Possible bowl game opponents for UF

Who would you most like to play in the bowl?

• UCF

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Michigan

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Washington State

Votes: 11 8.2%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Beating UCF wasn't a big deal to begin with...Milton was their centerpiece. He was their team. No apologies for sure but that's like someone forcing you to beat up a handicapped kid. Not sure you brag about it.
Im all for beating the pizz out of a handicable team.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I have no problems beating them with or without Milton. I'd prefer we win rather than lose, so if we play them, I'm happy Milton is out.
It's not like the game shouldn't count because Milton didn't get to the ground soon enough....it could've happened in this game for all we know and I mean no disrespect to Milton in regards to his injury but sh!t happens in football....if it had happened in the 1st game of the season would people still have the same argument?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
UCF in the Peach is the best scenario because it combines the best storyline with the best odds of getting the win. Everyone hates UCF for their dooshy behavior and have been waiting another year for them to to finally get the beat down they deserve. Plus it has the intrigue of the Flagship vs the Upstarts.

And most importantly a win and a resultant 10 win season keeps the momentum going, where as a loss to tPOS and Urbs or another loss to that psycho in khakis would be a real sh*t ending to an otherwise pretty damn sweet season, so I’d much prefer UCF and the more of their starters out for the game the better.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
UCF in the Peach is the best scenario because it combines the best storyline with the best odds of getting the win. Everyone hates UCF for their dooshy behavior and have been waiting another year for them to to finally get the beat down they deserve. Plus it has the intrigue of the Flagship vs the Upstarts.

And most importantly a win and a resultant 10 win season keeps the momentum going, where as a loss to tPOS and Urbs or another loss to that psycho in khakis would be a real sh*t ending to an otherwise pretty damn sweet season, so I’d much prefer UCF and the more of their starters out for the game the better.

Thanks for saying it much better than I did.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Beating UCF wasn't a big deal to begin with...Milton was their centerpiece. He was their team. No apologies for sure but that's like someone forcing you to beat up a handicapped kid. Not sure you brag about it.

Ok. This made me literally LOL.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
We'll probably end up playing Meatchicken or Oklahoma.
It's too bad that the bowl-game matchups doesn't extend beyond the four team playoff thinking.
Nobody gives a shyt about UCF playing Florida. A UF/ Georgia rematch would be much better. But that will never happen because of all the stupid "rules."

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Looking at the possible outcomes in the final week I think this is the pool of teams that we could possibly play in either the Peach Bowl or Fiesta Bowl.

OSU (only if they lost to Northwestern)
Oklahoma (only if they lost to Texas)
Michigan (only if OSU doesn't make the playoff)
Washington State
LSU (highly doubtful they would rematch us)

UCF, Boise State or Fresno State (If UCF loses to Memphis its the winner of Boise State and Fresno State)

Am I remembering correctly that the top Group of 5 team get a New Years 6 bowl IF they are ranked 15 or higher? If UCF loses, I doubt any will.

I don’t think UCF loses. Their defense and running game have improved a lot over the last few games. The backup QB is young but can play.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
As long as we win I don’t care who we play. Neither will anybody else. Might as well be the little sisters of the poor (aka UCF) just to shut them up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mother Lions often teach their cubs hunting skills by letting them maul hobbled prey....and we certainly need a little more killer instinct....
:lol2: this is some of the dumbest shcit Iv e ever read.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know there’s actually a 0.001% chance we’ll play in the Fiesta Bowl, against any team, but I’d welcome it with open arms as I’d be there, no doubt.

Please....

fingers-crossed.gif

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
It depends on how much sh!t the handicapped kid has been talking ... ok I may be going to hell for that :bananaburn::bananaburn::bananaburn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.