Passing Yards Per Game Stat

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of the “passing” yards were quick horizontal passes meant to supplement the running game. Hats off to Mullen for finding a way to make it work though.
Even though we couldn't run, we still call enough runs up the middle that the Ds had to respect the potential.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure we ran an option play near the end of the LSU game and they shut it down big time.

If Heavsey does any work this off season along with Savage to build us an OL will be huge for our passing game. Not sure if the average will hold up. But a run game with the attack that Trask had going......it would be huge.
We lose 4 Sr WRs this year. The passing game will not be the same next year. It won't be a "step back". It will be a totally different attack. I hope more intermediate to long routes. I don't see Trask starting past the first few games.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It was commented on during the FSU game by the Fox guy, QB from Vandy.

I heard it as Mullinz said a three weeks back (before FSU) I asked why are we running these running plays when they don't work.

I was corrected and told it was a coach (Brian Johnson) asking him why we are running the plays that don't work.

I havent replayed the broadcast yet. Maybe I will to get an exact quote for you.
I remember that.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen was fortunate to have Trask waiting in the wings. Perfect storm with the Sr WRs and lack of O-line run blocking.

The scheme will not be repeated next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.