grow, if he surrounds himself with good people instead of gitting rid of them like GC, and other boards did. Someone writing a history and list of Gator boards might be doing us a service. Perhaps enlightened comentary on a regular basis from some of the better minds on this board would help, yes I have my favorites but won t say so now.
What are your goals Ox? Doubleing your board by this time next year seems reasonable dosn t it?
Bayergator

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n126089 said:

Ya'll are welcome. I'd like to thank my English teacher who said I couldnt write worth a crap. I knew one day that my screwing off at work would bring about hope and change.
:brad:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bayergator;n126287 said:
What are your goals Ox? Doubleing your board by this time next year seems reasonable doesn t it?
Well, one thing I can say with relative certainty: if I had started Gatorchatter during the Tebow era, this board would be two or three times bigger than it is now. I cannot emphasize enough how much apathy has creeped into the Gator Nation. Thousands and thousands of people just stopped caring enough to visit message boards. EVERYTHING will start to change now that there's renewed hope. And if Mac can get us out to an exciting start, it's going to snowball even faster.

I expect this board to be quite a bit bigger by this time next year, yes. Double? We'll see. Let's just make a goal of 1,000 members by Christmas of 2015. I think it's very, very attainable with our new coach.

As far as bigger goals? I simply want to be the premier message board for Gator sports. In other words, when someone wants to join or just view a forum about the Gators, this is the one they check out first. That's going to take a lot of time, years really. Forums like Swamp Gas have a 15 year head start and a lot more capital than I do.

Believe it or not, a message board I strive for (traffic-wise) is VolNation. During games, they have six to eight thousand people online. Six to eight thousand. And about 3,000 on at every other time. As a matter of fact, I just went over there now. Here at 10 AM on a Saturday morning on a day the Vols aren't playing, there are 2,624 members online. That's remarkable. For perspective, the most Gatorchatter has ever had online so far is 318.

I believe in thinking big. However, I have to keep reminding myself we're less than 6 months old. Most of the Gator Nation still doesn't know we exist. I'll continue to put the name out there through social media advertising, but it just takes time. And more importantly, success on the field.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
All I can say is good luck OX. if you need help you ll know where to find me, (Under the Clock Tower, downtown Munich at 12 midnite in trenchcoat and sunglasses).
Bayergator

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like to bust your balls Ox but this website is around because you had those balls to start it up. Good job and **** GSMB.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It might help if we can even recruit rivals on other boards to come here as well. It might be easy to get some from Tidefans to jump in with McElwain on board and ask them to weigh in as an example.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n126405 said:
It might help if we can even recruit rivals on other boards to come here as well. It might be easy to get some from Tidefans to jump in with McElwain on board and ask them to weigh in as an example.
Yeah, I think a weekly smack talk challenge with other boards would be far more interesting than look-a-like threads.

That's a real cool idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator