Play Jawaan Taylor NOW

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Enough of this crap. Fred Johnson is an absolute train wreck out there. Flailing, whiffing, getting called for holding, false starts. ENOUGH.

Taylor did far better from what I could see on the replay. This has to get shored up NOW.

He SHOULD start, but my guess is that Johnson will get a series or two to stink up the joint and then they'll make the switch.

I just hope we're not down two scores when they decide to make it happen. He should just start the bloody game and save us the pain of watching Johnson's ineptitude submarine our first two drives.

Fred is not the only problem on the OL, but there is at least a workable solution at RT.

Bring forth the man-child!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm getting the impression that you don't care for Fred Johnson.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I hope everyone watched the replay of the 4th quarter when Big Boy went in there and cleared the way for Scarlett. We could have taken 8-10 yards everytime we ran to Taylors side. He is ready, freshmen or not.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sure if anyone else noticed but we had better yardage running to the right than to the left despite having Ivey and Sharpe on the left.......On another positive note Dillard's suckage didn't stick out like a sore thumb....I have hope he may have an average year.:dunno:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if anyone else noticed but we had better yardage running to the right than to the left despite having Ivey and Sharpe on the left.......On another positive note Dillard's suckage didn't stick out like a sore thumb....I have hope he may have an average year.:dunno:

Can't be true, the left side of the line are the only 5 stars on the line....

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have an issue with Fred getting one more shot. Maybe getting pulled will wake him up, but I hope the leash is short and will be pulled quickly if needed.

As ready as Taylor may have seemed against UMASS experience does count against SEC teams. Either way I am sure Taylor gets plenty of playing time.

I really hope we win this easy and get the young guys some experience. You only get so many chances to get these kids playing time and we already missed one of them.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Can't be true, the left side of the line are the only 5 stars on the line....
I not giving up on Sharpe by any means and he is doing decent but as big as he is I keep waiting for him to get fired up and really start crushing some people....I'm still waiting.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I not giving up on Sharpe by any means and he is doing decent but as big as he is I keep waiting for him to get fired up and really start crushing some people....I'm still waiting.

Lol I know, at this point I'm trolling with the stars comments.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Taylor was not an early enrollee. He may not know the whole playbook at this point. I think we have to trust Mac to know when he is ready to start.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I noticed Ivey twice in the first half letting his responsibility run almost untouched to the QB. He got a little confused out there when they were moving people around. The line did pass block a lot better in the 2nd half however.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I hope everyone watched the replay of the 4th quarter when Big Boy went in there and cleared the way for Scarlett. We could have taken 8-10 yards everytime we ran to Taylors side. He is ready, freshmen or not.

damn right. i saw it too. coach him up and get him in there.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go home Long Tooth, you're drunk.

Taylor was not an early enrollee. He may not know the whole playbook at this point. I think we have to trust Mac to know when he is ready to start.

Trust the coaches?!?!?
:shocked:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Watching that again Fred Johnson does struggle with the speed rushers on passing plays. Taylor never really had to deal with them in the game due to it being those quick little passes or having a TE blocking beside him when he came in that time during the 4th quarter. On the running plays Taylor did push a couple of guys down the field pretty good when he was isolated with them. Unless Taylor has an even worse time dealing with the speed guys on the edge than Johnson when there is no TE beside him he probably should be given the chance to be the starter.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who has time to re-watch the game 5 times and chart every play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.