Patriots neuter Cammy Newton, name Mac Jones starter

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Speaking of the Patriots and how much Cam sucks, how phuking good is Brady? If not for a fumble and dropped passes by Godwin (who ended up have a good game despite the errors) the game is not even in reach. Yeah, Dak had a very good game, but was there even any doubt Brady was going to lead them to the winning score after Dallas's last score? I don't understand how his shoulder still works like he's in his 20's. How on earth can a 44 y/o play at this level?

It was a good showing for the offense but the defense has to improve (secondary). Losing Murphy-Bunting was not good and poor Dean got abused all night. In his defense, those refs called a really pussified game with respect to pass interference.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It was a good showing for the offense but the defense has to improve (secondary). Losing Murphy-Bunting was not good and poor Dean got abused all night. In his defense, those refs called a really pussified game with respect to pass interference.
Agree the defense played surprisingly bad. I saw Murphy-Bunting walk off but didn't see the injury or the injury report until right now. Dislocated elbow? Damn that's got to hurt lika a SOB but sounds like he will be back which is good news. JPP and Suh and beasts but both older which is a concern if your name isn't Brady. Hopefully the unit just had an off night and now has a lot of film to help work out the issues while still getting out with the win. Dean damn near blocked the Dallas go-ahead FG, but almost making a play was about his best highlight of the night.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Agree the defense played surprisingly bad. I saw Murphy-Bunting walk off but didn't see the injury or the injury report until right now. Dislocated elbow? Damn that's got to hurt lika a SOB but sounds like he will be back which is good news. JPP and Suh and beasts but both older which is a concern if your name isn't Brady. Hopefully the unit just had an off night and now has a lot of film to help work out the issues while still getting out with the win. Dean damn near blocked the Dallas go-ahead FG, but almost making a play was about his best highlight of the night.

Yeah...the slowmo of the elbow dislocation was really gross.

Vea was a BEAST. I thought the DL played pretty good, just like the announcers were saying, Dak and Kellen Moore did a really good job of getting the ball out away from them.

All in all, I think it was a good first game. We got the win. The offense looked very good and potent. We all know the defense is very good and it was probably more of first game of the season issues than lack of talent.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yeah...the slowmo of the elbow dislocation was really gross.

Vea was a BEAST. I thought the DL played pretty good, just like the announcers were saying, Dak and Kellen Moore did a really good job of getting the ball out away from them.

All in all, I think it was a good first game. We got the win. The offense looked very good and potent. We all know the defense is very good and it was probably more of first game of the season issues than lack of talent.
Yeah Vea was ridiculous. The definition of a Bull Rush. Warning Donk, this is the kind of big butt play that gives you wood.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Yeah Vea was ridiculous. The definition of a Bull Rush. Warning Donk, this is the kind of big butt play that gives you wood.

Dude looks unstoppably dominant, and yet his stat sheet from the Super Bowl last year reads...one tackle? :scratchhead:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Dude looks unstoppably dominant, and yet his stat sheet from the Super Bowl last year reads...one tackle? :scratchhead:
He’s not going to run down Mahomes or Hill. His job isn’t to make tackles unless you run right at him or if he gets to the QB who doesn’t have anywhere to scramble. But he is going to plug up the middle, knock your center on his a$$ or back where the play is supposed to develop, flush the QB out of the pocket, and generally just phuk up your play because he’s so freaking big and strong and quick that he dominates the center. If you double team him you still can’t really block him and now you are committing 2 linemen on a nose tackle meaning there’s going to be opportunities for the other D-lineman or blitzers. So bottom line is a guy that big and strong isn’t supposed to be that quick and when you have a guy like that his production isn’t going to be measured in number of tackles.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Next to Vea is Suh. Next to them two is JPP and Golston. Behind them is White and David. Its a very dominate defensive front. Its the secondary that needs some catching up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator