Patriots neuter Cammy Newton, name Mac Jones starter

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Speaking of some rival fans that seem to come around and talk crap...aint seen mrsec in a while. Wonder what that moron is up to?

Yeah. Yeah, I hope nothing bad happened to him. Like a grizzly bear attack or hang-gliding accident or something.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yeah. Yeah, I hope nothing bad happened to him. Like a grizzly bear attack or hang-gliding accident or something.

Pretty sure it was just a beating by the Gators that has kept him away for a while. But we can always hope it was because of somethign else like tripping into a wood chipper or in a bathtub full of ice in some motel

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
tampa-bay-buccaneers-qb-steve-spurrier-august-23-1976-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
Oh great! A spot on an expansion team. Now that was an opportunity that every NFL player drooled over.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Speaking of some rival fans that seem to come around and talk crap...aint seen mrsec in a while. Wonder what that moron is up to?
Domestic violence against his sister-aunt-cousin-stepdaughter?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
:rotfl: Thanks for helping make my point. So basically the Gators have never really had a GREAT NFL qb.

Oh, and while I do agree that Tebow was an excellent college qb, he was arguably NOT the greatest college qb of all time. But if you want to think he was then that's fine.
What does the Gators not having a great NFL QB have to do with the undeniable fact that Alabama has not produced a great NFL QB since Kenny Stabler, who retired almost 40 years ago? That was the point of the original comment, which I agree with. And I say that as a fan of the Miami Dolphins, whose current starting QB came from Bama. Like every other Saban QB, he has no NFL HOF potential.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
What does the Gators not having a great NFL QB have to do with the undeniable fact that Alabama has not produced a great NFL QB since Kenny Stabler, who retired almost 40 years ago? That was the point of the original comment, which I agree with. And I say that as a fan of the Miami Dolphins, whose current starting QB came from Bama. Like every other Saban QB, he has no NFL HOF potential.
The fact that the Gators have not produced a great NFL QB actually has nothing to do with the fact that Bama hasn't produced one since Stabler. Absolutely NOTHING. Not sure what your point is in even asking that question since that has nothing to do with the conversation that convinced gatorj to give me 24 hours in time-out. :lol: Here is the conversation as it transpired so you can more easily read back through it if it means so much to you. I will even add some personal editing/remarks within the other user's posts for a bit of clarification for you.

Remind me.....Bama QB's have historically been great in the NFl no? Mr2Bits seemed to be questioning whether Bama has ever produced any great NFL QBs. Honestly, I could have misinterpreted his post though.
Historically, there are three former Bama QBs that are in the NFL Hall of Fame. Joe Namath, Bart Starr, and Kenny Stabler.
Now, remind me... Gator QB's have historically been great in the NFL no? Here I responded to Mr2 with the three former BAMA QBs that are NFL Hall of Fame members and I inquired about the Gator QBs that might have made the NFL HOF.
Well, let's see:
Spurrier: Stuck his whole career behind a 49er great. Never given a chance.

Wuerffel: Drafted by a inept team and coached by a guy known for defense.
Best remembered play was of him looking through the ear hole of his helmet

"HEY, WHO TURNED OFF THE LIGHTS?"
Doug Johnson: Didn't even get drafted. Tied out as a free agent.
Tebow: One memorable season where he led his team to a playoff win.
Cut by a two-faced guy who wanted nothing to do with him.
Greatest college qb of all time but a flop in the NFL.

"TIM, THAT WAS GREAT! JUST HAVE YOUR LOCKER CLEANED OUT BY MIDNIGHT!"
Jeff "Ears" Driskel: Recruited by Charlie Weis, AKA "The Ice Chest Destroyer".
Blows Gainesville and finds a modicum of success
at some Louisiana school. Has bounced around the NFL for years.
Seems destined to always be a backup with little success whenever
he does sniff the field.

Trask: Time will tell. Has all the tools to be successful. In a position
to learn from the GOAT. In this post, Nova pointed out how that Spurrier, Wuerffel, Doug Johnson, Driskel, and Trask might have been great NFL QBs but he went on to explain why they weren't thereby helping make my point better than I did by actually siting the excuses/reasons why UF has no great NFL QBs.
:rotfl: Thanks for helping make my point. So basically the Gators have never really had a GREAT NFL qb.
Oh, and while I do agree that Tebow was an excellent college qb, he was arguably NOT the greatest college qb of all time. But if you want to think he was then that's fine. While showing my gratitude for Nova helping make my point, I also provided a comment about Tebow that got gatorj convinced that I needed to be put in time-out for 24 hours. :rotfl: See his post below.
Take a break. See you tomorrow.

Now, regarding Tua playing in the NFL, I have no idea of how good his potential for making a great NFL QB really is. I have my doubts that you do either but I have no issue with you surmising such. Doesn't matter to me...

Now, to the issue of "greatest college qbs" ever, here is the justification that I found as to why Tebow wasn't the geatest ever... It comes from Power Ranking the 10 Greatest College Football QBs of All Time and in order to tabulate the results the writer used the following criteria:
  • Team win percentage (From seasons when the quarterback was the primary starter or played at least half of the offensive snaps)
  • Career passer rating
  • Touchdowns generated per season (All TDs each player threw, ran for or caught during years they were the primary starter)
  • Total offense per game (All passing yards and yards from scrimmage gained during years they were the primary starter)
  • Career interception percentage
Greatest college QBs.JPG

Of course I'm sure that gatorj will once again put me in timeout after he sees this post so if so I'lll see y'all whenever... ;)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I love that this guy is genuinely proud of being a circus clown. The lack of self awareness is hilarious.

I'm not even sure which one was the bigger clown in this spectacle. I love how a baseless accusation and opinion supported by nothing more than being spoken with supreme confidence is somehow regarded as fact. An interview where a mind is already made up that the release had nothing to do with play, playbook, etc. It has to be, and definitively is, something else. I have nothing against Cam and have always felt like his leaving here was a major part of our run ending. But unfortunately, he's just become another disaster in society. That whole things was tough to watch.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Speaking of the Patriots and how much Cam sucks, how phuking good is Brady? If not for a fumble and dropped passes by Godwin (who ended up have a good game despite the errors) the game is not even in reach. Yeah, Dak had a very good game, but was there even any doubt Brady was going to lead them to the winning score after Dallas's last score? I don't understand how his shoulder still works like he's in his 20's. How on earth can a 44 y/o play at this level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.