Pasty's Stoole's Sh!ts & Feces: The Missouri Game

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Rock once astutely made the observation that “Every town has two malls. The mall the white people go to, and the mall the white people *used to* go to." After yesterday’s game, I can’t help but think our passing offense has devolved into the equivalent of the mall white people *used to* go to. Dimly lit, full of unattended kiosks selling cheap jewelry and cell phone cases, patrons shuffling around in slides wearing pajamas during the middle of the day. It resembles nothing of its glory years, nor even the years we watched it going into decline and decay as new, more attractive passing offenses popped up around the country. No, our passing offense may have the same logo across it, but the Boynton Beach mall of passing offenses is here now for Gator fans, and God help us if we have to live with it in our own backyard.

I speak of this not as a man speculating about what the mall white people used to go to looks like. I speak of it as a man who *actually* went to such a mall yesterday – not metaphorically – but upon the insistence of my children. We’d just left the Boynton Beach Cinemark after seeing Lyle, Lyle Crocodile, (more on this later). In trying to be a good and over-compensating single parent, I obliged to their pleadings and entered this mall, thinking that the minute they set foot in the place they’d want to bolt just like I would. What followed, though, was a 2.5 hour journey into a cultural crevasse of wig shops (I counted six), dollar stores, high-top sneaker emporiums, questionable food choice, amusement “rides” that were sometimes broken but somehow never overpriced, hoop earrings, lots and lots and lots of screaming children with no fathers in sight, and boner-inducing mannequins like these:

IMG_6EA1CFCFB9D9-1.jpeg

For their part, my kids loved it. But then again, they would have also loved the experience of being at the Swamp on a Saturday, with all the fans and the storied history, watching the back-alley abortion we now call our passing attack. The innocents among us, those who never saw Wuerfful and Spurrier, those who have never slurped an Orange Julius or shopped for scented candles at “Wicks and Sticks,” simply don’t know any better.

Our defense mostly looked very good against a weak Missouri offense. Ventrell Miller is a fkkn animal. We have some very good players. But they gave away way too many Third and Granthams. They came up big a few times when they needed to and they did win the game for us. That was a fantastic stop at the end of the game. (No PI, BTW, the pass was uncatchable). But all told, it’s hard for me to imagine us keeping pace with the UGA Bulldogs in any part of the game. I feel I may have to cling to this small victory I experienced yesterday while watching “Lyle, Lyle Crocodile” with my kids: Lyle the Crocodile’s only chance of exploring the big city without frightening off bystanders was to don Florida Gator attire and pretend to be our beloved mascot, Albert. Upon encountering some UGA fans, (who for unexplained reasons were cruising around New York City in Bulldog Jerseys with UGA pennants), Lyle releases a thunderous roar toward them and frightens them away. (Do crocodiles really “roar?”). Anyway, as we’re getting our asses handed to us in Jacksonville, I’ll replay that scene in my mind for small comfort.

Our running game is exciting and dynamic. Napier deserves all the credit in the world for transforming it. I don’t know what he’ll do about Richardson’s penchant for throwing interceptions and watching his receivers run down the field from snap to throw, but he better do something quick. Our schedule won’t allow for the clusterfk we saw in the air yesterday. It’s obvious he has a lot of good qualities as a coach, but he’s got some deficiencies on his team that will take time to fix.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Baby Thank You GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
For some reason I was picturing the 163rd St. Mall in North Miami, but I can go with the Boynton Beach Mall

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have to admit, it's a change of pace.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is hard to find positives in our passing game but we did have several flashes of Brilliance...
AR just seems so lost out there. Coaching and execution are both suspect.
Hopefully we find some identity in practice this week.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pasty Stoole / Sh!ts & Feces........a post that can stick with you.

I could only imagine what a post from @rogdochar would have been.

This is some shyt here. :lol:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pasty Stoole / Sh!ts & Feces........a post that can stick with you.

I could only imagine what a post from @rogdochar would have been.

This is some shyt here. :lol:
I'll give it a whirl in honor of his memory:

"Pasty's right. The Bulldogs are going to mall us."

Damn, I miss that guy. Makes me sad just to pun in his name.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll give it a whirl in honor of his memory:

"Pasty's right. The Bulldogs are going to mall us."

Damn, I miss that guy. Makes me sad just to pun in his name.
Ox needs to add a “love” emoji. While I know it’s ghey…it would be perfect for this post.

I miss that guy too - the board isn’t the same. I would be skimming through to catch up and just bust out laughing at something he posted. He was a genius.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck. You're probably already on the no-fly list just for associating with some of us.
I actually went to Pasty's home once. I noticed there were white windowless vans all up and down the street, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.