Postgame Presser, in which Mullen declines to explain why AR's not starting because "it'll bore you"

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mullen wants EJ to be the guy so he can run his entire offense. I think Mullen feels like he’s hamstringing himself with AR because he “doesn’t know the whole playbook”.
From what I’ve seen, AR is worth running a dumb-downed playbook. The guy just makes **** happen.
agreed.

The problem I think most people have is how much he is leaning on EJ when he is clearly making game changing/stalling mistakes.....whilst benching the guy who makes big plays almost every time he has the ball.
Even if you don't want to fully hand over the reigns to AR just yet, there is no reason to have him on the bench so much. He absolutely needs more playing time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
AR has been here 2 years. He was smart enough to graduate high school early!The mother****er knows the playbook! Anybody with any sense knows this a bit cop out for Dan.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What's the point in a 2 qb system when they both bring the same to the table. This isn't Leak and Tebow or Trask and Emory. They do the same things but one is head and shoulder better than the other. Give the damn ball the the possible Heisman candidate and tell Emory he had his shot and didn't earn it.

You can't keep giving players opportunities just because they stayed at your program and waited their turn. Play the best available which is AR15

Can you say PORTAL?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Keep messing around and it will be Ritchardson in the portal and he'll go win a Heisman and National Championship somewhere else
Yup.

Anyone think he isnt leaving if EJ returns to exercise his seniority rights, that AR is back next year? No fuchsing way.

Ceyer and Eddie lost $cam (Heisman and NC)

Creyer lost Joe Burro (Heisman and NC).

Perhaps Mullinz feels he needs to lose AR to another team to catch up.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yup.

Anyone think he isnt leaving if EJ returns to exercise his seniority rights, that AR is back next year? No fuchsing way.

We didn't lose $cam.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Yup.

I 100% believe it's why he recruits so poorly out of HS but not bad from the portal. Portal players know they have a better opportunity to play under Mullen unlike when their coming out of HS. It's a terrible form of coaching and will always catch up to you in the end.

I wouldn't send my son to play for him even if he was the #1 overall player and a Qb because I know my son wouldn't get a fair opportunity to start. I wouldn't send and player to play for him because of his experience rules.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
There is a reason why Bama, Clemson, UGA, OU, OSU always pull so many 5* players each year and others get 1 maybe 2. All of those coaches have proved they will start the best no matter what. They don't care if your a Fr or Sr if your the best on the team at that position your the starter.

Dabo gave Bryant an opportunity at Clemson when TL showed up and gave him a few games and I can respect that but he made the call to switch to a true freshman cause he knew it gave him the best opportunity to win and dude won a championship the same year. Is Mullen doing the same thing Emory? It's possible but I don't believe that's the case

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stop being coy. He was running from the honor board and he knew he wasn't going to get any real playing time behind Tebow anyways.
yeah we didn't want him anyway.

and he didn't know the playbook.

or something.

always have excuses don't we?

but if he was such a dishonorable criminal why was Mullins chasing him at Cowbell?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
yeah we didn't want him anyway.

and he didn't know the playbook.

or something.

always have excuses don't we?

but if he was such a dishonorable criminal why was Mullins chasing him at Cowbell?

Uh...no...he stole a laptop, got caught cheating multiple times and was summoned to appear before the honor board to be kicked out of school. So he left. You can spin it however you want to spin it and maybe you get dumdums like @NOLAGATOR to believe you but it doesn't change what really happen.

It amazes me how wrong you will go just to defend a dumb point.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Uh...no...he stole a laptop, got caught cheating multiple times and was summoned to appear before the honor board to be kicked out of school. So he left. You can spin it however you want to spin it and maybe you get dumdums like @NOLAGATOR to believe you but it doesn't change what really happen.

Fuchs you Netfag

I know Cam was a cheat and a creep.

My comment was intended to show if Mullen strings AR along...he just might leave for anther school that will start him.

Remember LSU and THE OSU?

SO who's the Dumb Arse..mr down range know it all?

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yup.

You and I both know that's not true. The other examples are correct, and hopefully the primary reference doesn't end up being the case. But Newton had messed up and was likely gone regardless. And any chance of us being able to get around it was completely lost with the other QB on the roster being a UF legacy(that should've never been signed). If anything, that's a terrible example for you to bring up considering you and GatorKen(not the current one, one from the old board that loved UFC) were full blown on the Brantley, Weis, "best UF staff ever", let's get back to a normal offense, train. All those things contributed to CN being shown the door.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Uh...no...he stole a laptop, .
Oh... I get it. I mean you cant keep a laptop thief when you already have a "6-4 240lb tattoed hispanic or Hawaiian" riding around with the Pounceys and Reggie Nelson shooting two people in the head (and was a murder suspect in HS) on the team too, amirite? We had standards after all.

And, who was recruiting this ruthless criminal the most? Mullen and Malzahn?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Maybe if I used Burrows, or Justin Fields Netdork may have been able to grasp the concept.

I said Cam because every Gator knows we had two Heisman QBs on the same team...We all know why he left.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Maybe if I used Burrows, or Justin Fields Netdork may have been able to grasp the concept.

I said Cam because every Gator knows we had two Heisman QBs on the same team...We all know why he left.

Uh...no, according to you and your master's reply it appears there are a couple who don't know why he left. Furthermore, in both of your dumdum use of Cam you equate Jones to Tebow. And yall are doubling down on this doubling down of dumdums.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Oh... I get it. I mean you cant keep a laptop thief when you already have a "6-4 240lb tattoed hispanic or Hawaiian" riding around with the Pounceys and Reggie Nelson shooting two people in the head (and was a murder suspect in HS) on the team too, amirite? We had standards after all.

And, who was recruiting this ruthless criminal the most? Mullen and Malzahn?

You and your pet just keep getting dumber and dumber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator