Packers to promote Ron Zook to Special Teams coach and head janitor

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zook was a good special teams coach both in college and in the pros. He sucks balls in other areas, but as a Special Team coach he does really well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n168560 said:
Zook was a good special teams coach both in college and in the pros. He sucks balls in other areas, but as a Special Team coach he does really well.
I should have known you'd be a Zook nutswinger. :nutswinger:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n168564 said:
I should have known you'd be a Zook nutswinger. :nutswinger:

As a special teams coach, sure. As a DC or HC, no. He is horrible at both.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n168588 said:
As a special teams coach, sure. As a DC or HC, no. He is horrible at both.
He sucks as a special teams coach, too. It's an embarrassment for the Packers to have him anywhere on the coaching staff. To be their janitor, sure - he does excel at that part.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n168594 said:
He sucks as a special teams coach, too. It's an embarrassment for the Packers to have him anywhere on the coaching staff. To be their janitor, sure - he does excel at that part.

[video=youtube;8xMyhEDrHDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xMyhEDrHDk[/video]

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n168594 said:

We had good special teams under Zook and so did the Steelers. Once he went beyond that, was the problem. When he was DC, a position coach, etc... he sucked the peanuts out of $hit.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n168607 said:
We had good special teams under Zook and so did the Steelers. Once he went beyond that, was the problem. When he was DC, a position coach, etc... he sucked the peanuts out of $hit.
He was terrible as a special teams coach while he was here, in my opinion. Maybe he's gotten better and better since then, but my recollection was the worst net punting I've ever seen in a Florida squad, getting consistently burned on fakes and kick coverage, and blocked punts. I think part of it was his desire to see lots of the scrubs get on the field, probably not as much of an issue in the NFL. Meyer completely changed that when he came here and made the special teams unit the pride of the team.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n168810 said:
He was terrible as a special teams coach while he was here, in my opinion. Maybe he's gotten better and better since then, but my recollection was the worst net punting I've ever seen in a Florida squad, getting consistently burned on fakes and kick coverage, and blocked punts. I think part of it was his desire to see lots of the scrubs get on the field, probably not as much of an issue in the NFL. Meyer completely changed that when he came here and made the special teams unit the pride of the team.

Are you talking about when he was Head Coach or Special teams Coach Pasty... I'm referring to when he was Speical teams coach under Spurrier and he had an All-American Kicker and Punter (if I remember correctly). Believe Judd Davis won the Lou Graza (spelling) award under Zook.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
[h=2]Packers to promote Ron Zook to Special Teams coach and head janitor[/h]

Here is betting you never come come close to the income RZ makes in his lifetime or ever own the SEC Championship rings he owns.........just saying.
RZ's recruiting and beating FSU on that field his last game speak volumes........Many many of those recruits are why we have mulitple NATIONAL TITLES.......
but BY all means keep denigrating the man because it makes all look so damned smart.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n169148 said:
Here is betting you never come come close to the income RZ makes in his lifetime or ever own the SEC Championship rings he owns.........just saying.
RZ's recruiting and beating FSU on that field his last game speak volumes........Many many of those recruits are why we have mulitple NATIONAL TITLES.......
but BY all means keep denigrating the man because it makes all look so damned smart.
:snob:

I swear to God some people have no idea how to have fun on a message board. I detest this snobby crap.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
oxrageous;n169218 said:

I swear to God some people have no idea how to have fun on a message board. I detest this snobby crap.

It's your board. Fill it with a bunch of people who think just like you.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n169218 said:

I am no phkns snob just tired of all the nastiness directed at former gators........Let the rivals talk trash about our previous participants........no need to pile on
.btw THIS is fun to me. Teaching manners and civility is part of my job description.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n169355 said:
It's your board. Fill it with a bunch of people who think just like you.
If you've got a problem with me shoot me a PM. You used to like to have fun, too. You're nothing but Mr. Serious these days. It's rather sad.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n169218 said:

Ox, PE is king sh*t of turd mountain. Surprised you didn't know... :rolleyes:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I had a feeling they might promote him after that Seattle game.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n169994 said:
I had a feeling they might promote him after that Seattle game.

Well, it coudn't get any worse, ST has been poor all year. Slocum was just not getting it done. McCarthy is a heck of a coach, despite my personal feelings towards zook, I trust his decision.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As long as he avoids all the frats in town, he'll be fine....:rotfl:

Wasn't he schlepping at some bank not to long ago??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator