PD's Postulations on Chip Kelly debacle and Mullen hire

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Blah Blah Blah Blah...Chip Kelly is actually Satan who would have gotten us the death penalty, thank God we avoided that disaster...Blah Blah Blah Blah...Dan Mullen's only weakness is he's made of the same fiber as Saban...Blah Blah Blah...would have won the East every year, incredible record considering MSU...Blah Blah Blah....

That actually set me back significantly in the progress I was making toward acceptance of DM as our coach.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
He is definitely right about on thing for sure - I'm sure as hell glad we're not in Tennessee's shoes. The rest is open to conjecture, but the bush league money CK got from UCLA doesn't sound like the handiwork of a master manipulator. Sounds more to me like Kelly was the one who got played. "See, we tried for the biggest name out there, but he insisted on 4 million a year and we could only go to 6 million." I just don't see anyone as self-serving and grandiose as CK is purported to be settling for so much less $$$. Like really? Is Gainesville really that bad?

Truth is we got the one option that was every reasonable thinking Vol's best hope at a decent logical hire. Volnation is now back to the nonstop comedy gold that they produced prior to hiring Dooley and Butch. The pathetic groveling on Lane Kiffin's twitter feed is priceless. That could have been us but THANKFULLY IT IS NOT. Nuss is gone, Nord is gone, Kent is gone...Knoxville is in flames! Dan has over 6 million reasons a year to put some offense up on the board. I think that will happen and I am fine with it all.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Any scheisskopf who can be put off of a job like Florida, because of a few bungholes with keyboards like me, ain't mensch enough to do the @#$%^ job any@#$%^way. If you're afraid of what some old screw-loose phuk like me is gonna say online, how in the hell are you gonna deal with Saban on the opposite sideline? Give me a @#$% break.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I read that...I was not surprised to hear....disappointed, but not surprised. Not sure if 100% true either.
It is almost exactly what I was told. He would say I want $X mil plus A, B,C, and D, we'd eventually say ok, rewrite the contract, send it to him, and repeat the process... for days.

Why exactly donyou doubt it Alex? Bc Dooley didnt endorse it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PD is a stooge for the SID however. He mentions us being a tough sell but 99% of that is our horrid facilities. It was all the coaches wanted to talk about and what 290 pages of the 300 page contracts were about. We should really be in a positio of far worse facilities than school who are at best top 40 or 50, but it is where we are.

We will see if they fix this, or if the freeze now that the pressure is off.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Pretty much in line with my feelings. Well written, good points

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It obviously ain't an insider report.
Bc they (SID) wanted wide dissemination to get us in line, without actually releasing it themselves.

PD thinks we will be functional on offense. Its a pretty candid assessment from an ultra pumper. I guess functional is something I suppose. If we had a functional offense in 2012 or 2015, we might have won championships. Not sure that is going to be good enough in the future with our poor defense.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Good article but I still don’t see how toxic our fans are that drive people away. I have yet to see anyone do a thing that at least 50 schools fans aren’t doing as well.

Maybe if Foley hadn’t crapped the bed on the last two hires and kept up in facilities the fans would be so “toxic” after going through a lost decade.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bc they (SID) wanted wide dissemination to get us in line, without actually releasing it themselves.

PD thinks we will be functional on offense. Its a pretty candid assessment from an ultra pumper. I guess functional is something I suppose. If we had a functional offense in 2012 or 2015, we might have won championships. Not sure that is going to be good enough in the future with our poor defense.
I understand you aren't happy but are you going to be like this for the next 9 months?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good article but I still don’t see how toxic our fans are that drive people away. I have yet to see anyone do a thing that at least 50 schools fans aren’t doing as well.

Maybe if Foley hadn’t crapped the bed on the last two hires and kept up in facilities the fans would be so “toxic” after going through a lost decade.
Its not. Butters said he didnt realize how bad the facilities were, assumed wed be like every other top school, but especially was pissed at our incredible lowballing on assistants and outright refusal to hire Quality Control staff. Twenty years ago, maybe not a problem. Today, no chance that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.